Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by majmarcus View Post
    Lakers need to get this guy. Since he is seeking more playing time and we don't have ish behind Metta. Acquiring DW is a no brainer. EBanks, Blake or Duhon for DW. Trade Gasol arse for Ryan Anderson & we're good.

Now I know Minn won't go for that one but still dammit
    Lol you must be kidding, Minny isn't going to trade a 2nd round pick after one season for LA's garbage... and I doubt New Orleans want's to trade a younger, just as productive PF for an older overpaid one.. Keep dreaming.

vCash
    My dreams are all I have buddy. But the real part about I said is THE LAKERS NEED TO TRY TO GET THE YOUNG FELLA!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    Lakers get:

Gallanari (from Denver)
    Mullens (from Bobcats) 12 pts, 8 rebounds stretch PF/C
    Diop (7 million expiring)

give up: Gasol, Sacre, Odom
    Why? They now have a great bench and floor spacing. Tons of shooting but still a good rebounding team.

Minnesota gets:

Gasol
    Sacre
    Odom

give up: Williams, Barea, Pekovic, 2 first round picks
    Why? To get Gasol to pair with Love without really losing key players.

Bobcats get:

Pekovic (improvement at Center position..to help build around)
    Brandon Roy (injured, they have take and eat his 2 year deal of 5 mil per)
    2 Minnesota first round picks
    Denver first round pick

give up: Mullens, Diop, 1st round pick
    Why? Pekovic gives them a center that is legitimate and should flourish. They get 3 first round picks to use instead of the 1...in a draft that is not supposed to be top heavy.

Denver gets:

Derrick Williams
    Barea
    Bobcats first round pick

give up: Gallanari, 1st round pick

They get the Bobcats top pick plus two players who should do well in their system.

Pekovic, Roy, and 3 1sts for diop and mullens... seems legit.

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders.
    Fok Jelle Naiers

They`re = contraction of they are
    There = used to describe location
    Their = pronoun used to describe belonging
    Should've = contraction of should have
    Should of = makes no sense at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    I appreciate the Wolves' fans take. Keep in mind the Lakers front office (according to reports) has already said No to Williams/Pekovic. My reason for including both was:

1) I feel like Minnesota will be a playoff team and really start winning games at a consistent pace with Gasol, Love back, Rubio back, and Buddinger back. So the picks will not be "huge" picks.
    Nonetheless, we had a GM who shelled out picks like candy and that screwed us for years. Not to mention that the Lakers and Denver managed to give up distant lottery-protected picks for an elite player in Howard and Gasol is no D12.

2) Gasol really seems like a perfect fit for them. An unselfish post player to help initiate offense that has played with Rubio before.
    He would be nice, but Pek is no slouch and I just don't think Gasol makes the team worlds better.

3) Keeps Love happy...which is the major thing.
    Love's locked up for a couple more years and he already has a roster to compete. If he's not happy, he can go kick rocks.

4) Gasol's large contract comes off the books in 2 years and it can be re-negotiated for much less (not many quality players will make less over time) or it will become a large expiring that Minnesota can use.
    Who knows what you're really getting though? He's a better player than what he's currently producing, but he also is regressing with age. I'd rather use assets/cap on a quality wing without an injury history (alluding to Roy & AK).

5) Gasol is not old. 32. There is no reason he cannot play for 5-6 years at a relatively high level.
    He's also a skilled 7 footer which bodes well for aging, but he's going to regress (whereas Pek will improve) and there are no guarantees as far as him re-signing for cheap.

6) He has championship experience...which should be very important for a team like Minnesota.
    So does Adam Morrison

Anyway, I understand if you disagree. You watch the team more than me I am sure.

As far as the comment that everyone gets worse. I'm not sure what that means? Gets worse now or in the future? If its now...then how do the Bobcats get worse getting Pekovic for Mullens?
    I don't really see how any of these teams get what they want for where they are. Yes, Pek is a good player but do you want to have to re-sign him if you're Charlotte or would you rather keep your high pick? Denver isn't looking to re-build. LA isn't robbing anyone here so they won't go for it (even though Gallinari is a nice player and plays some 4) and Minnesota has no reason to give up a #2 pick in his sophomore year, a productive center, a nice backup PG and 2 future firsts to make a slight upgrade at a position they don't have an obvious need.

Not trying to be rude either, I just thought it was ludicrous what you proposed the Wolves give up.

vCash
    Why would anyone trade for this scrub

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    SMH, minny fans coming up with 3-4 team trades all for Derrick Williams.

No one is going through that kind of trouble for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post

Which Minny fans? I'm the only one in here and haven't proposed any trades (which would realistically involve 3 teams max).
    Last edited by topdog; 12-07-2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: () for clarification

vCash
    I haven't seen one trade proposed in this thread by a minny fan...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusWears24 View Post
    Derrick Williams is a scrub. Even with Rubio the T Wolves are going nowhere
    Well alright..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Why would anyone trade for this scrub
    Don't be that guy. He's averaging 9pts. 5rebs. and nearly a block a game with a PER of 14.1 (compare that to the other members of his draft class). Yes, he's only shooting 39% but he's shooting 38% from 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Redick for Williams. Let's get it did.
    pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!
    You know you want Jimmer Fredettte

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Nonetheless, we had a GM who shelled out picks like candy and that screwed us for years. Not to mention that the Lakers and Denver managed to give up distant lottery-protected picks for an elite player in Howard and Gasol is no D12.

He would be nice, but Pek is no slouch and I just don't think Gasol makes the team worlds better.

Love's locked up for a couple more years and he already has a roster to compete. If he's not happy, he can go kick rocks.

Who knows what you're really getting though? He's a better player than what he's currently producing, but he also is regressing with age. I'd rather use assets/cap on a quality wing without an injury history (alluding to Roy & AK).

He's also a skilled 7 footer which bodes well for aging, but he's going to regress (whereas Pek will improve) and there are no guarantees as far as him re-signing for cheap.

So does Adam Morrison

I don't really see how any of these teams get what they want for where they are. Yes, Pek is a good player but do you want to have to re-sign him if you're Charlotte or would you rather keep your high pick? Denver isn't looking to re-build. LA isn't robbing anyone here so they won't go for it (even though Gallinari is a nice player and plays some 4) and Minnesota has no reason to give up a #2 pick in his sophomore year, a productive center, a nice backup PG and 2 future firsts to make a slight upgrade at a position they don't have an obvious need.

Not trying to be rude either, I just thought it was ludicrous what you proposed the Wolves give up.
    Ludicrous? And you said Lol as well. I just think you're a fan of your team. Williams DNP last night, Barea will get dnps when Rubio comes back, and Pekovic 4 pts last night. Gasol was still 17-10 last season playing alongside another post player in Bynum. He would be the #1 post option in Minnesota.

I think you're wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post

what is your problem with Minnesota fans? You seem to bash them every chance you get..

I am sorry all 14 of us annoy you. Thank god the 1587 Knicks fans here are so easy to get along with

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    You know you want Jimmer Fredettte
    gross

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast