Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the Raps start at PF and Centre?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jonas & Bargs

3 10.34%
  • Johnson & Bargs

3 10.34%
  • Johnson & Davis

3 10.34%
  • Jonas & Davis

20 68.97%
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah, this is just getting embarrassing. They need to make a GM move before BC makes a desperation move (I'm looking at you Gasol).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Yeah, this is just getting embarrassing. They need to make a GM move before BC makes a desperation move (I'm looking at you Gasol).
    you are correct..... sort of

i have no issue with what i believe to be buying extremely low on Gasol. but i do worry that Bryan Colangelo will do something desperate where he will pay full price and keep us mediocre for the next 5 years.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 12-08-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzo400 View Post
    I think we are in the worst position right now of all the young teams in the league. Our main players are locked in for a few years, nothing appears to be working. Yes we have Jonas and Ross, but that could be said with any of the young teams. They all have a couple of promising young players (ex: Detroit- Monroe, Drummond, NO-Anthony Davis, Austin Rivers, high draft pick this year etc....

The only difference is we have been losing for years and nothing appears to be working, Our main guys are simply not enough to make this a winning team, which should also tell you that perhaps they shouldn't be the go to guys (nothing against Derozan because he has worked his butt off and played pretty well this year) but still.

The way things are going the only thing we can pray for is that we end up getting a top third pick. If we get the fourth lol i swear i'm going to go crazy
    we only have one player with allstar potential BC rushed the rebuild i don't even blame him the raptors should have either let him go OR gave him a multi year extension so he didn't have to make desperation moves. This is getting sad for us lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    we only have one player with allstar potential BC rushed the rebuild i don't even blame him the raptors should have either let him go OR gave him a multi year extension so he didn't have to make desperation moves. This is getting sad for us lol.
    Agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    you are correct..... sort of

i have no issue with what i believe to be buying extremely low on Gasol. but i do worry that Bryan Colangelo will do something desperate where he will pay full price and keep us mediocre for the next 5 years.
    I see what you're saying. Getting Gasol using Bargs + Fields is not too bad since Gasol comes off the books before them. However including Calderon should be a no no. Same with any young players.

vCash
    again, i agree here... sort of. if they didn't have full confidence in him they shouldn't have extended BC. so was it a poor choice? probably. but as long as i am under contract as GM i am supposed to be making decisions that are in the best interest of building a long term success so it's no excuse. to say that he is forced to make desperation moves is pretty weak.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I see what you're saying. Getting Gasol using Bargs + Fields is not too bad since Gasol comes off the books before them. However including Calderon should be a no no. Same with any young players.
    even Andrea and Jose seems like a steal to me. collecting mediocre players won't get us anywhere. a player of Pau's caliber brings credibility and vet leadership that this team desperately needs right now. and jose expires this year so if he wants to return he is always welcome in my books.

vCash
    the issue isn't the length of the contract, really. a GM in the last year of his deal is always a risk to make short term decisions rather than taking the long view. if he was given a 7 year deal instead of 2, and in the 7th season we were terrible would he be any less likely to make a move to try and save his job? i don't believe so.

vCash
    Well at least Acy played good last night in the D league .

vCash
    I don't know if he rushed the rebuild but I think it's more of just being unlucky and not being terrible enough. We always get BS'd in the lottery, and the GSW tank/coin flip thing was just complete crap...

The last 5 years we've been in the worst place you can be in the NBA. Not a playoff team, but not terrible enough to get a top 3 pick. We're consistently a bottom 6-10 team in the NBA and with draft picks in the 5-13 spot it's mostly a crapshoot, hoping you get the best player in that bunch. I guarantee this year we'll end up in that same position, except this time OKC has our pick...

there isn't much hope at all in the near future....

vCash
    I'm hoping that Stefanski can do a better job as GM than Bryan Colangelo. He built NJ back in the day and he also assembled the Sixers squad now. I'm hoping that the next GM goes into full rebuild and the Raps tank hard next season in an effort to get Wiggins.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    I'm hoping that Stefanski can do a better job as GM than Bryan Colangelo. He built NJ back in the day and he also assembled the Sixers squad now. I'm hoping that the next GM goes into full rebuild and the Raps tank hard next season in an effort to get Wiggins.
    meh...the Sixers aren't all that. Jrue was a good find for him but I'm not impressed with anything else. Turner was an obvious pick at #2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    who was the guy who built the blazers? i really liked his moves.. also for a coaching move it would be awesome if we got nate macmillian hes a no BS coach that gets alot out of young teams. did we fire triano or did he resign?

vCash
    who was the guy who built the blazers? i really liked his moves.. also for a coaching move it would be awesome if we got nate macmillian hes a no BS coach that gets alot out of young teams. did we fire triano or did he resign?
    I'm not really sold on MacMillian. He plays at an excruciatingly slow pace.

Ric Cho built the Blazers, he's on the Bobcats now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    I'm not really sold on MacMillian. He plays at an excruciatingly slow pace.

Ric Cho built the Blazers, he's on the Bobcats now.

lol i remember they were such a young team but played so slow

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast