Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

I hope they keep TD

Td is my favorite player on the team. Does anyone the extent of his contract?

vCash
    He's signed thru 2015.

BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

vCash
    If I remember correctly, his contract is very cheap for the 2012 (this year) and 2013 seasons and then in skyrockets to something like $10M in 2014, but it's avoidable if we cut him. I'm expecting him to be here next year, but cut/re-signed after that. When they re-structured his contract they put a huge payment year in for 2014 so he could have a chance at earning back some of the money.

I hope we can keep him for as long as he's playing well and healthy. He's a great leader on the defense and when he's healthy he's a top 5 4-3 OLB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    If I remember correctly, his contract is very cheap for the 2012 (this year) and 2013 seasons and then in skyrockets to something like $10M in 2014, but it's avoidable if we cut him. I'm expecting him to be here next year, but cut/re-signed after that. When they re-structured his contract they put a huge payment year in for 2014 so he could have a chance at earning back some of the money.

I hope we can keep him for as long as he's playing well and healthy. He's a great leader on the defense and when he's healthy he's a top 5 4-3 OLB.
    Completely agree. I think it will probably be "restructured with a good chunk of guaranteed money" instead of "cut/re-signed", but your point remains.

I, too, really like TD. He's been a HUGE inspiration as I've fought through my own knee injuries. I hope he's set an example for Beason and Ron Edwards as well, both of whom are coming off their second year on IR.