Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: So, whatcha think is gonna happen?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eagles win - Dream Team!

5 29.41%
  • Eagles lose - Dynasty!

8 47.06%
  • Eagles tie - I miss 5!

4 23.53%
  • Who Cares?

0 0%
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Some things to note:

Vick was ****ing awesome in the 4th.

Maclin destroys a DB on that Celek TD.

Cooper actually DID something.

We got pressure and a sack from our defense on a critical 3rd down.

Jackson SHOULD be our primary return guy.

I miss winning.
    So aside from Cooper, basically everything from then until now has changed. And we wonder why this uber-talented team is struggling so bad.
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=45999&dateline=133521  2357

vCash
    Keep Reid. Simple as that.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    Keep Reid. Simple as that.
    I agree with keeping Reid as long as Foles is here cause i think they can be great together. Vick has to go plain and simple. You my friend need to quit acting like he is even any good cause he is not. Also i think we need to get rid of Maclin or Jackson. One of the have to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts13 View Post
    I agree with keeping Reid as long as Foles is here cause i think they can be great together. Vick has to go plain and simple. You my friend need to quit acting like he is even any good cause he is not. Also i think we need to get rid of Maclin or Jackson. One of the have to go.
    I mean....Vick wasn't bad. He was pretty good. In fact, I still think Vick's a very decent QB, and slightly above the average NFL starting QB. We like to blame him a lot more than he deserved.

I agree he has to go. But I don't agree with this idea that he's still not good. He's just not great.
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    I'm really cooling on Jackson. I think Maclin has the speed to be a deep-threat (not as well as Jackson), but he also has good hands to be a possession guy.

I'd pee a little if we signed Dwayne Bowe, re-signed Maclin, and traded Jackson for a good draft pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts13 View Post
    You are right, Vick isn't any good, at all. I mean, he flat out sucks, right?

Let's forget the 3 game winning drives to start the season (yes he was careless with the ball and put the team in holes, but he was still good enough to get us out of them). Let's forget the defense blew several leads resulting in losses. Let's forget that he played behind the worst make shift OL in the league for most of the year. Let's forget he got up everytime he got hit due to terrible protection. Let's forget he never quit, like some on this team did.

Is he great, no. Is he good enough to win, yes. Did he perform like a 100 million dollar QB, not entirely.

If you think that Vick isn't good then you are sadly mistaken. Does he need to go, probably. Will he be successful elsewhere, yes.
    Last edited by BDawk4Prez; 12-10-2012 at 11:40 AM.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    I'm really cooling on Jackson. I think Maclin has the speed to be a deep-threat (not as well as Jackson), but he also has good hands to be a possession guy.

I'd pee a little if we signed Dwayne Bowe, re-signed Maclin, and traded Jackson for a good draft pick.
    I'm fine keeping Jackson, as long as we use him in the return game more, and get away from the idea that he is a #1 WR type.

vCash
    I love that we get 1 win and go to 4-9 and people are saying keep Reid.
    He is a good coach and all, but we need a change and he has done nothing in the last 8 years to justify keeping his position. We have been very average and have zero Super Bowl Appearances. He might be our greatest coach of all time because of his 1st few years here, but any coach would be fired for the last 8 years.

2005: 6-10
    2006: 10-6
    2007: 8-8
    2008: 9-6-1
    2009: 11-5
    2010: 10-6
    2011: 8-8
    2012: 4-9

vCash
    There are lots of coaches who haven't been to the SB in the last 8 years.

vCash
    Yup, I agree if we are sticking with Foles, then we might need Reid.

Vick is not horrible, but he is far from Elite, he is ok and we need more than ok.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    To be honest, tired of arguing about Vick.

vCash
    At some point, mediocrity has to be considered failure. Or are you content with simply watching the Eagles win 8-10 games and losing in the first round year after year?

vCash
    I understand that, but how many of them have been with the same team for those 8 years. Marvin Lewis who should have been fired to by now. He is a good coach, but we need something different and I am not saying get Norv Turner or anything crazy. Andy is stubborn with his management, play calling, and is not the best drafter. It is just time to go with someone different. Average just isn't good enough year in and year out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    At some point, mediocrity has to be considered failure. Or are you content with simply watching the Eagles win 8-10 games and losing in the first round year after year?
    Too much blame on the coach, not enough on the players, IMO.

Get me to the playoffs consistently, which Reid has done, and I'll take my chances.

vCash
    DRC had a good game against the bucs ... which was nice to see given where we are in the season and how bad he has played lately.

We finally seem to have a QB who can read above a 4th grade reading level ...

Andy still needs to be fired for thinking that he could win with having a QB who isn't smart enough to run the offense ... as well as mismanaging the Jim Johnson transition from Day 1 ... sadly, all the events from that day has led to this terrible defense

at this point, why wouldn't we keep Vick for the insurance and have him be a gadget player like he is ... this team is in complete transition ... might as well have something for the fans to see

don't defend vick in terms of being a 'good to great' quarterback ... he is an amazing entertainer and plays with more heart than i've seen on a football field but ... he is average ... between 12th and 20th in the league on a given night depending on how bad the opposing defense is ... is that what we want?

i think what i'm saying is a fair assessment ... he'd be one of the top picks in a playground football setting ... but he is just an average QB because he can't adjust or read defenses/the blitz except when he escapes, the play then breaks down and it allows the magic to happen (as you referenced above in his 3 wins earlier this season, however, we should have lost the Cleveland Browns game because of him too ... but i digress)

sadly, there are already two 'michael vicks' that are better than michael vick ever was in Cam Newton and RGIII

he changed the idea of what the QB can be, and he still has value as a potential gadget player and fantastic option 2 should Foles get hurt ... but he never was going to win a superbowl in philly from Day 1 upon honest reflection ... that was all smoke and mirrors by the organization while they were rebuilding ... they have a good sales team it seems

leading me to my last point ... when #5 was traded and we had that huge roster turnover, i'm shocked that i let myself believe we had a chance at the superbowl ... if you go back and tell yourself that the team was in full-out rebuild mode since 2009 ... what we have right now is just about on par for a rebuilding franchise ... just ask buffalo or dallas how long that takes ... we should temper our expectations a little bit

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast