Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    He didn't walk, he wasn't wanted.
    Technically Grunwald did want him back but wasn't retained for whatever reason.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    Technically Grunwald did want him back but wasn't retained for whatever reason.
    That's technically a lie, offer sheets come with two options, do you want this player or don't you want this player.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    Of course he walked. What else was he supposed to do? Play for free? Grovel on Dolan's doorstep for a hand me down jersey from Carmela?

The knicks NEVER offered Lin a contract. Not once, at any time in the free agency period.

Even after Houston offered 25+ mil, the knicks refused to exercise the stretch provision which would have allowed them to avoid the luxury tax by paying his salary in the 3rd year over 3 seasons. Or, the knicks could simply have traded him prior to the 3rd season, which would also have allowed them to avoid the luxury tax.

Obviously, there were "other" considerations, namely, Dolan being embarrassed by being outmaneuvered by Morey. And then there was jealous, pouting carmela, and his half wit sidekick JR who *****ed like squealing schoolgirls when they heard of Lin's contract.

It is what it is. The knicks have a chance to become the spurs of the east; an old team which never quite makes it to the mountaintop.

Lin got paid, and the rockets have a chance to become a serious title contender over the course of the next decade if they can sign a legit star 4.

The knicks have several hundred million committed to Carmela and Amare with only two first round playoff exits to show for it; perhaps the knicks should've thought twice before signing Amare to such a 'ridiculous' deal when no other team was offering amare anywhere near that much.

Really, this thread should be re-titled: "Dolan, the dumbest owner of all time," or "Lin, the dumbest non-signing of all time."

And unless you know dolan personally, or are on his payroll, don't get butthurt.
    The spurs of the East and making us look bad? My God you're a terrible poster.

vCash
    God, I love this thread.

Lin rollin again with 19 pts, 6 rebounds, 5 asts, 4 stls, 7 TO.

Rockets post 125 pts, have won 5 in a row, are 12-3 in their last 15 and 14-2 vs. the EC.

Meanwhile, the Knicks begin their slow slide downward and backward to mediocrity, with the return of amare.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
    I said the knicks COULD BE the spurs of the east as their CEILING, but obviously they are light years behind the spurs RIGHT NOW. It would be silly to say the knicks are as good as the spurs.

vCash
    I wish that we had Lin instead of Felton. We messed up.

vCash
    the zombie thread returns!

I'd also like to thank the knicks organization for paying toney douglas salary this year, he's been balling for the rockets.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    Dude, he summed it up beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    God, I love this thread.

Lin rollin again with 19 pts, 6 rebounds, 5 asts, 4 stls, 7 TO.

Rockets post 125 pts, have won 5 in a row, are 12-3 in their last 15 and 14-2 vs. the EC.

Meanwhile, the Knicks begin their slow slide downward and backward to mediocrity, with the return of amare.
    The 7 TO's suck, but the win was SWEET

Quote Originally Posted by NYTHRILLZ97 View Post
    I wish that we had Lin instead of Felton. We messed up.
    Wish more Knick fans would admit that.

Quote Originally Posted by Verbal Christ View Post
    the zombie thread returns!

I'd also like to thank the knicks organization for paying toney douglas salary this year, he's been balling for the rockets.
    TD is a beast for us, and w aren't even paying him. Knicks FO(suckers again and again and again)...

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    He starts the game so lazy at times. He literally puts himself into 7 TOs but 3 of those TOs were fouls, chops to the head, no whistle, TO, contact w/ chest no ball, no whistle, TO, hacked on the arm no whistle, TO.

And then there were the lazy TOs, not going to the rim passing in the air, TO. Stopping his dribble makes a lazy handoff to Morris w/ Artest jumping over the post up attempt, TO. That' just young and dumb mistakes he has to and probably will improve in, within time. He is a special passer and pushes the pace probably better than anyone not named Paul, Rose, Curry or LeBron.

we're not all like that.

TD is a beast for us, and w aren't even paying him. Knicks FO(suckers again and again and again)...
    Mr. Money in the 4th qtr. I'm shocked. But he's in the greatest position for himself he's a great bench option. I hope he embraces it b/c he could be what Bobby Jackson was for Sacramento.
    Last edited by KniCks4LiFe; 01-08-2013 at 11:37 PM.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Dude, he summed it up beautifully.

I think it was more of a the Knicks needing a PROVEN backcourt. They knew that when assembling the team they needed good play from the backcourt that could do its job.

THe problem with Lin (and could be seen this year) is that 1/3 of his games have just been outright bad. Plus, even on good games, he still goes and has 4+ turnovers.

The knicks simply wanted PG's that would work within the system and wouldn't need to "grow". They wanted a definite winner this year and next year. Lin was an iffy play for this year (as shown by his struggles this year).

I don't think many thought of Lin as a waste (only haters). But more of a project. Higher ceiling but less control. Felton started playing badly once he hurt his hands. The weeks that Felton played badly JUST happened to be the weeks in which he had BOTH hands swollen.

Just saying.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    don't flatter yourself. by "spurs of the east," he meant an old team that is never quite good enough to reach the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    He starts the game so lazy at times. He literally puts himself into 7 TOs but 3 of those TOs were fouls, chops to the head, no whistle, TO, contact w/ chest no ball, no whistle, TO, hacked on the arm no whistle, TO.

And then there were the lazy TOs, not going to the rim passing in the air, TO. Stopping his dribble makes a lazy handoff to Morris w/ Artest jumping over the post up attempt, TO. That' just young and dumb mistakes he has to and probably will improve in, within time. He is a special passer and pushes the pace probably better than anyone not named Paul, Rose, Curry or LeBron.

we're not all like that.

Mr. Money in the 4th qtr. I'm shocked. But he's in the greatest position for himself he's a great bench option. I hope he embraces it b/c he could be what Bobby Jackson was for Sacramento.

Yeah, we developed Toney. We thought he was good enough. Hell, we gave him the starting PG spot last year. He just regressed every year. Good to see him healed up completely and playing well.

As for Lin: I think that description is spot on as to why he wasn't kept. Woodson and the organization wanted the PG to be in control, something Lin isn't of in many games and in many parts of games, hence why he goes and has 4-8 turnover games (remember, Knicks get around 10 TO's a game as a team :/)

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jimm120 View Post
    I think it was more of a the Knicks needing a PROVEN backcourt. They knew that when assembling the team they needed good play from the backcourt that could do its job.

THe problem with Lin (and could be seen this year) is that 1/3 of his games have just been outright bad. Plus, even on good games, he still goes and has 4+ turnovers.

The knicks simply wanted PG's that would work within the system and wouldn't need to "grow". They wanted a definite winner this year and next year. Lin was an iffy play for this year (as shown by his struggles this year).

I don't think many thought of Lin as a waste (only haters). But more of a project. Higher ceiling but less control. Felton started playing badly once he hurt his hands. The weeks that Felton played badly JUST happened to be the weeks in which he had BOTH hands swollen.

Just saying.
    Felton was shooting bad even before the hand injury. I've been saying he's at best medicore, Kidd has made it look good. He's the one that brought structure to the Knicks offense.

The thing w/ Lin is he's not now ready. He's later upside. But for his 4+ TO gms. he orchestrates a lineup w/ James Harden to 100+ pts. Best offense in the league. While Felton gives Kidd a blow, adds offense few amount of time, takes bad efficient shots, but does help the backcourt mostly b/c of Kidd being his safety net and having a center like Tyson Chandler who at the beginning of the season was finishing the PnR at an absurd rate.

vCash
    All the backstabbing Knick fans are now nowhere to be seen, only the ones who can admit it that Lin is the better player with better upside.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jimm120 View Post
    Yeah, we developed Toney. We thought he was good enough. Hell, we gave him the starting PG spot last year. He just regressed every year. Good to see him healed up completely and playing well.

As for Lin: I think that description is spot on as to why he wasn't kept. Woodson and the organization wanted the PG to be in control, something Lin isn't of in many games and in many parts of games, hence why he goes and has 4-8 turnover games (remember, Knicks get around 10 TO's a game as a team :/)
    I've just always thought he's a backup. And perfect for that role.

I agree there. The truth is you have 60+ MIL invested between Tyson|Melo|Stat, they have to be a win now team. Otherwise that's money being wasted. But the problem here was how we let an asset go for free.

Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast