Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    It's pretty rare for a rookie to be consistent for a whole season... Seems a bit unfair to ask that of him, but yes the ideal situation is for him to be dealt to another team for some veteran leadership and a more consistent player at maybe the 2? I think they should look at Orlando for maybe a swap with Afflalo, to give them some more young talent, or maybe to the Suns since they have SF/PF issues. Seems like those are two teams that would be interested in getting younger.

Haven't seen him play, but if it's true he can't play SF, he's going to have trouble in this league being 6'7 (I think)
    at least play with consistent effort. That is all you can ask of a young player.

I think the team you are looking at is right, but Reddick is the guy they should target. Orlando doesn't want to pay him to stick around a rebuilding project, and he would fit perfect in Adelman's corner offense with Rubio.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Prince and Maxiell for Williams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    Prince and Maxiell for Williams
    no way on Prince's deal. Why on earth did you guys re-sign him for so long?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    no way on Prince's deal. Why on earth did you guys re-sign him for so long?
    Joe Dumars tends to overvalue his players and doesnt want to let go and now Prince is taking up 33 mpg on a roster that should be developing young guys more.

vCash
    Marshon Brooks for Derrick Williams

[B]Welcome to the New Age....[/B]

vCash
    derozan and keliza for williams and ridnour plus a first

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Another very appealing proposal for the Wolves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    that might be a win-win for both teams. Both are behind guys they just won't get a ton of time on the court because of, and both teams have a need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    Joe Dumars tends to overvalue his players and doesnt want to let go and now Prince is taking up 33 mpg on a roster that should be developing young guys more.
    Agreed. I was surprised not by the signing, but the length of guaranteed money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    Ludicrous? And you said Lol as well. I just think you're a fan of your team. Williams DNP last night, Barea will get dnps when Rubio comes back, and Pekovic 4 pts last night. Gasol was still 17-10 last season playing alongside another post player in Bynum. He would be the #1 post option in Minnesota.

I think you're wrong.
    I am a fan of my team, but I also have seen what Rubio does for these players.

Williams may have gotten a DNP but that doesn't mean he doesn't have value on potential or in his more limited role where his PER has risen to 14.1 and his 3pt shooting is up to 38%.

Barea actually is likely the backup when Rubio comes back with Ridnour seeming to be the odd-man-out unless Rick Adelman does something strange.

Pek had an off night last night. He's not Gasol, but he is a handful for other defenses, makes free throws and got amazing post position with Rubio out there last year.

I like Gasol, but it doesn't make sense to give up a good center and a bunch of young pieces for a guy who is past his prime and who will command $40M over the next 2 years while we really need better (or healthy) wing play.
    United We Run

vCash
    can dwilliams play sf?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    can dwilliams play sf?
    he can, but long term, he will end up a PF. As he ages basically.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15;24636415[B
    ]at least play with consistent effort.[/B] That is all you can ask of a young player.

I think the team you are looking at is right, but Reddick is the guy they should target. Orlando doesn't want to pay him to stick around a rebuilding project, and he would fit perfect in Adelman's corner offense with Rubio.
    It's hard when you never know when you're going to be called on, especially as the #2 pick in the draft.. Obviously that's partially his fault, but than again, last year the games were so close because of the lockout, I can only imagine it was twice as hard on rookies that year than any other year. Of course these are lots of excuses for a player who should of probably played better, but hey, I still give him the benefit of the doubt to develop into a decent NBA player, but his size and skill set is the worst kind of tweener IMO.. Hopefully they can get something for him, I always thought he'd have a hard time adjusting.

also as you can see I kind of sway on my opinion on him, because I doubt he's going to ever be a legit starter, but I don't want to say that considering his age lol.

vCash
    id love if the Raps nabbed him up, id trade Ross for him. People say he cant play the 3 though and that's what we need....
    Twitter me PSDers I follow back @Electrro

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spreadeagle View Post
    id love if the Raps nabbed him up, id trade Ross for him. People say he cant play the 3 though and that's what we need....
    I'd do that trade as a Wolves fan. We debate whether he can play the 3 in the Wolves forum. I think he can do a decent job and he got some run at it in pre-season. I don't think I'm out of line in paraphrasing Hawkeye as saying that D-Dub can get away with playing the 3 for a few years, but eventually will slow and will be stuck at the 4.

Personally, I think Williams can be a much better player somewhere else where he has more opportunities and I would like the Wolves to find a young SG to grow with our core.
    United We Run

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast