Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs?

vCash
    Very much alive.

We need to win otu regardless, so if we do, our conference record will be 7-5. Bengals are 5-5 right now with games against the Steelers and Ravens (we hope they beat the Steelers, because the Steelers play the Browns week 17). Steelers also play the Cowboys who are in the playoff hunt in the NFC. Since the Steelers beat us head to head, we need to finish with a better record, thus we need them to go 1-2 against the Bengals, Cowboys, and Browns, or else were done. 1-2 isnt likely but very possible, already having lost to Cleveland, and the Bengals and cowboys gonna be leaving it all on the line too.

Jets at 9-7 have a legit chance, and facing the Titans, Chargers and Bills? Idk, not gonna get too optimistic.

Next tiebreaker would be common opponents.

Cincy common opponents would be Jacksonville, we both won, Miami, we won one and lost one, they only lost one and Chargers, who they beat and we need to. We would win that tie breaker if we win out. The Steelers beat us head to head so we need t finish with a better record.
    Last edited by kmo429; 12-09-2012 at 04:28 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Steelers and bengals both lose, buffalo loses, jets win. Perfect Sunday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    Very much alive.

We need to win otu regardless, so if we do, our conference record will be 7-5. Bengals are 5-5 right now with games against the Steelers and Ravens (we hope they beat the Steelers, because the Steelers play the Browns week 17). Steelers also play the Cowboys who are in the playoff hunt in the NFC.

Jets at 9-7 have a legit chance, and facing the Titans, Chargers and Bills? Idk, not gonna get too optimistic.
    If the Bengals lose to the Ravens and beat the Steelers, we would have the tie breaker over them, but the Steelers have the tiebreaker over us. Not sure how that would work.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    If the Bengals lose to the Ravens and beat the Steelers, we would have the tie breaker over them, but the Steelers have the tiebreaker over us. Not sure how that would work.
    We ned the Steelers to finish, with at least one of the losses being the Bengals. That would put the Bengals at 8-6 and 6-5 in conference with games against the Ravens and Eagles. If they lose against Ravens and beat Eagles, they'd be 6-6 in conference to our 7-5 with the same record, so we'd have the tie breaker. Ifthe other way around, then theyll be 7-5 in the conference, but our win-loss-tie % over common opponents (Dolphins, Jags, Chargers) would be better (we'd have 3-1 while they had 2-1). So, if we win out, we just really need:

Bengals to beat the Steelers week 16.
    Bengals to lose either of the other two. (Eagles or Ravens)
    Steelers to lose either of the other two. (Cowboys or Browns)

vCash
    why can't anyone close it out against the colts?!?

vCash
    We ned the Steelers to finish, with at least one of the losses being the Bengals. That would put the Bengals at 8-6 and 6-5 in conference with games against the Ravens and Eagles. If they lose against Ravens and beat Eagles, they'd be 6-6 in conference to our 7-5 with the same record, so we'd have the tie breaker. Ifthe other way around, then theyll be 7-5 in the conference, but our win-loss-tie % over common opponents (Dolphins, Jags, Chargers) would be better (we'd have 3-1 while they had 2-1). So, if we win out, we just really need:

Bengals to beat the Steelers week 16.
    Bengals to lose either of the other two. (Eagles or Ravens)
    Steelers to lose either of the other two. (Cowboys or Browns)
    I get that we'd have the tie breaker over the Bengals, but the Steelers have the tie breaker over the Jets due to head to head. If there's a 3 way tie, we have the tie breaker over the Bengals would have the tie breaker over the Steelers, who would have the tie breaker against us.

Since head to head is more important than conference record,the Steelers would make the playoff. What am I missing?

Unless you're suggesting that they Steelers are going to lose to either Dallas or Cleveland and Cincinnatti to go 8-8?

It could happen, but it's unlikely.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    I get that we'd have the tie breaker over the Bengals, but the Steelers have the tie breaker over the Jets due to head to head. If there's a 3 way tie, we have the tie breaker over the Bengals would have the tie breaker over the Steelers, who would have the tie breaker against us.

Since head to head is more important than conference record,the Steelers would make the playoff. What am I missing?

Unless you're suggesting that they Steelers are going to lose to either Dallas or Cleveland and Cincinnatti to go 8-8?

It could happen, but it's unlikely.
    No Im suggesting the Steelers go 8-8. The Steelers going 8-8 (losing to the Bengals and then to either the Browns or Cowboys) is our only shot to make the playoffs. IF that happens, and we win out of course, all we will need is for Cincy to lose to either the Ravens or Eagles to make the playoffs. IF we all go 9-7, well that's pretty unlikely with Ciny and Pit having a head to head matchup, way more unlikely than the situation I previously described imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinLikeAJET View Post
    why can't anyone close it out against the colts?!?
    They are legitimately the worst 9-4 team in NFL history lol

With that, its not out of the question they cloe out 0-3 against the Texans, Chiefs, and Texans again. Unlikely, but if it happens the Jets playoff chances multiply by 1000 considering we have the tiebreaker over indy.

vCash
    No Im suggesting the Steelers go 8-8. The Steelers going 8-8 (losing to the Bengals and then to either the Browns or Cowboys) is our only shot to make the playoffs. IF that happens, and we win out of course, all we will need is for Cincy to lose to either the Ravens or Eagles to make the playoffs. IF we all go 9-7, well that's pretty unlikely with Ciny and Pit having a head to head matchup, way more unlikely than the situation I previously described imo
    I just don't see the Steelers losing to the Browns. They might lose to the Bengals, but with the season on the line, I just don't see them losing. The Cowboys are coming off two wins, and they're so inconsistent that I can honestly see them coming out flat against the Steelers.

Anything is possible, but I think it's likely the Steelers win at least 2 of their next 3.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    I just don't see the Steelers losing to the Browns. They might lose to the Bengals, but with the season on the line, I just don't see them losing. The Cowboys are coming off two wins, and they're so inconsistent that I can honestly see them coming out flat against the Steelers.

Anything is possible, but I think it's likely the Steelers win at least 2 of their next 3.
    Yup, our playoff hopes went out the window last week. It would take a miracle for us to make it into the big dance, although this season is eerily reminiscent of 2009 when after playing the Jaguars in week 14, we were 6-7 with next to no shot at the playoffs.

vCash
    I really don't care about Cincinnati or Pittsburgh; take care of our own business with Tennessee starting next Monday night!
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    So basically we need Cincy to Beat Pitt to even have a shot, right?

vCash
    Miami loses as well....what a week

vCash
    Is going to come down to us vs chargers
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    If we somehow make the playoffs I just hope that Woody doesn't take it as a sign he doesn't need to make the drastic changes this team needs. Even if we run the table and get in we're not a good football team.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast