Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    You're only 16 games into this deal. He might take a step forward in a year. Goran Dragic took time to get better. Same with Lowry. Toney Douglas has been in the league longer and he was recovering from shoulder surgery. Looks like he has found his shooting touch again. If that's the case, you have a borderline starter in Toney Douglas which is a good thing. When he's on he can be really good.

As far as Jeremy Lin... he's coming of surgery and he's not been given a license to run the show through him. It's run through Harden. I stand by my theory that at BEST he'll put up a stat line similar to Mike Conley/ Jrue Holiday. He's a nice 3rd option if he can be more consistent.
    the problem is he's not being used as a ballhandler because they have harden, so really all his talent is being wasted as a spot up shooter. but the problem is also that Harden is much better at ballhandling.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    How do you spell Harden correctly the literally 2 words later spell it incorrectly....

Secondly they brought in Harden .. so you kind of contradicted yourself. Harden may not be a point guard but he is an excellent primary handler and passer. Douglas has also improved a hundred fold in the last 2-3 weeks.
    Same way you spelled the instead of then incorrectly lol.

As for Douglas I know how he plays, I've seen him at his best and worst, Douglas is a catch and shoot guy. That's when he was at his best here in NY, he's back in that role in Houston that's why he's thriving.

Harden is a great player I'm not questioning that acquisition. What I'm saying is I've seen the type of system Lin needs to play his best and it's not in this current Rocket system. He's just a spot up shooter for you guy's that's just not his game.
    Last edited by Blitzace137; 12-09-2012 at 03:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heyman321 View Post
    the problem is he's not being used as a ballhandler because they have harden, so really all his talent is being wasted as a spot up shooter. but the problem is also that Harden is much better at ballhandling.
    exactly you understand the point I'm trying to make. Lin is a bad fit for this team. Lin's a attacker/slasher not Ray Allen also agree on the Harden point you made
    Last edited by Blitzace137; 12-09-2012 at 03:40 PM.

vCash
    Wait...what happened to Linsanity?

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Landry Fields??
    Gamertag 360: I Play Bald (Add It!)
    Twitter: @RSchnyderite10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I think this is just something HOU fans say to justify it or make themselves feel better... Just like saying Lowry didn't like Mchale. I mean Mchale is not some hall of fame coach that you have to please. He's pretty average at best, you don't trade away a 25 year PG making just $5m to appease an average coach. Also Lowry was upset at not starting, I'm pretty sure if he was the starting PG things could have been smoothed out, players and coaches have rifts.

HOU was after Harden hard according to OKC, they were the first team they called according to OKC. They have plenty of assets, you can't tell me that 1 pick would have been a deal breaker. Maybe HOU needs to include Patterson or Donetas instead, but i'm pretty sure Harden would still be attainable.
    Well apparently the Toronto pick was a key chip in the Howard negotiations. The exact day Orlando re-signed Nelson, hours later Morey traded Lowry to the Raptors for the pick.

Also the Rockets made numerous attempts in moving up as high as possible in the lottery on draft night but failed to do so, Kyle was being dangled in those efforts.

To me it's clear Houston had their minds made up in accumulating as many assets in the form of draft picks and young talent in order to acquire a star player which in the end they did. Kyle Lowry was really the only player in Houston's roster that could net such pick.
    Last edited by SouthSideRookie; 12-09-2012 at 09:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That kid is just a troll. He's just upset that the rockets have spent all this money trying to buy a championship and they're still not as good as the Mavs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    I'd rather have Kawhi Leonard....T Ross.... Aaron Afflalo..... Lance Stephenson....Bradley Beal....Wes Matthews....*

All over Harden. Easy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    yes! Lin was extreamly over rated last season.

imagine houston with harden and lowry
    I agree if lowry was playing with harden,harden stats be better too, lin is simply a bench player who is overrated and overpay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    Same way you spelled the instead of then incorrectly lol.

As for Douglas I know how he plays, I've seen him at his best and worst, Douglas is a catch and shoot guy. That's when he was at his best here in NY, he's back in that role in Houston that's why he's thriving.

Harden is a great player I'm not questioning that acquisition. What I'm saying is I've seen the type of system Lin needs to play his best and it's not in this current Rocket system. He's just a spot up shooter for you guy's that's just not his game.
    There is a difference between missing an n, and switching e with i.

Mchale said he kept Douglas in because he was pushing the pace better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    they are trying to make him Miller Time and it's exploding in their face. Like I would on my girl.

Quote Originally Posted by AIRMAR72 View Post
    I agree if lowry was playing with harden,harden stats be better too, lin is simply a bench player who is overrated and overpay
    not playing that type of ball. Do you realize they playing the PG position as a screen and shoot position over there? they don't run enough pick n'roll, they don't play a post game, their offense is one screen for the PG, passes it to the wing, then camps on the 3 pt. line. I've seen their games. Lowry isn't playing that system in Toronto.
    Last edited by KniCks4LiFe; 12-10-2012 at 01:50 AM.

10. 12-10-2012, 06:07 AM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Sameway Raymond Sessions and Fli Murrays hype went. Down the toilet because it was a fluke

vCash
    Smartest Contract, you know who is the NBA team to watch in Asia?

vCash
    Indeed it was. The guy was good for all of 2-3 weeks last year and that was it.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    Lin's ripping the Spurs for 31 9-15...

vCash
    32 pts; 4-5 from 3. 6 pts from a career high.

Can HOU find a coach who can exploit the talents of both Lin and Harden?

vCash
    lin needs the star of the team to be sitting for him to have a very good game

17. 12-10-2012, 11:16 PM

Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast