Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Was signing Jeremy Lin the dumbest free agent signing of all time?

I've never seen this in NBA history. You had two starting PGs on your roster, let them both walk so you could overpay a guy that doesn't seem like he belongs on a basketball court.

Goran Dragic signed a 4 year 30 million dollar deal.

Kyle Lowry had 2 years 12 million left on his deal.

Jeremy Lin signed a 3 year 25 million dollar deal.

Dragic: 15.4/3/6.5

Lowry: 18.3/5.7/6.0

Lin: 10.5/4.2/6.2 38.6%

Other bad moves can at least be explained, trying to fill a need, trying to win now, weak market, trade demands, team chemistry, trying to shed salary, trying to rebuild. None of which explains the Lin signing.
    Last edited by SteveNash; 12-07-2012 at 04:29 PM.
    Dwight Howard is a Top 5 Center of All-Time, no one in this league can touch him.

The Orlando Magic are a dominant contender and are a better franchise than I ever thought possible.

Raph12 is always right.

vCash
    he sure was he should be on a couch right now out of the league, but fans and I Guess gms were blinded by 9 games.

The new era begins here...bring it home Deron bring that trophy home

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    he sure was he should be on a couch right now out of the league, but fans and I Guess gms were blinded by 9 games.
    Only thing I can agree with this knob-gobbler about.

Loved his potential, was looking forward to Lin resigning at a reasonable price, to learn from JKidd -- but at that arrogant price, glad that kid walked.

Lin was a fun cartoonish story that helped revitalize a sagging, disappointing team and fanbase, but he was not the reason for their successful string of games. By having that team around a functioning PG better than Toney Douglas and Mike Bibby... that's why he looked so good.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Pretty much this.. The hype was all there with no real NBA substance to back it up.. Sure he had a great run of a few games but eventually landed in reality.. I think the real problem is that he was playing for NY at the time and the media craze really got out of hand.. He's an average player at best who got hot in the right city at the right time.. Superstar player he is not though..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evadatam5150 View Post
    Pretty much this.. The hype was all there with no real NBA substance to back it up.. Sure he had a great run of a few games but eventually landed in reality.. I think the real problem is that he was playing for NY at the time and the media craze really got out of hand.. He's an average player at best who got hot in the right city at the right time.. Superstar player he is not though..
    how does "average player" translate to he should be out of the league (which is what DMF said and you said you agreed)?

i dont think anyone here is claiming he's a superstar, but it's not like he was paid like one. does the deal look bad now? yes, but in a couple months it will look better IMO, and even if he never improves from his numbers right now, it's still not the worst signing in NBA history
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    They were stupid. Even toney Douglas is playing better. Thank God the Knicks didn't match

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    They were stupid. Even toney Douglas is playing better. Thank God the Knicks didn't match

vCash
    Clearly 16 games tell the whole story. I guess Brooklyn should be mad at joe j stealing money from them with his terrible production

Standing on Sacred Ground

When the season starts and the blatant homerism subsides, people will realize the 2 biggest flaws on our team. MAYBE??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PlezPlayDKnicks View Post
    Clearly 16 games tell the whole story. I guess Brooklyn should be mad at joe j stealing money from them with his terrible production
    Who wouldn't be mad Johnson is like one of the top 3 highest paid player in the NBA but don't even get mentioned in the MVP race EVER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKobeBryant View Post
    Who wouldn't be mad Johnson is like one of the top 3 highest paid player in the NBA but don't even get mentioned in the MVP race EVER.
    This is a joke right?... This guy might get MVP's money but he ain't nothing close to being an MVP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JOhnnyTHaJet View Post
    16 games means everything apparently. It decides players careers and championships.
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    It's 16 games...
    Lin starting 25 games was enough to earn $25 mil. Y not judge him now?

Joe Johnson wasn't a free agent.
    Dwight Howard is a Top 5 Center of All-Time, no one in this league can touch him.

The Orlando Magic are a dominant contender and are a better franchise than I ever thought possible.

Raph12 is always right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNash View Post
    Lin starting 25 games was enough to earn $25 mil. Y not judge him now?

Joe Johnson wasn't a free agent.
    You can't fault Lin for being offered that deal, Houston was extremely desperate at the time. It's still early and he's in his first full season as a starter, this talk is quite premature.

Joe Johnson was a free agent when he signed his albatross of a contrract and it's even worse that Brooklyn was willing to take it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    [QUOTE=SteveNash;24627787]Lin starting 25 games was enough to earn $25 mil. Y not judge him now?

this

vCash
    The Nets might as well have signed Lin at $25,000,000

vCash
    Rockets like paying big bucks for unproven players. They like taking risk for ex. harden, lin, asik, some work out some don't.

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast