Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: So, whatcha think is gonna happen?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eagles win - Dream Team!

5 29.41%
  • Eagles lose - Dynasty!

8 47.06%
  • Eagles tie - I miss 5!

4 23.53%
  • Who Cares?

0 0%
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Too much blame on the coach, not enough on the players, IMO.

Get me to the playoffs consistently, which Reid has done, and I'll take my chances.
    Blame should be on both. We need new personal in some key positions as well, but he hasn't fixed any of his own problems either. We need a more balanced attack and this group of veterans need a new voice. At a certain point, A lot of coaches get teams to playoffs, but is Andy Reid going to win you a Super Bowl with his approach and scheme.

vCash
    Why is it necessary to keep Reid if we start Foles??? As if the kid cant mature as a player without Reid, that notion is just perplexing. Reid is gone...fourteen years was longgg enough. Also keepin mind mind we were one play and one yard away from losing...again. Dont over react to a win against a mediocre team. It was encouraging but keep it in context.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillybirdblog View Post
    Nick Foles impressed me alot yesterday, but I'm trying to stay humble. That was one of the worst pass defenses all season last year.

I like what I see out of him, he's improving every game. The real question is, where is his ceiling?
    His ceiling is however his decision making improves because physically he has no limitations in terms of passing and size

His decision making is the issue but he improved on that yesterday. Hes not scared to get hit or stay in the pocket (gabbert) but that was already known.

He has toughness, arm strength and intelligence

Field awareness has improved since his first start

Questions still exist big time in his decision making and accuracy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    Why is it necessary to keep Reid if we start Foles??? As if the kid cant mature as a player without Reid, that notion is just perplexing. Reid is gone...fourteen years was longgg enough. Also keepin mind mind we were one play and one yard away from losing...again. Dont over react to a win against a mediocre team. It was encouraging but keep it in context.
    Nothing to do with the win. Everything to do with the effort

vCash
    I still question Foles arm strength, i'd like to see more zip on some of his out route type passes. There were more than one occasion yesterday where he seemed to guide a ball, rather than throw it to the receiver causing the pass to be broken up easily.

Also not sold on the deep ball.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    Well deep ball arm strength and zipping it in use different muscles I believe. I've seen young qbs able to launch it 50 yards (9th graders which is a lot) but on the short stuff there isn't much zip.

Most guys with big arms are strong in both areas. I've seen kids who aren't and are one or the other

Now foles is throwing a ton off his backfoot. People say its a line issue but he has noted footwork issues since college. He was hitting 55 yards with ease off his back foot. I don't think deep arm is a concern

Can't comment on his velocity because he throws off his back foot so much that its hard to know

Very few qbs can zip it in off their back foot. Mcnabb, Vick, Favre, cutler, elway, Rodgers come to mind

Manning, Brady, Marino, aikman the more pocket guys need to step in

Arm strength to some extent is closely aligned with athleticism

My little brother for example is a qb. He's not big, runs a 4.6 40 in 10th grade and can throw roughly 55-57 yards comfortably and his short ball will break fingers. Terrell Owens told him he had an nfl arm. So athleticism plays a factor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    His ceiling is however his decision making improves because physically he has no limitations in terms of passing and size

His decision making is the issue but he improved on that yesterday. Hes not scared to get hit or stay in the pocket (gabbert) but that was already known.

He has toughness, arm strength and intelligence

Field awareness has improved since his first start

Questions still exist big time in his decision making and accuracy
    68% over the last three games, unless we're going to weigh heavily on being thrown into the fire and his first start (on the road against a red hot team).

Mistakes here and there, but he's had 4 starts...unless youre RGIII it happens to everyone. How about Luck? 55% with 23 turnovers. He's great, dont get me wrong..and I like Luck, but even he has mistakes.
    Last edited by YEDN90; 12-10-2012 at 01:57 PM.

vCash
    Nothing to do with the win. Everything to do with the effort
    ...its one game
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    I still question Foles arm strength, i'd like to see more zip on some of his out route type passes. There were more than one occasion yesterday where he seemed to guide a ball, rather than throw it to the receiver causing the pass to be broken up easily.

That is one thing I don't question.The kid has a rocket for an arm.The throw he made right at the TB defender would probably have been intercepted if it wasn't for the velocity.There were several times I could hear the smack of the ball as receivers were catching it.Knowing when to throw it like a rocket and when to make a touch pass is the key imo.Also having deep ball accuracy to go with the rocket arm is a question mark.There were at least 2 deep throws that were way beyond the reach of the wr.

He has a ton of potential imo,all i can hope is he keeps working on his game,striving to be the best.I believe he will,he seems to have a little bit of the Manning perfectionist attitude in him.

vCash
    for everyone putting the losses on Vick and not Andy and Marty bad play calling
    look at what the Ravens did.
    that's the kind of GM i like, address the right source of the problem and make a move no matter what time of year it is.
    there is no excuse for a player like ray rice (McCoy) to not get 20+ carries a game.
    hope other teams with dynamic RBs (Eagles) are taking notes.
    but this is what happens when you have a GM that played and understands the game, good decision to get rid of the OC even if the replacement don't do better you have send a strong message.
    DO YOUR JOB!
    Eagles offseason:
    Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    Sign/draft Outside LB
    Sign/draft Inside LB (Ryans Replacement)
    evulate/Sign/draft QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    68% over the last three games, unless we're going to weigh heavily on being thrown into the fire and his first start (on the road against a red hot team).

Mistakes here and there, but he's had 4 starts...unless youre RGIII it happens to everyone. How about Luck? 55% with 23 turnovers. He's great, dont get me wrong..and I like Luck, but even he has mistakes.
    Completion percentage isn't anywhere near the tell all for accuracy

Luck has an average oline, below average WRs outside of Wayne, average TEs, no running game whatsoever, nodefense

And he's taking his team to the playoffs. Luck is also making throws that like 3-4 qbs in nfl history could make. Physically there isn't anyone like him other tjam newton

But that's another subject. Foles accuracy has improved. It's still not anywhere near consistent. Completion percentage takes into account 1 thing. Completions vs incompletions. Therefore its a poor judge of throwing accuracy. If you just throw bubbles, drags and curls all game but move nowhere you'll look accurate but your not necessarily.

vCash

Arm strength is the one thing Foles could always hang his hat on as a prospect. There is no question about his arm strength, accuracy however is a legit issue.
    SPACE

vCash
    Completion percentage isn't anywhere near the tell all for accuracy

Luck has an average oline, below average WRs outside of Wayne, average TEs, no running game whatsoever, nodefense

And he's taking his team to the playoffs. Luck is also making throws that like 3-4 qbs in nfl history could make. Physically there isn't anyone like him other tjam newton

But that's another subject. Foles accuracy has improved. It's still not anywhere near consistent. Completion percentage takes into account 1 thing. Completions vs incompletions. Therefore its a poor judge of throwing accuracy. If you just throw bubbles, drags and curls all game but move nowhere you'll look accurate but your not necessarily.
    We have no OLine, solid WRs (Though Wayne is better than anyone we have) average TEs and no defense. We're in a slightly better position, but lets not act like Foles is in the best position to succeed either.

Point was that even Luck, who everyone seems to be overly in love with, makes mistakes too.

vCash
    This might have been brought up, but Foles put together that masterpiece against the worst pass defense in the NFL, so lets put it into perspective.

If it was Kolb in this situation all we would have heard of was how he beat a terrible defense
    SPACE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    This might have been brought up, but Foles put together that masterpiece against the worst pass defense in the NFL, so lets put it into perspective.

If it was Kolb in this situation all we would have heard of was how he beat a terrible defense
    To be fair, i already said that.

BUT, I'm willing to reserve further judgement.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast