Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Well... it's nice to hear the team hasn't given up on him... but at the same time, I understand D-Will 2.0's concern. He is a young player, he's playing behind the best PF in the game, he has a short time to prove himself and earn a good contract when his rookie contract runs out, and he wants a chance to see how his game develops.

Hopefully the two sides can work out something that will be mutually benificial for them.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Lakers get:

Gallanari (from Denver)
    Mullens (from Bobcats) 12 pts, 8 rebounds stretch PF/C
    Diop (7 million expiring)

give up: Gasol, Sacre, Odom
    Why? They now have a great bench and floor spacing. Tons of shooting but still a good rebounding team.

Minnesota gets:

Gasol
    Sacre
    Odom

give up: Williams, Barea, Pekovic, 2 first round picks
    Why? To get Gasol to pair with Love without really losing key players.

Bobcats get:

Pekovic (improvement at Center position..to help build around)
    Brandon Roy (injured, they have take and eat his 2 year deal of 5 mil per)
    2 Minnesota first round picks
    Denver first round pick

give up: Mullens, Diop, 1st round pick
    Why? Pekovic gives them a center that is legitimate and should flourish. They get 3 first round picks to use instead of the 1...in a draft that is not supposed to be top heavy.

Denver gets:

Derrick Williams
    Barea
    Bobcats first round pick

give up: Gallanari, 1st round pick

They get the Bobcats top pick plus two players who should do well in their system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    I thought they had a good offer for Gasol...
    Pekovic doesn't make sense with the Lakers. Not sure Williams does either.

mamba24 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    Pekovic doesn't make sense with the Lakers. Not sure Williams does either.
    Williams does make sense with the Lakers. They need an athletic guy like him for sure. You're right about Pek tho. THere would need to be a 3rd team in play where he could go that would maybe give the Lakers a pure shooter that they need... Maybe send Pek to Atlanta and Korver to LA

Lakers get:

D-Will
    Korver

Minny gets:

Pau

Atlanta gets:

Pek

vCash
    Derrick Williams is a scrub. Even with Rubio the T Wolves are going nowhere

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mamba24 View Post
    Williams does make sense with the Lakers. They need an athletic guy like him for sure. You're right about Pek tho. THere would need to be a 3rd team in play where he could go that would maybe give the Lakers a pure shooter that they need... Maybe send Pek to Atlanta and Korver to LA

Lakers get:

D-Will
    Korver

Minny gets:

Pau

Atlanta gets:

Pek

vCash
    doesnt Odom play for the Clips?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mamba24 View Post

Lakers get:

D-Will
    Korver

Minny gets:

Pau

Atlanta gets:

Pek

We give up Korver for Pek? Only Korver?

Wolves get screwed in this trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    Lakers get:

Gallanari (from Denver)
    Mullens (from Bobcats) 12 pts, 8 rebounds stretch PF/C
    Diop (7 million expiring)

give up: Gasol, Sacre, Odom
    Why? They now have a great bench and floor spacing. Tons of shooting but still a good rebounding team.

Minnesota gets:

Gasol
    Sacre
    Odom

give up: Williams, Barea, Pekovic, 2 first round picks
    Why? To get Gasol to pair with Love without really losing key players.

Bobcats get:

Pekovic (improvement at Center position..to help build around)
    Brandon Roy (injured, they have take and eat his 2 year deal of 5 mil per)
    2 Minnesota first round picks
    Denver first round pick

give up: Mullens, Diop, 1st round pick
    Why? Pekovic gives them a center that is legitimate and should flourish. They get 3 first round picks to use instead of the 1...in a draft that is not supposed to be top heavy.

Denver gets:

Derrick Williams
    Barea
    Bobcats first round pick

give up: Gallanari, 1st round pick

They get the Bobcats top pick plus two players who should do well in their system.
    Great joke! Many Wolves fans think including Pek is too much and you want to add on picks as well? Also, with all this movement, I feel like you have made all four teams worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahH View Post
    Trade Lawson, draft Flynn over Curry. That's just BAD LUCK Minnesota isnt it!! haha
    Curry who was slight and people were worried about his ankles? Yeah, those concerns are gone, right?

I thought at the time that Flynn was a terrible pick, but people tend to forget that Kahn got the job about a month before the draft and had 4 first round picks to make in a "weak" draft. By no means is Kahn good at drafting. Wolves fans know that much.

But, there was some bad luck involved as well as that bad timing. For instance, the Wolves traded the pick they got for Lawson for Martell Webster only Portland didn't disclose that he had a bad back. The Wolves finally get a #2 pick for the 1st time in franchise history only for Barnes, Sullinger, Jones and the band staying in school because of the lockout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aussieNOHfan View Post
    doesnt Odom play for the Clips?
    I did a double take too. Assuming he means Darius Johnson-Odom.

I can't imagine Minny parting with 2 first round picks for Pau.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Great joke! Many Wolves fans think including Pek is too much and you want to add on picks as well? Also, with all this movement, I feel like you have made all four teams worse.
    I appreciate the Wolves' fans take. Keep in mind the Lakers front office (according to reports) has already said No to Williams/Pekovic. My reason for including both was:

1) I feel like Minnesota will be a playoff team and really start winning games at a consistent pace with Gasol, Love back, Rubio back, and Buddinger back. So the picks will not be "huge" picks.

2) Gasol really seems like a perfect fit for them. An unselfish post player to help initiate offense that has played with Rubio before.

3) Keeps Love happy...which is the major thing.

4) Gasol's large contract comes off the books in 2 years and it can be re-negotiated for much less (not many quality players will make less over time) or it will become a large expiring that Minnesota can use.

5) Gasol is not old. 32. There is no reason he cannot play for 5-6 years at a relatively high level.

6) He has championship experience...which should be very important for a team like Minnesota.

Anyway, I understand if you disagree. You watch the team more than me I am sure.

As far as the comment that everyone gets worse. I'm not sure what that means? Gets worse now or in the future? If its now...then how do the Bobcats get worse getting Pekovic for Mullens?

vCash
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    for sure, on both statements. Williams simply isn't a SF, and will never find time on the roster at PF with Love there. I mean, you were so inconsistent last year Derrick, we signed AK for $10/year.

Either play better, or yes, you are gonzo. With Rubio, he does play better, because he gets set plays for lobs, and easy shots at the rim.
    It's pretty rare for a rookie to be consistent for a whole season... Seems a bit unfair to ask that of him, but yes the ideal situation is for him to be dealt to another team for some veteran leadership and a more consistent player at maybe the 2? I think they should look at Orlando for maybe a swap with Afflalo, to give them some more young talent, or maybe to the Suns since they have SF/PF issues. Seems like those are two teams that would be interested in getting younger.

Haven't seen him play, but if it's true he can't play SF, he's going to have trouble in this league being 6'7 (I think)

vCash
    Lakers need to get this guy. Since he is seeking more playing time and we don't have ish behind Metta. Acquiring DW is a no brainer. EBanks, Blake or Duhon for DW. Trade Gasol arse for Ryan Anderson & we're good.

Now I know Minn won't go for that one but still dammit

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast