Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs?

vCash

Playoffs?

Question- even if the Jets did win out we would need the bengals to lose two more games and the steelers to lose 3(because they beat us head to head) in order to make the playoffs right? Colts are not losing 3 games and jets probably won't win out but I just am not to familiar with the tiebreakers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSMETSRANGERS View Post
    Question- even if the Jets did win out we would need the bengals to lose two more games and the steelers to lose 3(because they beat us head to head) in order to make the playoffs right? Colts are not losing 3 games and jets probably won't win out but I just am not to familiar with the tiebreakers
    Correct. And to make matters worse, one of the Bengals losses would have to be against the Steelers or we wouldn't win the tie breaker against Cincy. So the Steelers beating the Bengals and losing their other 3 is next to impossible.

Bottom line...the Jets aren't making the playoffs.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    The Jets not making the playoffs is actually a good thing for us because it lets us know where ALL of our needs are and we can begin formulating a plan to make our team better for 2013

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Colts could lose 3. Two games are against Houston. The other two are Tennessee and Kansas City. I don't think the Colts are as good as their record so I wouldn't be surprised if one of those teams, probably the Titans, can pull out a win. Hopefully the Texans are playing their starters in week 17 though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METSandJETS94 View Post
    Colts could lose 3. Two games are against Houston. The other two are Tennessee and Kansas City. I don't think the Colts are as good as their record so I wouldn't be surprised if one of those teams, probably the Titans, can pull out a win. Hopefully the Texans are playing their starters in week 17 though.
    That still doesn't do it. Let's say the Colts lose 3 of 4, which they won't.

The Jets still need...
    The Steelers to beat the Bengals and lose their other 3 games...not likely, or
    The Bengals lose to the Steelers and Ravens...which is possible.

I get that you're holding out hope, but the odds are so stacked against the Jets that we should accept the situation for what it is. If you're religious, I suggest you pray.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    We have NO business making the playoffs. This is a bad football team. We honestly need a big rebuild but our owner is blind and he'll keep the two biggest problems around for another year and it will be worse than this year.
    Originally Posted by erickench
    At least Lackey had a winning record for the Red Sox. His ERA was just a little high.

vCash
    Isn't it true that if Cincy gets a WC then Pitt is eleminated because you can't have two WC in the same division?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Net Warrior View Post
    Isn't it true that if Cincy gets a WC then Pitt is eleminated because you can't have two WC in the same division?
    No, that's not true.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Not that i would want to root for my team to lose, but isnt there a rule saying there are limitations on what you can do if you are a playoff team. If this is the case, i would rather not make the playoffs and be able to sign whoever we want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyesmuststay View Post
    Not that i would want to root for my team to lose, but isnt there a rule saying there are limitations on what you can do if you are a playoff team. If this is the case, i would rather not make the playoffs and be able to sign whoever we want.
    Dude, the Jets are not making the playoffs even if they win out.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    You have a better chance at winning the lotto than the Jets making the playoffs, Regardless of tie breakers and this and that this team ins't winning 4 straight games, We will finish 8-8 again and our next possible playoff appearance won't be until winter 2014 and its still 2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseOfJoeNamth View Post
    You have a better chance at winning the lotto than the Jets making the playoffs, Regardless of tie breakers and this and that this team ins't winning 4 straight games, We will finish 8-8 again and our next possible playoff appearance won't be until winter 2014 and its still 2012
    I think winning out is a good possibility. They're still not making the playoffs.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseOfJoeNamth View Post
    Every statement you made is factually false. They have better odds than winning the lottery and you have no crystal ball that they will finish 8-8. You can surmise this but is is no fact. Sorry. And unless they are taking a year off, they DO have a chance to qualify next year. That's a fact. And another statement factually wrong. Let's try to get it right next time. Just once.

Signed,

Dugmet's evil twin.

vCash
    Playoffs?!??! Playoffs?!?!?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast