Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 750
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,094
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    considering he makes the Rockets tons of money, no
    Source? Attendance is about the same. Can't find any other measures of revenue.

    Some people seem to be confused and keep bringing up that it's only been 16 games. Most of these people don't seem to realize the problem with small sample sizes. Yes, numbers can look bad, but it goes beyond numbers. If Lin was playing great, getting tons of great shots and is just off it would be one thing.

    It isn't, Lin has been terrible in pretty much every area of the game. He's not able to create for himself, he has been exposed. Scouting reports start to come in and Lin is in trouble. He contributes virtually nothing to the team. It wasn't like Lin was the only option and they had to stick with him.

    They had two superior players, playing the same position, available for less money per year. What is Lin's purpose, to be a slightly better rebounder at the PG position?


    I could name way more than three. Probably 100.

    Gilbert Arenas. That contract crippled the teams he was on FAR more than Lin's tiny contract in comparison will.
    Greg Oden
    Grant Hill (Magic)
    Larry Hughes (Cavs)
    Ben Wallace (Cavs)
    Eddy Curry (4 years 60 million w/ Chicago)


    Come on. He didn't deserve it, but his contract isn't that awful. He's making 5 million this year and next...and then in his final year he could have trade value as a HUGE expiring contract. You know how many crappy players make 5+ million a year? A **** ton.
    Teams had legitimate reasons for those signings though. I'll give you an example. Say the Washington Wizards had Chris Paul and Deron Williams. They let those two guys so they can pay more money for Gilbert Arenas. That's what Houston did.
    Last edited by SteveNash; 12-07-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    Dwight Howard is a Top 5 Center of All-Time, no one in this league can touch him.

    The Orlando Magic are a dominant contender and are a better franchise than I ever thought possible.

    Raph12 is always right.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gentrified Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,355
    vCash
    1500
    It would be a bad signing if Lin were on the Lakers, Knicks, or Heat where salary cap is essential. Lin is playing on the Rockets, they have cap room and flexibility. its only for 3 years.

    some past contracts that were worse.


    Washington - Gilbert Arenas, six-year $111 million

    Philly - Elton Brand, five-year $80 million

    Hornets - Peja Stojakovich, five-year, $64 million

    Knicks - Eddy Curry, six-year, $60 million deal

    Dallas - Raef Lafrentz, seven-year, $70 million deal

    Indiana - Jermaine O'Neil - seven-year, $70 million deal

    Portland - Brian Grant, seven-year, $86 million deal.

    Milwalkee - Vin Baker seven-year, $86 million deal.

    Denver - Kenyon Martin, seven-year max deal

    Indiana - Austin Croshere, seven-year 51 million deal.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    28,813
    vCash
    1500
    Doesn't matter how many games there's been. Lin has never been that good. He had a hot stretch, it happens.


    Free As Seagull.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    24,067
    vCash
    2502
    The dude's making an average of $8 million a year for three years and his numbers aren't nearly as bad as everyone is making them sound. Not only is this not the worst contract of all-time, it's not even the worse contract signed this year. This thread is awful and anyone who tries to jump on board that train is a complete moron.


  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,150
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I could name way more than three. Probably 100.

    Gilbert Arenas. That contract crippled the teams he was on FAR more than Lin's tiny contract in comparison will.
    Greg Oden
    Grant Hill (Magic)
    Larry Hughes (Cavs)
    Ben Wallace (Cavs)
    Eddy Curry (4 years 60 million w/ Chicago)


    Come on. He didn't deserve it, but his contract isn't that awful. He's making 5 million this year and next...and then in his final year he could have trade value as a HUGE expiring contract. You know how many crappy players make 5+ million a year? A **** ton.
    no his contract with HOU will count as 8.4m x 3 years.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,258
    vCash
    1500
    Charlie V, Landry Fields, Travis Outlaw, etc.

    It was much more but it was a terrible signing but aren't all restricted FA's signings terrible? NBA needs to get rid of that

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    24,067
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    no his contract with HOU will count as 8.4m x 3 years.
    That's how much it actually costs. But that's not what the number is against the cap. It's something like 5, 5, 15 against the cap, as is Asik's contract.


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,265
    vCash
    1500
    He's actually playing very well aside from his FG%. 11/4/6 from a third-fourth option on a team? That's good.

    People making these threads are just closet racists that can't still can't believe that stretch in NY happened, and the people backing up these threads are angry Knicks fans who feel betrayed by him "leaving" (when he wasn't the one who decided to leave) but feel redeemed and justified because Felton is playing great.


    TANKRONTO TANKTORS

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,176
    vCash
    1500
    Worse Contract: Johan Petro 3 years 10 Million. The fact that he earned a dollar in the NBA is absurd.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    tdot
    Posts
    18,124
    vCash
    1500
    yes! Lin was extreamly over rated last season.

    imagine houston with harden and lowry

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,150
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    That's how much it actually costs. But that's not what the number is against the cap. It's something like 5, 5, 15 against the cap, as is Asik's contract.
    No, his cap hit is averaged out over 3 years, so yes it's an 8.4m cap hit.

    it would only be 5/5/15 had ny matched

    http://www.spotrac.com/nba/houston-rockets/jeremy-lin/

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,405
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    no his contract with HOU will count as 8.4m x 3 years.
    Yeah. The cap hit is 8 a year. Forgot about the poison pill thing.


    It's not good. But again, it's far from one of the worst ever.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,150
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Yeah. The cap hit is 8 a year. Forgot about the poison pill thing.


    It's not good. But again, it's far from one of the worst ever.
    that actually prob works out better for HOU, otherwise they'd had close to $50m tied up in Lin/asik/Harden come 2015

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Steel City
    Posts
    4,778
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    It would be a bad signing if Lin were on the Lakers, Knicks, or Heat where salary cap is essential. Lin is playing on the Rockets, they have cap room and flexibility. its only for 3 years.

    some past contracts that were worse.


    Washington - Gilbert Arenas, six-year $111 million

    Philly - Elton Brand, five-year $80 million

    Hornets - Peja Stojakovich, five-year, $64 million

    Knicks - Eddy Curry, six-year, $60 million deal

    Dallas - Raef Lafrentz, seven-year, $70 million deal

    Indiana - Jermaine O'Neil - seven-year, $70 million deal

    Portland - Brian Grant, seven-year, $86 million deal.

    Milwalkee - Vin Baker seven-year, $86 million deal.

    Denver - Kenyon Martin, seven-year max deal

    Indiana - Austin Croshere, seven-year 51 million deal.
    correct, also Hedo 5 years 50 million..its crazy to see all those 6-7 year deals, thank god teams are doin 3-4 year deals now

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,094
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by HouRealCoach View Post
    Charlie V, Landry Fields, Travis Outlaw, etc.

    It was much more but it was a terrible signing but aren't all restricted FA's signings terrible? NBA needs to get rid of that
    What do all three of those signings have in common? Teams that had money and were willing to spend. When you have money to spend, money you need to spend if you want to accomplish goals you want to accomplish, you're going to get some bad contracts.

    This signing is dumb because it's not about the money. Lin brings NOTHING over Dragic/Lowry. You don't get better with Lin, you don't get much younger with Lin, you don't save cap space with Lin.
    Dwight Howard is a Top 5 Center of All-Time, no one in this league can touch him.

    The Orlando Magic are a dominant contender and are a better franchise than I ever thought possible.

    Raph12 is always right.

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •