Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs?

vCash
    Guys,

Nobody has to lose "a bunch" of games for the jets to make it. Currently, the Steelers and the Bengals are one game up on the jets. Down the stretch they play each other. Meaning one of those teams will take a loss. I don't think we have tie breakers on either of them, so all that has to happen is the Steelers or Bengals lose 1 of the other 2 games they have left.

The jets have to win out, but they have by far the easiest schedule of the three teams.

vCash
    God it's really too bad one of the Colts final 3 games is against Kansas City. Colts play Houston twice... If they played a better team, I would have really liked our chances of them losing out.

I can't see the Bengals and Steelers both losing 2 of their final 3. Bengals I could see it but I can't see Pittsburgh doing it.

vCash
    For us to have a shot at making the playoffs I say we start McElroy over Sanchez

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    God it's really too bad one of the Colts final 3 games is against Kansas City. Colts play Houston twice... If they played a better team, I would have really liked our chances of them losing out.

I can't see the Bengals and Steelers both losing 2 of their final 3. Bengals I could see it but I can't see Pittsburgh doing it.
    We only need one of those teams to lose 1 and then lose to the other team when they play each other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PanamaSmoketree View Post
    We only need one of those teams to lose 1 and then lose to the other team when they play each other.
    No. We are competing for only one playoff spot and there are 3 teams. We need to pass both of those teams.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseOfJoeNamth View Post
    we are still alive but now we need The Steelers to lose a bunch of games and it most likelly isn't gonna happen and the Colts are hot they are not losing there next 3 one more win and they lock it up, Sorry guys but don't get your hopes up because i see us missing the playoffs while winning out and going 9-7, The Steelers are to well coached to fall to 8-8
    Colts playign the Texans twice and the CHiefs on the road. The Colts losing out is way more likely that Pitt going 1-2 imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    No. We are competing for only one playoff spot and there are 3 teams. We need to pass both of those teams.

Assuming the Colts have already locked up that 5 seed is a joke. They are one of the worst 9-4 teams Ive ever seen. We whooped them, and could definitely lose 2 to Texans and to KC on the road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash

I stand corrected. However, if Cin loses to Pitt and Pitt loses to Dallas and Cleveland we finished tied with Cin, but would have the tie breaker over them (div record). We also have the tie breaker over Indy, incidentally.

vCash

I wasn't able to make that configuration work. Do you know for certain that Cincinnati has the tiebreaker over the Jets if they both have 7-5 conference records? Certainly the Jets would jump over them if their next loss was a conference game as they stand at 5-5 in the conference while we are 4-5. I think it's too early to say for certain they have the edge over us if tied.

Of course, a 4-way tie could occur and that would be a wild scenario for the tiebreakers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PanamaSmoketree View Post
    I stand corrected. However, if Cin loses to Pitt and Pitt loses to Dallas and Cleveland we finished tied with Cin, but would have the tie breaker over them (div record). We also have the tie breaker over Indy, incidentally.
    We don't currently have an edge over Cincy but this may transpire. Pittsburgh beat us head-to-head so we would have to leapfrog them. Indy, we're in if we catch them as long as Cincy or Pittsburgh are below us.

Just know that we need help and the more the better - go Dallas and Philly! And Houston too.

vCash
    If Cincy can beat Pitt and Philly can beat Cincy, then I'll get excited...but that's all assuming we win out?

vCash

If the Steelers lose 2 games, we pass them.
    If the Bengals lose 1 game and that loss is to either the Ravens or Steelers, we win the tie breaker.

Since the Steelers probably aren't going to lose to the Browns and the Cowboys...
    • We have to hope that the Steelers lose to the Bengals and one of the other two, AND
    • The Ravens beat the Bengals (so we get the tie breaker based on conf record).

The other (and less likely) scenario is...
    The Steelers beat the Bengals and lose to the Cowboys and Browns.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    If the Bengals lose 1 game and that loss is to either the Ravens or Steelers, we win the tie breaker.

Since the Steelers probably aren't going to lose to the Browns and the Cowboys...
    • We have to hope that the Steelers lose to the Bengals and one of the other two, AND

The other (and less likely) scenario is...
    The Steelers beat the Bengals and lose to the Cowboys and Browns.

In other words...we have a better chance of seeing Vinny suit up on Sunday

vCash
    If we win out and get some help from Dallas Philadelphia and Houston we'll make the playoffs. As Beltran said, we need the Steelers to lose to the Bengals and we need them to lose to the Eagles. It's a big longshot for that to happen but ray: it does

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post

I can see that happening sorta. But I will def wait to see if the Jets win their own games before getting too excited.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast