Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

franchise overhaul?

not an overreaction thread after a tough loss, just my thoughts on this franchise as a whole. colangelo, kleiza, jose, bargs and our scouting staff need to go.

bc: over pays mediocre talent, is impatient, doesnt rebuild properly and cant hold on to cap space.

euro 3: 3 over payed one dimensional players that you can't win with.

scouting staff: drafting history speaks 4 itself. missing out on guys like iggy, granger for guys like graham and araujo consistently year after year. Also never having any success in the second round. scouting d needs an overhaul.

Moving forward we need 2 trade and or amnesty to get rid of the big euro 3. clear the dead weight and clear some cap.

Fire BC and hire a young gm whos patient, with an eye 4 talent who can draft well and sign players to reasonable extension ala sam presti <okc>

Lastly build around coach casey, lowry, dd, ed,ross, val and amir. guys who will work hard to improve and play both sides of the ball.
    start
    lowry
    ross
    dd
    ed
    val

lets your first rounders develop 2gether and if we lose we can continue 2 build the right way through the draft. just my thoughts on what needs to happen 4 this franchise 2 ever succeed.
    Last edited by rapsjaysfan88; 11-13-2012 at 01:52 PM.

vCash
    lol this is another overreaction thread

and the scouting staff that missed out on Igoudala and Granger, they weren't BC's scouting staff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    lol this is another overreaction thread

and the scouting staff that missed out on Igoudala and Granger, they weren't BC's scouting staff
    i actually said its not me overeacting, i just think this team is shitt and needs an overhaul.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    i actually said its not me overeacting, i just think this team is shitt and needs an overhaul.
    i know you said that, but this thread is an overraction, so much so that you are blind to see that you brought up the scouting staff pre - BC. umm im sure when BC got here, he brought in new scouts

and im just saying, this is an overraction thread whether you agree to it or not.

vCash
    If we don't make the playoffs, hell yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    i know you said that, but this thread is an overraction, so much so that you are blind to see that you brought up the scouting staff pre - BC. umm im sure when BC got here, he brought in new scouts

and im just saying, this is an overraction thread whether you agree to it or not.
    its mostly the same scouts jim kelly and his band of marry men, sadly.

vCash
    i think this is a record. the panic button has been abused and it is 7 games into the season.. 7 games!! 3 of which were close losses without our best player. give it till the ASB before you start calling for every body's head.

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    Overall I'm not opposed to the idea of cleaning house a bit. I'm not sure I'd take all the steps you did though, but you targeted a lot of keys areas. Much of it can/should wait until the off-season though. Which gives management more time to assess what they want to do and who they want to build around long-term.

For example Calderon is an expiring contract. If you can get value for him in a trade, great, but I doubt we'll be seeing him back next year anyways. I can't see Kleiza having much value on the trade market. But he does have a player option for next season, and he may not be happy with his limited role here. I could see him looking for a 2-3 year deal with a team that has a role for him even if it means less money per year.

The team does have an amnesty still but can't use it until the off-season. So depending on their plans for Amir, Kleiza (if he opts in) and Bargnani, that's something that can be done in the off-season too. I don't think we can offer Lowry any type of extension until next off-season either, so we have to find out if he has any interest in sticking around long-term too.

I certainly expect the team will have a lot of moving pieces at some point in the season or during the off-season that will answer some of your concerns. For now though, they have to learn to compete more consistently.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 11-13-2012 at 02:42 PM.

vCash
    This isnt overracting its a long time coming. Casey has tried to change the culture of the team. He wants to do that by having a tough, physical defensive team. How can he do that when he "face of the franchise" is Andrea Bargnani?? hes not tough, he cant defend, rebounding is a joke, and his offense is replacable. I just heard on the Hayes show on TSN radio a reporter writting an article about how Barnani needs to be moved, and totally agree. This team will go no where with Bargnani as "the guy"

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    not an overreaction thread after a tough loss, just my thoughts on this franchise as a whole. colangelo, kleiza, jose, bargs and our scouting staff need to go.

bc: over pays mediocre talent, is impatient, doesnt rebuild properly and cant hold on to cap space.

euro 3: 3 over payed one dimensional players that you can't win with.

scouting staff: drafting history speaks 4 itself. missing out on guys like iggy, granger for guys like graham and araujo consistently year after year. Also never having any success in the second round. scouting d needs an overhaul.

Moving forward we need 2 trade and or amnesty to get rid of the big euro 3. clear the dead weight and clear some cap.

Fire BC and hire a young gm whos patient, with an eye 4 talent who can draft well and sign players to reasonable extension ala sam presti <okc>

Lastly build around coach casey, lowry, dd, ed,ross, val and amir. guys who will work hard to improve and play both sides of the ball.
    start
    lowry
    ross
    dd
    ed
    val

lets your first rounders develop 2gether and if we lose we can continue 2 build the right way through the draft. just my thoughts on what needs to happen 4 this franchise 2 ever succeed.
    I could not agree more. Our euros dont have the mental toughness to do what it takes to win consistantly. This is logical conclusion from years of losing and continued under performance to start the season... Any thought of playoffs is long gone with this start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miller74 View Post
    This isnt overracting its a long time coming. Casey has tried to change the culture of the team. He wants to do that by having a tough, physical defensive team. How can he do that when he "face of the franchise" is Andrea Bargnani?? hes not tough, he cant defend, rebounding is a joke, and his offense is replacable. I just heard on the Hayes show on TSN radio a reporter writting an article about how Barnani needs to be moved, and totally agree. This team will go no where with Bargnani as "the guy"
    preach, its like i said you cant continue 2 build around a flawed player, because all it does is create a flawed team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by psrs1 View Post
    I could not agree more. Our euros dont have the mental toughness to do what it takes to win consistantly. This is logical conclusion from years of losing and continued under performance to start the season... Any thought of playoffs is long gone with this start.
    even if we made the playoffs, i dont want a soft 35 win team every year. toronto deserves a tough winner, year in year out. if the spurs can do it the raps should be able 2.

vCash
    I don't get the games here but come on, you pick a multiple OT loss to the Jazz with two starters out including Kyle Lowry, who has already proven to be indispensable, to start a PANIC THREAD???

Come on seriously.

I'll leave it open for now if people like, but I would also close it if that's the consensus.

I know we're disappointed with the start to the season, but seriously you have to consider all of the injuries to Lowry when you're factoring the success of the team so far.

Without Lowry they're essentially last year's team; a team we knew wasn't that great.

vCash
    I've been saying for the longest time that we need to gut the team. We never really rebuilt and because of that we missed out on what should have been a really important pick last year. It's quite obvious that this team is missing 'franchise' level talent and Ross was probably the worst consolation for a **** season I've ever seen. Management can say all they want about building a winning mentality but at the end of the day they blew it. We're not going to attract winning talent and the draft was supposed to be our way out of mediocrity.

I don't think we'll ever be successful with Bargnani as the starting PF for multiple reasons and it's pretty obvious that we're in deep **** as a franchise right now. Anyone who thinks Lowry will stay after next season if we miss out on the playoffs or get bounced in the first round is a nut case.

It's an all around bad situation and management should be canned because of it.

As for the scouting staff I have no complaints. Derozan, Ed, and Val were all solid picks for 9, 13, and 5 respectively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I don't get the games here but come on, you pick a multiple OT loss to the Jazz with two starters out including Kyle Lowry, who has already proven to be indispensable, to start a PANIC THREAD???

Come on seriously.

I'll leave it open for now if people like, but I would also close it if that's the consensus.

I know we're disappointed with the start to the season, but seriously you have to consider all of the injuries to Lowry when you're factoring the success of the team so far.

Without Lowry they're essentially last year's team; a team we knew wasn't that great.
    This thread has merit.. It is the same script year after year .

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast