Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs?

vCash
    I dont think Jets are going to beat the titans or the chargers. Neither of those teams are as bad as the Jags or cards.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    anyone else noticethe Seahawks beat the Cardnials 58-0 and we struggled to beat them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseOfJoeNamth View Post
    anyone else noticethe Seahawks beat the Cardnials 58-0 and we struggled to beat them
    And we blew out the 9-4 Colts. Just proves that anything can happen on any given Sunday.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Guess what my friend-- 7-6 is exactly the same as 58-0; they both equate to a win!!! This isn't the BCS where 58-0 looks 100x better than 7-6.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    A possible good thing that can happen from us winning out and trying to make a playoff push is the team could get re-motivated to play for Rex. Which right now they really dont seem to be and then we go into next year with whatever new pieces we get and play that much harder

vCash
    We blew out the Colts the week after they beat the Packers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    I dont think Jets are going to beat the titans or the chargers. Neither of those teams are as bad as the Jags or cards.
    What makes you say that? The Cards have the 8th best D in the NFL. The Titans? one of the worst. Say what you want, but I think the Titans are significantly worse than the Cards. The Chargers are the best team of thos e4 but theyre by no means great. They're a a prettya verage football team, just like the New York jets. From this point of the season to now, we've beat all the below average to average or slightly above average football teams (Bills, Colts, Rams, Cards, Dolphins once, Jags). Weve yet to lose to a bad team really, I wouldnt say the Dolphins are bad really.

Titans? Well win. Chargers at night at home, needing a win to stay alive in the playoff race? We'll win. Bills is the toughest one on the road, with the Bills' D starting to really come around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    What makes you say that? The Cards have the 8th best D in the NFL. The Titans? one of the worst. Say what you want, but I think the Titans are significantly worse than the Cards. The Chargers are the best team of thos e4 but theyre by no means great. They're a a prettya verage football team, just like the New York jets. From this point of the season to now, we've beat all the below average to average or slightly above average football teams (Bills, Colts, Rams, Cards, Dolphins once, Jags). Weve yet to lose to a bad team really, I wouldnt say the Dolphins are bad really.

Titans? Well win. Chargers at night at home, needing a win to stay alive in the playoff race? We'll win. Bills is the toughest one on the road, with the Bills' D starting to really come around
    What makes him say that? The same reason he spews venom (what he calls reality) towards his favorite team every time he writes. He can't help himself. There's a term reserved for him.

He can bet against the Jets if he chooses. The funny thing is he'll get points which flies in the face of his certainty they will lose. Vegas will disagree. Besides that, he uses adolescent reasoning saying those teams are somehow better at 4-9 & 5-8. Wow. Insightful logic. It's about match ups, not records.

This team struggles against the better QB's and really don't face one down the stretch here so they will definitely have a chance.

vCash
    Crazy at it may seem, a Houston loss tonight would give the Colts a path to win that division. Conversely, the Colts can free-fall out of the playoffs in spite of this rash of slipping by opponents. Should Houston lose against NE, a renewed sense of urgency for the division and top seed would be in play who Indy faces twice in the last three weeks. I think Houston will thrash them both games leaving their game at KC as a possibly critical one for the Jets. Before you write off a Chiefs game in KC, know that their pass defense (#9 overall) is strong and that's a matchup that the Colts and Luck don't like. There could very well be some challenging elements outdoors in KC at that time.

Obviously, the Jets need a lot of help but it's better than being in other situations where teams have no hope.

Pittsburgh looked horrible and have no push and lost another OLineman (Colon). They are in Dallas, a team with a lot to play for.

Cincinnati is also on the road Sunday night in Philly who just beat a playoff hopeful team in Tampa.

Next week could be a good week for the Jets. We'll see.

And for those of you who say "so what"? Continue to do so. I couldn't care less. The team is completely depleted and likely has no chance to go anywhere if they miraculously made it but so what. Maybe they can make some noise. Indy, Baltimore and Denver are all frauds and we had the Patriots beaten in NE and Houston was very closely contested. I say let's have some fun with this miserable season and see what happens. Who knows, with some bad weather, some bounces our way (for a change), anything can happen. The Jets are very stingy through the air (#3 vs the pass) and in bad conditions, some of these teams who can't run could find the going very tough. I know, too optimistic....not realistic, right? Too bad. I'm a fan to whom hope springs eternal.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 12-10-2012 at 11:04 AM.

vCash
    Dear lord we could actually make the playoffs. And if Baltimore gets the 3 seed that's actually a winnable game. Oh my god am I actually talking myself into us winning a playoff game. I hope this doesn't save Tanny's job.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Crazy at it may seem, a Houston loss tonight would give the Colts a path to win that division. Conversely, the Colts can free-fall out of the playoffs in spite of this rash of slipping by opponents. Should Houston lose against NE, a renewed sense of urgency for the division and top seed would be in play who Indy faces twice in the last three weeks. I think Houston will thrash them both games leaving their game at KC as a possibly critical one for the Jets. Before you write off a Chiefs game in KC, know that their pass defense (#9 overall) is strong and that's a matchup that the Colts and Luck don't like. There could very well be some challenging elements outdoors in KC at that time.

Obviously, the Jets need a lot of help but it's better than being in other situations where teams have no hope.

Pittsburgh looked horrible and have no push and lost another OLineman (Colon). They are in Dallas, a team with a lot to play for.

Cincinnati is also on the road Sunday night in Philly who just beat a playoff hopeful team in Tampa.

Next week could be a good week for the Jets. We'll see.

And for those of you who say "so what"? Continue to do so. I couldn't care less. The team is completely depleted and likely has no chance to go anywhere if they miraculously made it but so what. Maybe they can make some noise. Indy, Baltimore and Denver are all frauds and we had the Patriots beaten in NE and Houston was very closely contested. I say let's have some fun with this miserable season and see what happens. Who knows, with some bad weather, some bounces our way (for a change), anything can happen. The Jets are very stingy through the air (#3 vs the pass) and in bad conditions, some of these teams who can't run could find the going very tough. I know, too optimistic....not realistic, right? Too bad. I'm a fan to whom hope springs eternal.
    No, they are not. They are some of the better teams in the AFC.

vCash
    we are still alive but now we need The Steelers to lose a bunch of games and it most likelly isn't gonna happen and the Colts are hot they are not losing there next 3 one more win and they lock it up, Sorry guys but don't get your hopes up because i see us missing the playoffs while winning out and going 9-7, The Steelers are to well coached to fall to 8-8
    Last edited by CurseOfJoeNamth; 12-10-2012 at 11:22 AM.

vCash
    we are still alive but now we need The Steelers to lose a bunch of games and it most likelly isn't gonna happen and the Colts are hot they are not losing there next 3 one more win and they lock it up, Sorry guys but don't get your hopes up because i see us missing the playoffs while winning out and going 9-7, The Steelers are to well coached to fall to 8-8
    Did you watch that well-coached team play yesterday? They're not very good. They were down to a hapless Charger team at home 27-3 before the prevent allowed them to score a bit. Their OLine is decimated and Ben looks rusty as hell and they CANNOT run the ball. If you think they'll roll into Dallas and crush them, you can. I see that as a colossal struggle for them.

And they don't have to lose a bunch of games. Just two. I think the first comes in Dallas.

I think there are a lot of frauds out there - Atlanta, Green Bay, Chicago, Baltimore, Denver, Pittsburgh, Indy all feasting on some good fortune and scheduling. Some of those teams are one-dimensional and will find it rough in the playoffs against the best defenses in the elements. Just my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post

Cards are not worse than the Titans. In case you forgot they have a RB named CJ2k. Hes a quick elusive Rb the type the Jets have trouble with. The titans can also score unlike the hapless cards who have lost 9 in a row. Had Kolb been playing the Jets would have lost.

Chargers? Much better offense. Again Chargers have a combo that gives the Jets trouble. They have a quick RB who can catch the ball well out of the backfield. The chargers also have Gates who will give the Jets fits.

Bills? Again CJ spiller is a rb that can potentially give the Jets trouble. I know the Jets blew them out in week 1 but game 2 wont be the same. To me this is a toss up.

I will stand firm I see the Jets losing to the Titans and Chargers. Hopefully Im wrong, I just call it like I see it.

Jets had trouble scoring vs Cards and Jags.. Just doesnt bode well when you play teams who can actually score more than 10 points.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

That link will show you all the different scenarios on how we can make it

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast