Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    My big fault with the contract is that Hou didn't bring in a good vet for lin to learn from. It's a bad contract but not the worse.

Funny, Lin took Douglas's JM in ny, and than went to Hou and tok his job again, and now td is starting to take the job back. Puts into perspective just how much mike ds system helped Jeremy.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    It's not the worst signing... it was a gamble, like a draft pick.. they got a small sample size and then had a bidding war, so they over paid, but it was a good risk.

That said, I would say it was ironic... since they signed him before NY, then didn't play him, and let him sign with NY. I mean, they had him BEFORE he blew up in NY and gave up on him. Then they sign him... I mean, didn't they get a good enough look at him the first time around?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Worst ever? come on...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNash View Post
    It isn't, Lin has been terrible in pretty much every area of the game. He's not able to create for himself, he has been exposed. Scouting reports start to come in and Lin is in trouble. He contributes virtually nothing to the team.
    This just simply isn't accurate, and that's coming from a Rockets fan who has seen most games this season and has been pretty critical of Lin. For one, he's been bad shooting from the perimeter, but he still gets to the rim a decent amount and seems to be figuring out his role better in this offense.

In the four games prior to the Lakers game, he averaged 13.5/7.25/4.25/2.5 while shooting .571 from the floor and .429 beyond the arc. He's clearly making strides from earlier in the season, but no one wants to notice that. He's doing a good job in the pick and roll offense when he's got the ball in his hands, but the guy's trying to get used to playing without the ball and that's going to take time.

It wasn't like Lin was the only option and they had to stick with him. They had two superior players, playing the same position, available for less money per year. What is Lin's purpose, to be a slightly better rebounder at the PG position?
    This is WILDLY inaccurate. For one, Lowry was going to be gone no matter what because he and McHale didn't see eye to eye. And even if he didn't, he and Harden could never have played together, because the Rockets acquired Harden using the pick they got for Lowry.

And Morey wanted to keep Dragic, but they didn't want to give Dragic a player option on the fourth year. Also, Dragic makes $8.5 million a year, which is more than Lin makes and Lowry makes less than Lin now, but not for long. He'll sign a contract extension this year or next and easily make $10 million a year. Lin was easily the cheapest, easiest option long term, unlike you're claiming.

Teams had legitimate reasons for those signings though. I'll give you an example. Say the Washington Wizards had Chris Paul and Deron Williams. They let those two guys so they can pay more money for Gilbert Arenas. That's what Houston did.
    The Rockets had legitimate reasons for their signing. They didn't want to pay Dragic for the fourth year. Also, Morey knew this was a young team and got a significantly younger player in Lin with just as much upside as Dragic and Lowry. You're seriously an idiot if you think this is the "worse contract ever." They haven't even played a quarter of a season yet!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    he sure was he should be on a couch right now out of the league, but fans and I Guess gms were blinded by 9 games.
    Only thing I can agree with this knob-gobbler about.

Loved his potential, was looking forward to Lin resigning at a reasonable price, to learn from JKidd -- but at that arrogant price, glad that kid walked.

Lin was a fun cartoonish story that helped revitalize a sagging, disappointing team and fanbase, but he was not the reason for their successful string of games. By having that team around a functioning PG better than Toney Douglas and Mike Bibby... that's why he looked so good.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

vCash
    Haters gonna hate. Dumbest thread of all time?

The future is present.

vCash
    Nope that award would go to the Hedo Turkoglu signing.

vCash
    Jerome James
    Jared Jeffries (Full MLE, 5 years, and a Player Option during the 2010 Free Agency)

Don't insult Lin like that. There are far worse cases.

vCash
    You do know that Jerome James and Jared Jeffries were both given the full MLE right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan3ai View Post
    You do know that Jerome James and Jared Jeffries were both given the full MLE right?
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    Jerome James
    Jared Jeffries (Full MLE, 5 years, and a Player Option during the 2010 Free Agency)

Don't insult Lin like that. There are far worse cases.
    OhmyGod crazy timing

vCash
    Look at the big picture, though and you can at least make sense of those deals. Wizards and Denver were trying to make a push for the playoffs while maintaining their core. If they let those guys walk, the teams get worse in the immediate future.

Rashard Lewis was in a weak free agent market. Orlando had money to spend, if they didn't spend it, they would lost cap space while remaining neutral.
    You werent saying any of this when Arenas signed that deal
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    I've never seen this in NBA history. You had two starting PGs on your roster, let them both walk so you could overpay a guy that doesn't seem like he belongs on a basketball court.

Goran Dragic signed a 4 year 30 million dollar deal.

Kyle Lowry had 2 years 12 million left on his deal.

Jeremy Lin signed a 3 year 25 million dollar deal.

Dragic: 15.4/3/6.5

Lowry: 18.3/5.7/6.0

Lin: 10.5/4.2/6.2 38.6%

Other bad moves can at least be explained, trying to fill a need, trying to win now, weak market, trade demands, team chemistry, trying to shed salary, trying to rebuild. None of which explains the Lin signing.
    It probably did not help that they went out and made a big splash trade to get Harden... It feels like Harden has a bigger agenda to prove himself and make him the star of that team. I feel as if Lin would have a bigger impact without the trade for Harden

vCash
    He is overpaid but not the worse ever.
    Deal with it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    That's how much it actually costs. But that's not what the number is against the cap. It's something like 5, 5, 15 against the cap, as is Asik's contract.
    If he's traded. Houston actually pays him in terms of 5, 5, 15 but it counts for like 8.3 for us each season unless traded.

Lowry didn't get along with mchale and trading him to Toronto got us The pick that was crucial to get harden. Do I wish we had kept dragic instead? Hell yeah. Most rockets fans think that way. Does that make him the worst FA signing of all time? No.

And dragic was a UFA. No guarantee he would have stayed even if we offered him the same thing Phoenix did
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefflin View Post
    Pretty damn close. Someone name 3 worse...
    That's way too easy

1-Jerome James (knicks)
    2-Gilbert Arenas (wizards)
    3-Rashard "steroids" lewis
    4-Landry Fields
    5-Eddie Curry
    6- And maybe even Amare Stoudamire lol

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast