Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: So, whatcha think is gonna happen?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eagles win - Dream Team!

5 29.41%
  • Eagles lose - Dynasty!

8 47.06%
  • Eagles tie - I miss 5!

4 23.53%
  • Who Cares?

0 0%
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    This might have been brought up, but Foles put together that masterpiece against the worst pass defense in the NFL, so lets put it into perspective.

If it was Kolb in this situation all we would have heard of was how he beat a terrible defense
    To be fair to Foles he also did it to a defense who knew we were throwing literally 100% of the time in the second half...outside of Foles our offense accounted for 6 yards...yes 6 yards...think about that.

Also I wanted to point out how good of a game Colt Anderson had, I know hes now a starting playing but he was fantastic in the run game and wasnt a liability in the air, just good to see much a high motor player do well for us.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    ...its one game
    If we're talking about total effort, the Eagles have played very hard all season. They played tough against Carolina and Dallas the second time. Not their fault they suck as players, but the effort is there. So if you're trying to call out Reid for being fired because it was only "one game", I think you're just looking for an excuse. Team's played hard just about every second of every game this year.

If you're talking about Foles' effort, I think we all understand it's one game. But it's also one game we didn't have on Saturday to hang a hat on. Sunday was marked improvement for Nick Foles in many categories. Granted, they come with the caveat of "worst NFL passing defense" and "it's only one game" but there are a lot of NFL Qb's, who, despite the Bucs being the worst NFL secondary, couldn't have lead that comeback / couldn't have put up respectable numbers and that's the important thing.

I was one of Foles hardest critics going into this week. I still am. But that game against Tampa Bay showed Foles has something in him to lead. That's a flash. Now, he's got to build on it, not fall back a level, not stay stagnant, to maintain that flash, but it was a necessary flash to get him to be the starter next year.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    If we're talking about total effort, the Eagles have played very hard all season. They played tough against Carolina and Dallas the second time. Not their fault they suck as players, but the effort is there. So if you're trying to call out Reid for being fired because it was only "one game", I think you're just looking for an excuse. Team's played hard just about every second of every game this year.

If you're talking about Foles' effort, I think we all understand it's one game. But it's also one game we didn't have on Saturday to hang a hat on. Sunday was marked improvement for Nick Foles in many categories. Granted, they come with the caveat of "worst NFL passing defense" and "it's only one game" but there are a lot of NFL Qb's, who, despite the Bucs being the worst NFL secondary, couldn't have lead that comeback / couldn't have put up respectable numbers and that's the important thing.

I was one of Foles hardest critics going into this week. I still am. But that game against Tampa Bay showed Foles has something in him to lead. That's a flash. Now, he's got to build on it, not fall back a level, not stay stagnant, to maintain that flash, but it was a necessary flash to get him to be the starter next year.
    Obviously Im not talking about Foles. Just look at my post above yours.

The bolded statements are just rediculous. Teams that play hard dont lose eight straight games!!!!!! How many times did you see Dez Bryant and Miles Austin coast into the endzone because our secondary gave up on tackling them...and its just not that game, their has be a lack of will the entire season. This does not include all the of players, there are many that do play hard every snap but to say the entire team has is laughable. Numerous analysts have called out this team for lack of effort.

And looking for an excuse to fire Reid??? Are you serious????? Losing eight straight, losing the team at one point, and being mediocre for many recent years and I need an excuse???

I cant even believe you or anyone could possibly want to keep Reid. Have fun with 8-8 teams
    Last edited by Synyster89; 12-11-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627