6. You may not vote on this poll
  • rajon rondo

6 100.00%
  • jrue holiday

0 0%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    i don't and i don't want to understand why kg didn't shot that ball .
    That's the real problem at the end. KG is just too generous sometimes. You took that shot 250 times in your career, do it again. Passing can get the ball clipped, and passing to someone that expects you too shoot can have all sorts of nasty consequences. Just finish the play KG.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungOne View Post
    positive thing from tonight: jeff is slowly gettin better and better

other: bass, lee, barbosa are not much more than trade bait..

Bass has been inconsistent - poor first haves followed by better second halves has been his m.o. - but has been the teams second leading rebounder.

You cannot judge Lee on the air ball alone. He was off to a very good start until Doc buried him on the bench. He was +5 last night.

Barbosa hasn't played for week due to flu.

I do think a guard will be included in any trade made - been saying that since Barbosa was signed. Who else would be included will likely be based on matching financials as much as anything else.

If a trade is made, say for Hickson - then that second player could be be any of Collins, Sullinger, Joseph, Melo. If a trade is made for someone like Jefferson, then the second player would need to be Bass or Green or a combination of more players.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Why wuld you trade sullinger plus another player for hickson?

vCash
    hopefully green builds on his performances the lat 4 games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by celtics 34 View Post
    Why wuld you trade sullinger plus another player for hickson?
    Have to match salaries.

You could insert "_____" for Hickson. Salaries still have to match. Draft picks have no monetary value in matching salaries.

A point being made is that an affordable player like Hickson ($4 M, I believe) will still cost the Celtics.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungOne View Post
    hopefully green builds on his performances the lat 4 games
    Yeah.... Last night was a peak performance for him. I don't know if it is fair to expect those totals on a regular basis as long as he is coming off the bench. He does appear to be coming around though.

vCash
    pierce played 44 minutes last night , KG 35 ,that's going to be a factor tonight but i can't see us losing this one .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Have to match salaries.

You could insert "_____" for Hickson. Salaries still have to match. Draft picks have no monetary value in matching salaries.

A point being made is that an affordable player like Hickson ($4 M, I believe) will still cost the Celtics.
    What I'm trying to get at is how would hickson help the team they already have a couple undersized pfs why trade for another?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by celtics 34 View Post
    What I'm trying to get at is how would hickson help the team they already have a couple undersized pfs why trade for another?
    If you somehow traded Bass, a pick and a guard for JJ Hickson, you'd get another undersized PF, this is true. But he also plays above the rim, has great rebounding potential and would be a shot blocker if he understood the defensive rotations well enough to stay out there as a starter. I'm not saying I'd give up a ton to get him, but that would be the logic behind it.

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    Rondo seems like he's limping a little bit to me.

vCash
    Yeah, he hurt it last night. and with Rondo's ankle injury this team looks downright geriatric tonight

vCash
    Good 1st quarter. Green looks good

vCash
    jeff is looking good again .

vCash
    great pass !

vCash
    gonna predict that Green averages 15ppg (give or take a point or 2) for the final 63 games of the season...

different 2nd unit when barbosa is out there... good to have him back...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast