Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Mauer and Morneau Available?

Just heard that the Twins will listen to offers for both of them.

What would your team give up for either one?
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimisticNot View Post
    Idk how much they signed him for, but try this amazing website: www.google.com

vCash
    doesn't Mauer have a full no trade? I'd assume it would take 12 top prospects and him wanting to leave for it to happen.

vCash
    Trout for Mauer?

lolnojk.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Joe Mauer to rangers for Martin Perez, Derek Holland, and Jorge Alfaro

i think the rangers will sign Zack Greinke so that means they can trade Derek Holland and they also get two of the rangers top 5 prospects in Perez and Alfaro

vCash
    The Red Sox said they would eat Mauer's entire contract and the Twins said no. It was reported by Peter Gammons a few days ago. Hard to imagine them shopping Mauer. Morneau it makes sense for them to deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    The Red Sox said they would eat Mauer's entire contract and the Twins said no. It was reported by Peter Gammons a few days ago. Hard to imagine them shopping Mauer.
    Were the Red Sox offering anything in return or just willing to pay the player they'd be trading for?

vCash
    The Jays need to take a chance on Morneau - as our starting 1B next season (as of right now) will be the ****ing turd Adam Lind.

I can see a deal where the Twins take on Lind along with a couple of low-end prospects for Morneau.

#WeTheNorth - RAPTORS' 2014 PLAYOFFS!

vCash
    I would like to see Morneau/Doumit to the Yankees............................

EDIT: Morneau would be our perm. DH obviously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryred View Post
    Joe Mauer to rangers for Martin Perez, Derek Holland, and Jorge Alfaro

i think the rangers will sign Zack Greinke so that means they can trade Derek Holland and they also get two of the rangers top 5 prospects in Perez and Alfaro
    You want to pay $23 million each of the next 6 years to a C who'll be 35 by the end of his contract, and who threw out 14% of baserunners last year? He's going to have to move to 1B full-time eventually, and he doesn't have prototypical power for the spot. His bat is a lot more valuable at C than 1B, but he doesn't have many years left in terms of being a full-time C. $23 mil for a 1B'man or DH who doesn't hit for power is a little odd.

vCash
    as much i would like seeing mauer in pinstripes i dont think it would happen

vCash
    Just because teams try to open discussion with another team about a player doesn't mean that team is shopping that player............the Twins get contacted about Mauer multiple times a year...he's not going anywhere

Morneau, yes, they've let teams know could be available...the question with Justin is whether teams view him as returning to old form or not
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rangersfan View Post
    You want to pay $23 million each of the next 6 years to a C who'll be 35 by the end of his contract, and who threw out 14% of baserunners last year? He's going to have to move to 1B full-time eventually, and he doesn't have prototypical power for the spot. His bat is a lot more valuable at C than 1B, but he doesn't have many years left in terms of being a full-time C. $23 mil for a 1B'man or DH who doesn't hit for power is a little odd.
    I don't think you have a true understanding of Mauer's value. He could literally play any position they decide to try him and be well above average while still hitting over 300. His power numbers only appear to be down because of his one big year...which was the last year in the dome. Target is a much bigger park to hit in. You also can't just say he threw out only 14% of baserunners and make it stick, because runners steal as much or more on pitchers as catchers....and the Twins' rotation was horrid last year.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    I mean, is it any surprise that they would listen to offers on both?

Is anybody really untouchable on a last place team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    I would like to see Morneau/Doumit to the Yankees............................

EDIT: Morneau would be our perm. DH obviously.
    Then where would Alex Rodriguez play when he's not in the hospital.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I mean, is it any surprise that they would listen to offers on both?

Is anybody really untouchable on a last place team?
    Not to mention Morneau is a FA after the season and with draft pick compensation gone for players traded at the deadline they should try to move him now while they can still get something.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast