Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickFanSince91 View Post
    You are making this stuff up. Hahn and Wally have been pretty consistent in touting JR as the 2nd best player on the team all year.

Felton was regarded highly in terms of importance because he's the engine of the offense and it's clear that we've struggled offensively without him. His style of play is a much better fit for this team than Lin's...that's why he's no longer here.
    They touted Felton as a 1A. You probably ignored it. There was even a graphic showing a split screen w/ Melo on the left and Felton on the right.

He's been piggy banking Jason Kidd. Infact Jason has had to calm him down many times even in the Brooklyn game. Lin and Felton's style are the same, NY just has a slower more sure system, and Felton has Jason Kidd, that guy will always keep a floor balanced. Harden is a stud but he's not exactly somebody who will protect the basketball on most nights.

You overrate Felton too much, take the sunglasses off, this isn't even a Felton vs Lin thing. Homie he's mediocore. ALWAYS HAS BEEN, EVEN IN D'ANTONI'S SYSTEM

I don't know one PG in the east I wouldn't trade Raymond Felton for. Not one. Well maybe Mario Chalmers.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Felton pre-hand injury early in the season was pretty damn good. Once he injured his hand and lost the ability to make a jumper off the pick and roll that hurt his game significantly. But, I don't think anyone can doubt that Felton's ability to take care of the ball, consistently find Chandler off the pick and roll, and get into the lane to collapse the defense is critical for the Knicks success.

I don't know where you get the 1A garbage because I'm pretty sure you made it up. In terms of importance to the team, I'd put him at 3A or 3B with Melo at 1, Tyson at 2, and him and JR sharing that third spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    They touted Felton as a 1A. You probably ignored it. There was even a graphic showing a split screen w/ Melo on the left and Felton on the right.
    Which game? I watch every game, even the pre-games and don't recall.

He's been piggy banking Jason Kidd. Infact Jason has had to calm him down many times even in the Brooklyn game.
    Not sure what you're talking about here but I'm pretty sure this isn't even relevant.

Lin and Felton's style are the same, NY just has a slower more sure system,
    No, they aren't. Lin's game is based on going to the rim and getting to the line. He gets his dimes from guys going to the rim, mostly on baseline cut.

Felton is a drive and kick guard that assists on a lot more buckets outside the paint than Lin and is a 3pt shooter himself.

and Felton has Jason Kidd, that guy will always keep a floor balanced. Harden is a stud but he's not exactly somebody who will protect the basketball on most nights.
    Lin doesn't protect the ball either. He's as bad as Harden.

You overrate Felton too much, take the sunglasses off, this isn't even a Felton vs Lin thing. Homie he's mediocore. ALWAYS HAS BEEN, EVEN IN D'ANTONI'S SYSTEM

I don't know one PG in the east I wouldn't trade Raymond Felton for. Not one. Well maybe Mario Chalmers.
    I'm pretty sure you're the one who brought Felton into the discussion. I don't overrate him, I call it like it is. It's hilarious how you go in on him when YOU CAN SAY THE EXACT SAME THING ABOUT LIN. He's been mediocre his entire career.

There isn't one pg in the West that I wouldn't take over Lin. Except maybe Mo Williams.

vCash
    Which game? I watch every game, even the pre-games and don't recall.
    I don't remember who we were playing but I remember that 1A talk. That happened.

Not sure what you're talking about here but I'm pretty sure this isn't even relevant.
    Kidd's been the playmaker.

No, they aren't. Lin's game is based on going to the rim and getting to the line. He gets his dimes from guys going to the rim, mostly on baseline cut.
    and his drive and push, and PnR w/ Asik, and the elbow arc iso w/ Harden. Post pass to Patterson, he even does PnR w/ Greg Smith.

Felton is a drive and kick guard that assists on a lot more buckets outside the paint than Lin and is a 3pt shooter himself.
    no he doesn't. Most of Felton's assists are the PnR w/ Tyson Chandler. Once that's defended that's what has our offense inconsistant.

Lin doesn't protect the ball either. He's as bad as Harden.
    I know. He's 24 and has room to grow there. Plus they run a high uptempo offense, the pace is rated #1 in the league last I checked.

I'm pretty sure you're the one who brought Felton into the discussion. I don't overrate him, I call it like it is. It's hilarious how you go in on him when YOU CAN SAY THE EXACT SAME THING ABOUT LIN. He's been mediocre his entire career.
    Nope not really. Actually I don't even like mentioning Felton. You call it like it is but can't acknowledge how mediocore he is? ok. Only Lin is younger and has better upside. His entire not even one full NBA season as a starter career. Congrats you won that one w/ your Ewing icon.

There isn't one pg in the West that I wouldn't take over Lin. Except maybe Mo Williams.
    LOLS. Ok. B/c there are alot of guards in the West that can dribble, penetrate and push the tempo. Just stop. Other than Lillard, Conley, Westy, Steph, CP3 and Tony there aren't many. He's also one of the leaders in steals, you know.
    Last edited by KniCks4LiFe; 01-11-2013 at 05:02 PM.

vCash
    Felton only finds Chandler and Melo. His court vision is very mediocre for such a pure pg. I think he might have worse vision than JR who has been a much improved passer. TRuthfully even tho Felton takes care of the ball much better he doesn't finish well at the rim , find open shooters enough or get to the free throw line IMO. Felton's biggest contribution is that Melo wants to play with him over Lin to avoid the "why can't u work with Lin " drama. I think Felton Lin would've made a good combo. Oh well

Standing on Sacred Ground

When the season starts and the blatant homerism subsides, people will realize the 2 biggest flaws on our team. MAYBE??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PlezPlayDKnicks View Post
    Felton only finds Chandler and Melo. His court vision is very mediocre for such a pure pg. I think he might have worse vision than JR who has been a much improved passer. TRuthfully even tho Felton takes care of the ball much better he doesn't finish well at the rim , find open shooters enough or get to the free throw line IMO. Felton's biggest contribution is that Melo wants to play with him over Lin to avoid the "why can't u work with Lin " drama. I think Felton Lin would've made a good combo. Oh well
    could you have imagined what Kidd could have done to improve this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSpG5C6fHYs

vCash
    I don't remember who we were playing but I remember that 1A talk. That happened.

Kidd's been the playmaker.

and his drive and push, and PnR w/ Asik, and the elbow arc iso w/ Harden. Post pass to Patterson, he even does PnR w/ Greg Smith.

no he doesn't. Most of Felton's assists are the PnR w/ Tyson Chandler. Once that's defended that's what has our offense inconsistant.
    You're not going to get away with just making stuff up out of thin air. There are people who actually keep track of these things and make it easy for people like us to actually look up before talking.

Felton has assisted on more 3pt fg's than he has shots at the rim. Less than 40% of his dimes come from the pnr with Chandler.
    http://www.hoopdata.com/passingstats...13&gp=0&mins=0

Not only that, but it's clear as day how much more of the playmaking is Felton's responsibility than Kidd's. The offense has been stagnant since he's been out because the other two guards can't penetrate, kidd isn't effective in the pnr right now and prigs is not the outside threat Felton is.

On the other side, more than 50% of Lin's assists come at the rim and 70% come from buckets inside the arc. Like I said, he's pnr, baseline cuts and leak outs or bust.

Nope not really. Actually I don't even like mentioning Felton. You call it like it is but can't acknowledge how mediocore he is? ok. Only Lin is younger and has better upside. His entire not even one full NBA season as a starter career. Congrats you won that one w/ your Ewing icon.

LOLS. Ok. B/c there are alot of guards in the West that can dribble, penetrate and push the tempo. Just stop. Other than Lillard, Conley, Westy, Steph, CP3 and Tony there aren't many.
    Penetrate, dribble and push the tempo? You just described a high school guard's job. In addition to the guards you've already named:

Nash, Gordon, Vasquez, Dragic and Isiah Thomas all do what Lin does or better. I did make a mistake though...in addition to Mo Williams, I'd also take Lin over whoever is trying to run the point in Dallas

He's also one of the leaders in steals, you know.
    He also gives the ball away as much as he takes it away. He has 1.6 TO's for every steal he gets. Nothing to brag about.

vCash
    You're not going to get away with just making stuff up out of thin air. There are people who actually keep track of these things and make it easy for people like us to actually look up before talking.

Felton has assisted on more 3pt fg's than he has shots at the rim. Less than 40% of his dimes come from the pnr with Chandler.

Not only that, but it's clear as day how much more of the playmaking is Felton's responsibility than Kidd's. The offense has been stagnant since he's been out because the other two guards can't penetrate, kidd isn't effective in the pnr right now and prigs is not the outside threat Felton is.

On the other side, more than 50% of Lin's assists come at the rim and 70% come from buckets inside the arc. Like I said, he's pnr, baseline cuts and leak outs or bust.

Where's the data to those guards getting the ball at the 16-23ft line and dribbling into the paint. Just b/c the numbers show at the rim, doesn't mean that's a PnR play. Lin plays w/ 3 off the dribble players at the perimeter. And most of their looks are wide open. But it's ok I like Hoopsdata.

Penetrate, dribble and push the tempo? You just described a high school guard's job. In addition to the guards you've already named:

Nash, Gordon, Vasquez, Dragic and Isiah Thomas all do what Lin does or better. I did make a mistake though...in addition to Mo Williams, I'd also take Lin over whoever is trying to run the point in Dallas
    Nash was outplayed by Lin in their first meeting. Gordon hasn't done much and is volume chucker too. Dragic can't stay on the court, OMG Vasquez, now if you want TO prone, look him up. Isiah Thomas really? oh man. Ok sure. Leave Dallas out of this. But I agree.

He also gives the ball away as much as he takes it away. He has 1.6 TO's for every steal he gets. Nothing to brag about.
    different system, and it's yr.1 as a starter. You're grading him like he's in yr. 3 as a starter.
    Last edited by KniCks4LiFe; 01-11-2013 at 06:06 PM.

vCash
    Nash was outplayed by Lin in their first meeting. Gordon hasn't done much and is volume chucker too. Dragic can't stay on the court, OMG Vasquez, now if you want TO prone, look him up. Isiah Thomas really? oh man. Ok sure. Leave Dallas out of this. But I agree.
    Umm Dragic has played 35 games this year and his numbers are better pretty much better across the board

Vasquez doesn't turn it over much more than Lin.

Lin 3.2 TO per game in 33mpg

Vasquez 3.3 TO per game in 34mpg...that's about as equal as you can get... EXCEPT Vasquez dishes out 9.1 apg to Lin's 6.3 and beats Lin in just about every offensive category.

That being said, people need to let this go, Lin has been decent, at times bad and at times great... but decent overall.

No he's not a rookie, but yes he does have upside and potential just like most young PG's do.

Also Lin outplaying Nash in one game doesn't mean he's better... that's just silly. Nash has been much better across the board this year.

And Nash put up 16, 10 & 5 with just 1 TO on 6-10 shooting to Lin's 19, 6 & 5 with SEVEN to's on 7-13 shooting... so I'm not even sure how you can say Lin outplayed him except for the fact that HOU won the game.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 01-11-2013 at 06:24 PM.

vCash
    vazquez is a damn good PG, he was giving the rockets all kinds of trouble the other night.

quick question: better PG this season? toney douglas or raymond felton?

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    Well I watch the rockets and jermey lin is bad.. he will be great coming off the bench in the future , but he always looks lost , he passes up on so many pull up jumpers its pathetic. He doesnt realizehe has an open shot. He shouldhave at least learned this by now, but i dont think he understands the game. he picks up his dribble in the middle of the lane , he either turns it over or kick it out to someone . honestly i can do what lin does
    Last edited by farren.louis; 01-11-2013 at 08:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by farren.louis View Post
    Well I watch the rockets and jermey lin is bad.. he will be great coming off the bench in the future , but he always looks lost , he passes up on so many pull up jumpers its pathetic. He doesnt realizehe has an open shot. He shouldhave at least learned this by now, but i dont think he understands the game. he picks up his dribble in the middle of the lane , he either turns it over or kick it out to someone . honestly i can do what lin does
    Lol sure you can

vCash
    Lin continues to be terrible. It's gotten so bad a D-Leager is eating into his minutes and saving the day. Terrible, terrible signing. Definitely one of the worst in NBA history, no one can really argue this FACT.
    Dwight Howard is a Top 5 Center of All-Time, no one in this league can touch him.

The Orlando Magic are a dominant contender and are a better franchise than I ever thought possible.

Raph12 is always right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNash View Post
    Lin continues to be terrible. It's gotten so bad a D-Leager is eating into his minutes and saving the day. Terrible, terrible signing. Definitely one of the worst in NBA history, no one can really argue this FACT.
    Terrible terrible post and thread idea. Face it, you are wrong. I'm a Rockets fan and I don't care much for Lin, but look at actual free agent busts out there. You're just trolling hard and failing at it.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    OMG. What has the world came to>~!!!>!>!> KNICKS FANS ARGUING WITH KNICK FANS!!!!!!

Or does that always happen???
    ]I may be acting like a Kidd, switch from team to team, now I'm getting Bucks and all I see is green. Call me what you want, image don't mean a thing to me, sign me for 5 or 6 mill and worry about my legacy. - Me

Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast