Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PlezPlayDKnicks View Post
    If Dantoni never gave him a shot Mike Woodson wouldve probably started bibby so we cant be too sure
    Lol... true. We only had Toney Douglas. Davis and Bibby were injured.

Would Woodson have done THAT much better over those 10 games with only Toney Douglas for the point guard? Put the ball in Iman Shumpert's hands?

It gives me nightmares just to contemplate it...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickFanSince91 View Post
    I'll debate you that if he didn't explode in that Nets game, D'Antoni would've been fired 15 games sooner and we would've made the playoffs as a higher seed
    So your telling me we would have been a higher seed with D'antoni gone, Amare out because of his brothers death and Melo injured?

vCash
    If Dantoni never gave him a shot Mike Woodson wouldve probably started bibby so we cant be too sure
    exactly Woodson loves his vets and Bibby already played for him before in Atlanta. There would be no Lin he probably would have been cut.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    Lol... true. We only had Toney Douglas. Davis and Bibby were injured.

Would Woodson have done THAT much better over those 10 games with only Toney Douglas for the point guard? Put the ball in Iman Shumpert's hands?

It gives me nightmares just to contemplate it...

Based on what I've seen from Woody, I have full confidence he would've played the best PG available. If Lin was styling on everybody in practice like they said he was, I'm sure he would've put him in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    So your telling me we would have been a higher seed with D'antoni gone, Amare out because of his brothers death and Melo injured?
    Yes. Exactly.

vCash
    Based on what I've seen from Woody, I have full confidence he would've played the best PG available. If Lin was styling on everybody in practice like they said he was, I'm sure he would've put him in the game.

Yes. Exactly.
    not sure because Copeland had a good first half against the Suns this season and he didn't even get any burn in the second half. Woodson is old school he rarely plays rookies. The chances that Lin would play is slim. Maybe if Woody's hands were forced but still I would say very slim chance Lin would play.

vCash
    You cant have it both ways. I said
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS
    People could even make a debate that without J Lin's 25 games as a starter last season the Knicks may have struggled to make the playoffs.
    You cant have it both ways. Without Lin means without Lin. Not with Lin and Woodson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    not sure because Copeland had a good first half against the Suns this season and he didn't even get any burn in the second half. Woodson is old school he rarely plays rookies. The chances that Lin would play is slim. Maybe if Woody's hands were forced but still I would say very slim chance Lin would play.
    But he will play the best guy available, regardless if he's a rookie or not. He kept Shump on the floor as much as possible last year and with the way TD and Bibby were playing, Lin would have gotten a shot.

As far as the game with Cope...I believe he went to the smaller lineup in the 2nd half and stayed with it since it worked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    You cant have it both ways. I said

You cant have it both ways. Without Lin means without Lin. Not with Lin and Woodson.
    My fault, sir. Another 25 games with TD's dismal PG play would've tanked us. It's all hypothetical but I think Shump running the point full time down the stretch would've have given us the same amount of wins in those 25 wins as Lin did.

vCash
    My fault, sir. Another 25 games with TD's dismal PG play would've tanked us. It's all hypothetical but I think Shump running the point full time down the stretch would've have given us the same amount of wins in those 25 wins as Lin did.
    You had me getting dizzy there for a second

You are right. It is all hypothetical. I can not say what would have been down the stretch with a full team but would Shrump's have been able to quarterback the same depleted lineup the way J Lin did? I remember those games against Dirk and Kobe. That was like catching lightning in a bottle.

vCash
    But he will play the best guy available, regardless if he's a rookie or not. He kept Shump on the floor as much as possible last year and with the way TD and Bibby were playing, Lin would have gotten a shot.

As far as the game with Cope...I believe he went to the smaller lineup in the 2nd half and stayed with it since it worked.
    No he wouldn't, believe it or not there will still be a stigma that because he's Asian he can't play, Lin was put in as an ABSOLUTE last resort by Dantoni cause everyone else was injured or sucking.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    Knicks fans seek validation wishing some1 who played his heart out for their team to fail in another uniform. It's shameful. Half y'all was screaming in ur seats for those two weeks. And even if ur happy with Felton. What if Jkidd tutored this kid the same way Felton is getting now. I never liked Felton but I won't wish him to fail in our uniform either. And the Knicks fans pointing out 2 turnovers act like our pg doesn't do the same sometimes in clutch moments. Jkidd has been the calming influence on the floor. Attack me if you want but I call you a hypocrite after 84 games as a pro your bashing this kid. Tony Parker himself says he on pace with his numbers as a youngster. Psd scouts
    levelheaded knicks fan. a rarity around these parts.

vCash
    Knicks fans seek validation wishing some1 who played his heart out for their team to fail in another uniform. It's shameful. Half y'all was screaming in ur seats for those two weeks. And even if ur happy with Felton. What if Jkidd tutored this kid the same way Felton is getting now. I never liked Felton but I won't wish him to fail in our uniform either. And the Knicks fans pointing out 2 turnovers act like our pg doesn't do the same sometimes in clutch moments. Jkidd has been the calming influence on the floor. Attack me if you want but I call you a hypocrite after 84 games as a pro your bashing this kid. Tony Parker himself says he on pace with his numbers as a youngster. Psd scouts
    Great post. I feel the same way as you do my friend.

vCash
    He's had a few stinkers and a few good games. He was the first option tonight and performed well. Guess you have to hate on him. Since I love Felton , I have to hate Lin syndrome lol
    With all due respect my dude, please don't act like it doesn't go both ways and Felton isn't the same target from all the Lin fans. Facts are facts, Felton has been way better than Lin this year. Lin has regressed and is nowhere near where most, including myself, thought he would be this season. He plays shook out there.

You used to be one of the best posters in our forum but I have to ask: Are you a Knicks fan or a Lin fan? Have you stopped being a Knicks fan over this ****ing kid? I haven't seen you post anything in months over there, yet your all over every Jeremy Lin thread in this forum.

I loved every second of Linsanity, doesn't mean I have to be a Lin apologist and make excuses for every sub par game, which is a lot, hes had this season. I can acknowledge Felton is flat out better right now and plays with a style thats way better for our team.

You are acting like Knicks fans come in here and post everytime the kid has a crappy game. Its simply not true. Especially considering crappy games have been the norm for him this season. We are too busy posting about our first place team than to worry about a 10-6 PG out West who rarely ever finishes games anymore.

Do you really expect Knicks fans to give him every excuse in the book as to why he sucks this year instead of just acknowledging he sucks this year?
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 12-11-2012 at 03:15 PM.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    They still lost because of two horrid turnover's by Lin in crunch time and his team has a losing record.
    No they lost because of 2 stupid contested layups by Parsons and a shitt Delfino turnover. Did you even watch?

vCash
    Landry.Fields.

"My bro DitchDat writes about the Celtics and the NBA over at http://www.randomandsome.com/ -- go check it out. Buckets!"

Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast