Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Derrick Williams' Agent Inquires About Trade Possibility

Derrick Williams' agent, Rob Pelinka, has not formally requested a trade for his client, but he has asked the Minnesota Timberwovles about the possibility of parting ways due to lack of playing time, according to a team source.

The Timberwolves, however, let Pelinka know that they will first wait to see how Williams and Ricky Rubio mesh on the court once Rubio returns from a torn ACL.

"We told him to wait for our team to come together," the source said. "Wait for Derrick to play with Ricky (Rubio). When they played together last year, Williams benefited greatly."

Williams, the No. 2 pick in 2011 NBA Draft, is averaging nine points in just 19.9 minutes per game this season, when he has sat three times because of coach Rick Adelman's decision.

It is most likely that Rubio will return for a home game on Dec. 15 against the Dallas Mavericks.
    http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/T...ut_trade120712

vCash
    Lala

vCash
    Yea nobody saw this one coming. But they were right about his performance with Rubio, it still tells us something about him.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Yea nobody saw this one coming. But they were right about his performance with Rubio, it still tells us something about him.
    for sure, on both statements. Williams simply isn't a SF, and will never find time on the roster at PF with Love there. I mean, you were so inconsistent last year Derrick, we signed AK for $10/year.

Either play better, or yes, you are gonzo. With Rubio, he does play better, because he gets set plays for lobs, and easy shots at the rim.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    for sure, on both statements. Williams simply isn't a SF, and will never find time on the roster at PF with Love there. I mean, you were so inconsistent last year Derrick, we signed AK for $10/year.

Either play better, or yes, you are gonzo. With Rubio, he does play better, because he gets set plays for lobs, and easy shots at the rim.
    It's pretty rare for a rookie to be consistent for a whole season... Seems a bit unfair to ask that of him, but yes the ideal situation is for him to be dealt to another team for some veteran leadership and a more consistent player at maybe the 2? I think they should look at Orlando for maybe a swap with Afflalo, to give them some more young talent, or maybe to the Suns since they have SF/PF issues. Seems like those are two teams that would be interested in getting younger.

Haven't seen him play, but if it's true he can't play SF, he's going to have trouble in this league being 6'7 (I think)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    It's pretty rare for a rookie to be consistent for a whole season... Seems a bit unfair to ask that of him, but yes the ideal situation is for him to be dealt to another team for some veteran leadership and a more consistent player at maybe the 2? I think they should look at Orlando for maybe a swap with Afflalo, to give them some more young talent, or maybe to the Suns since they have SF/PF issues. Seems like those are two teams that would be interested in getting younger.

Haven't seen him play, but if it's true he can't play SF, he's going to have trouble in this league being 6'7 (I think)
    at least play with consistent effort. That is all you can ask of a young player.

I think the team you are looking at is right, but Reddick is the guy they should target. Orlando doesn't want to pay him to stick around a rebuilding project, and he would fit perfect in Adelman's corner offense with Rubio.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15;24636415[B
    ]at least play with consistent effort.[/B] That is all you can ask of a young player.

I think the team you are looking at is right, but Reddick is the guy they should target. Orlando doesn't want to pay him to stick around a rebuilding project, and he would fit perfect in Adelman's corner offense with Rubio.
    It's hard when you never know when you're going to be called on, especially as the #2 pick in the draft.. Obviously that's partially his fault, but than again, last year the games were so close because of the lockout, I can only imagine it was twice as hard on rookies that year than any other year. Of course these are lots of excuses for a player who should of probably played better, but hey, I still give him the benefit of the doubt to develop into a decent NBA player, but his size and skill set is the worst kind of tweener IMO.. Hopefully they can get something for him, I always thought he'd have a hard time adjusting.

also as you can see I kind of sway on my opinion on him, because I doubt he's going to ever be a legit starter, but I don't want to say that considering his age lol.

vCash
    To Lakers - Bargnani
    To Raptors - Williams
    To Timberwolves - Gasol

Add more pieces. Get it done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    To Lakers - Bargnani
    To Raptors - Williams
    To Timberwolves - Gasol

IDK if the Wolves have the pieces to make cap space for Gasol
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    Jimmer still being BLACK BALLED by the illuminati/homeboys...
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    If Jimmer were to be given free reign offensively, the team would basically quit on the organization out of jealousy and envy. The white man is the minority in this game and the black players will be damned if the white man shows him up at his own game. Similar situation happening with Kevin Love, the team has to surround him with foreigners and whites because black players won't succumb to the greatness that is Kevin Love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    To Lakers - Bargnani
    To Raptors - Williams
    To Timberwolves - Gasol

Pek is a good piece and the wolves are willing to go over the cap to make this happen.

vCash
    Redick for Williams. Let's get it did.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Redick for Williams. Let's get it did.
    pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!
    You know you want Jimmer Fredettte

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    You know you want Jimmer Fredettte
    gross

vCash
    Just to think of all the trades they turned down to draft him with that 2nd spot

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast