Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vacaville
    Posts
    1,548
    vCash
    1500

    Offense is pathetic, but.......

    ...how have we managed to be ranked 5th or 13th in offense out of all 32 teams? We can't even run the ball. Since we can't run the ball is it fair to give Palmer the blame? I don't think so, I'm actually surprised he hasn't thrown more interceptions. I remember one game he threw it sixty times. Here are the Raiders offensive statistics so far:



    Oakland Total Yardage Total 4665 Rush 1055 Pass 3610



    Oakland Avg. yards per game Yards 358.8 Rush 81.2 Pass 277.7



    I am baffled at how this offense is ranked 5th or 13th in the NFL. And since we can't run the ball, we have to give Palmer all the credit for any success the offense has had.

    I'm saying 5th or 13th because my local paper The Vacaville Reporter says 5th in offense, but NFL.com says 13th. Either way, I'm surprised we aren't last.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sanger/Fresno, CA.
    Posts
    1,820
    vCash
    1500
    I'm baffled as well, not only by his numbers but also by his critics. theres no way hes at fault for our team as a WHOLE playing like **** to say the least(besides Reece, Wheeler & Burris) lol

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,884
    vCash
    1500
    Its all Palmer, and people are quick to blame him for this season. He is the only one showing up week in and week out on offense. Best QB we've had since Gannon, and people want to throw in a guy who has a weak arm and terrible accuracy? You think Palmer throws a lot of interceptions? Throw Pryor in there and see how many he can throw versus TD's.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    15,586
    vCash
    1500
    Some background :

    The Raiders are 13th in offense, with 358.6 yards / game. They are 25th in scoring, averaging 19.1 points / game.

    Offensively, the Raiders are 7th in passing, but 30th in rushing. (I can't confirm it, but I'm betting Oakland is in the bottom 5 of rush attempts all season)

    Two things conspire against the Raiders : the defense is terrible, limiting the team's offensive opportunities - and since the Raider special teams are terrible, they get themselves into terrible field position, as well.

    Put bluntly, they gain a lot of yards because they start at the 20 and have 80 yards to get into position to score; they rarely do.

    For anyone interested, few stats are as revealing as "3rd down %" - on offense, teams that convert tend to win. That's historically accurate. Oakland is 27th, completing a meager 33.5% of their third down opportunities.

    The lack of a running game has been an incrdible disadvantage for the Raiders this season. I don't know if it's Greg Knapp or Dennis Allen who insists on throwing the ball 35+ a game, but they should be focused on running the ball, shortening the game and trying to keep the defense off the field.

    The Raiders defense is only effective when it's on the sidelines.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    san jose, ca
    Posts
    3,312
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Some background :

    The Raiders are 13th in offense, with 358.6 yards / game. They are 25th in scoring, averaging 19.1 points / game.

    Offensively, the Raiders are 7th in passing, but 30th in rushing. (I can't confirm it, but I'm betting Oakland is in the bottom 5 of rush attempts all season)

    Two things conspire against the Raiders : the defense is terrible, limiting the team's offensive opportunities - and since the Raider special teams are terrible, they get themselves into terrible field position, as well.

    Put bluntly, they gain a lot of yards because they start at the 20 and have 80 yards to get into position to score; they rarely do.

    For anyone interested, few stats are as revealing as "3rd down %" - on offense, teams that convert tend to win. That's historically accurate. Oakland is 27th, completing a meager 33.5% of their third down opportunities.

    The lack of a running game has been an incrdible disadvantage for the Raiders this season. I don't know if it's Greg Knapp or Dennis Allen who insists on throwing the ball 35+ a game, but they should be focused on running the ball, shortening the game and trying to keep the defense off the field.

    The Raiders defense is only effective when it's on the sidelines.
    great post Shred
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    2,733
    vCash
    1500
    I've been saying this all year. With out Carson at QB, this season would really be bad!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    9,219
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliDevil71 View Post
    I've been saying this all year. With out Carson at QB, this season would really be bad!
    not really. it would be the same imo with campbell. we won't be worse than 3-13 nor better.


    Yall let me slip?!?!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    15,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    not really. it would be the same imo with campbell. we won't be worse than 3-13 nor better.
    The Raiders won 5 games with JaMarcus starting.

    It's not Palmer, though he's not getting the job done.

    The defense is as bad as I've ever seen - and there are plenty of times where Raider defensive players are in a position to make a play and simply can't.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,626
    vCash
    1500
    Palmer single handedly lost us the bucs game and threw a costly pick in the broncos game, everytime we get some momentum palmer throws a pick, or fumbles, I use to be a huge supporter of him but now I've taken off my rose colored glasses, all his stats come in garabage time, get pryor some snaps to see what we have in him.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,867
    vCash
    1500
    First things first, we need to fix the defense. We need depth, & to add 3/4 quality starters to that side of the ball. Offensively, I'll give Palmer/Mcfadden a guard, Ford back, and a Right Tackle and I'm good.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,917
    vCash
    1500
    Simply put it is because our defense sucks. It is relative to our offensive production.

    I'm Your Huckleberry.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    2,768
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SDraiders619 View Post
    Palmer single handedly lost us the bucs game and threw a costly pick in the broncos game, everytime we get some momentum palmer throws a pick, or fumbles, I use to be a huge supporter of him but now I've taken off my rose colored glasses, all his stats come in garabage time, get pryor some snaps to see what we have in him.
    Yup,I kept thinking to myself why can't Palmer tackle Martin the dude's only 5'9 and he lets him stroll fro 200+yards!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,917
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    Yup,I kept thinking to myself why can't Palmer tackle Martin the dude's only 5'9 and he lets him stroll fro 200+yards!!
    Why that dirty son of a *&$#$

    I'm Your Huckleberry.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,626
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    Yup,I kept thinking to myself why can't Palmer tackle Martin the dude's only 5'9 and he lets him stroll fro 200+yards!!


    It goes without saying our defense was **** that game, but at the end of the game they finally started producing, and right when were on the verge of the greatest comeback in raider history, down by 3 with about 3 minutes left on the bucs side of the field, palmer throws a game ending pick, and breaks the hearts of raider fans around the world, he cracks under pressure and only produces in garabe time, let's see what tp has, maybe he could be a baby cam, we at least have to raise his trade value, palmer is one of the best players in the raiders but that isn't saying much, the only guys I 100% want to keep from this year are houston, streater, moore, veldheer, wiz, reece, myers, burris, wheeler and desmond bryant, the rest are replaceable

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sanger/Fresno, CA.
    Posts
    1,820
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SDraiders619 View Post
    Palmer single handedly lost us the bucs game and threw a costly pick in the broncos game, everytime we get some momentum palmer throws a pick, or fumbles, I use to be a huge supporter of him but now I've taken off my rose colored glasses, all his stats come in garabage time, get pryor some snaps to see what we have in him.
    Yea he single handedly let Martin run wild on our defense?? C'mon man....I'm with you on giving Pryor some snaps but, lets not get irrational now.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •