Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Vogel "coaching for his job"

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014...s-coaching-job

""Vogel, despite a 56-win season that secured the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference, is "coaching for his job" in the wake of a prolonged slide that has stretched into its third month. ""

I think he's safe b/c i believe they'll, at least, reach the ECF. Good coach, IMO. Bird definitely isn't happy.

thoughts....
    Last edited by mjm07; 04-23-2014 at 12:28 PM.

vCash
    As he should be... I like him but his team is in shambles... Yes they won but still look like a shell of their former selves
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

http://twitter.com/TrueNYJetGS

vCash
    Hopefully he gets fired and then the Pistons can somehow grab him.

vCash
    The only reason expectations are so high for this team is because Vogel got them to play basketball WAY above their heads. Look at some of the guys who were in that rotation last year when they pushed Miami to the brink. Jeff Pendergraph? Sam Young?

Paul George got severely overrated based on the Pacers success. Roy Hibbert the same based on his epic playoff performances last year on the biggest stage. Were these guys ever considered franchise changing players before Vogel had them whooping ***? Vogel is going to be a victim of his own success - this team doesn't have the talent, playmakers or, requisite veteran leadership to be a 60 win perennial championship contender. Vogel had them looking like it for awhile though.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 04-23-2014 at 01:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    The only reason expectations are so high for this team is because Vogel got them to play basketball WAY above their heads. Look at some of the guys who were in that rotation last year when they pushed Miami to the brink. Jeff Pendergraph? Sam Young?

Paul George got severely overrated based on the Pacers success. Roy Hibbert the same based on his epic playoff performances last year on the biggest stage. Were these guys ever considered franchise changing players before Vogel had them whooping ***? Vogel is going to be a victim of his own success - this team doesn't have the talent, playmakers of requisite veteran leadership to be a 60 win perennial contender. Vogel had them looking like it for awhile though.
    This. Well said

You mad Bill?!

Let's Go HEAT!!!

vCash
    Pacers: Exposed.

Eisenhower says: SUCK ME.

Equipo De Chupame.

vCash

Paul George got severely overrated based on the Pacers success. Roy Hibbert the same based on his epic playoff performances last year on the biggest stage. Were these guys ever considered franchise changing players before Vogel had them whooping ***? Vogel is going to be a victim of his own success - this team doesn't have the talent, playmakers or, requisite veteran leadership to be a 60 win perennial championship contender. Vogel had them looking like it for awhile though.
    Great post. Losing Granger was a bigger deal than I thought it would it. But thats on Bird. Players like PG and Stephenson have stepped up their games each year though under Vogel. I just don't see the confidence/bravado from earlier in the year. From coach down to the 15th man. But after last night they might've turned it around.

vCash
    Great coach but the locker room appears to be in shambles.

I think you should look to move a few of the ego monsters on the roster before firing a high caliber coach. Truth is this could just be media B.S though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    I don't think I can blame the turmoil of this team on Vogel. He did a great job, it's clearly locker room issues. Vogel has done an excellent job of making the most of what the team has to offer.
    Top 10 Rappers Right Now
    1. Nas 2. Kendrick Lamar 3. Jay-Z 4. J Cole 5. Lupe Fiasco 6. Pusha-T 7. Kanye West 8. Logic 9. Drake 10. Wale

Top 10 Rappers of all-time
    1. 2Pac 2. Nas 3. Rakim 4. Notorious B.I.G. 5. Jay-Z 6. Eminem 7. KRS-One 8. Public Enemy (Chuck D) 9. Common 10. Ice Cube

Follow me, @bharjan

vCash

We have a more talented bench on paper this year, so I don't really get your first point.

Paul George, to me, was never overrated. He had a great first half of the year and was in the MVP discussion and rightfully so. He fell off over time, and nobody could have really predicted that. If he kept up that production would you still be calling him overrated? He was getting talked up at THAT time, I don't think too many people are talking him up like that anymore.

To your point about George and Hibbert not being franchise changers before Vogel: It would be kinda hard considering we had a coach who would not play his young guys. I believe George was in his rookie year when Vogel took over, so it kinda makes sense that he wasn't a franchise guy. The same coach was trying to make Hibbert a skinny center who could run the floor and that's simply not who Hibbert is. Don't get me wrong, I think Vogel had a lot to do with their development, but it's not like these guys were destined to be scrubs or something.

As long as we don't end the playoffs on an embarrassing note, I think Vogel's job is safe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForLife View Post
    We have a more talented bench on paper this year, so I don't really get your first point.

Paul George, to me, was never overrated. He had a great first half of the year and was in the MVP discussion and rightfully so. He fell off over time, and nobody could have really predicted that. If he kept up that production would you still be calling him overrated? He was getting talked up at THAT time, I don't think too many people are talking him up like that anymore.

To your point about George and Hibbert not being franchise changers before Vogel: It would be kinda hard considering we had a coach who would not play his young guys. I believe George was in his rookie year when Vogel took over, so it kinda makes sense that he wasn't a franchise guy. The same coach was trying to make Hibbert a skinny center who could run the floor and that's simply not who Hibbert is. Don't get me wrong, I think Vogel had a lot to do with their development, but it's not like these guys were destined to be scrubs or something.

As long as we don't end the playoffs on an embarrassing note, I think Vogel's job is safe.

After these pics, George never been the same!

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    I think if they lose in Rd. 1 or Rd. 2 Vogel will be fired. His job should be safe though if they make the East finals.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjm07 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014...s-coaching-job

""Vogel, despite a 56-win season that secured the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference, is "coaching for his job" in the wake of a prolonged slide that has stretched into its third month. ""

I think he's safe b/c i believe they'll, at least, reach the ECF. Good coach, IMO. Bird definitely isn't happy.

thoughts....
    To be honest at first I thought this would be the case. But after listening to some of the differing opinions on local radio I don't buy into this. The only way Vogel is shown the door is if they somehow choose Lance over Vogel if Lance makes it known that he can't get along with him. That is the only way one of the local guys said they see Vogel being shown the door. Because Lance is Larry's guy. Bird thinks he has a great chance of being the best guy on the roster.

I think the team you saw last night in the second half finally started to show their pride. That (hopefully) they are getting sick and tired of getting beaten by clearly inferior competition. Problem is which team shows up tomorrow night remains to be seen. If they show up and smack the Hawks around again then it will be a bit safer to say they are back.

vCash
    I think overpaying Hibbert started their downfall.

vCash
    Pistons will gladly take him. I think bringing in Bynum and Turner was their biggest issue, Granger was a great locker room presence and that speaks wonders, so game statistics don't mean anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast