Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who should the Raps start at PF and Centre?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jonas & Bargs

    3 10.34%
  • Johnson & Bargs

    3 10.34%
  • Johnson & Davis

    3 10.34%
  • Jonas & Davis

    20 68.97%
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 354
  1. #316
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pandora
    Posts
    15,190
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jsumadchat View Post
    this is the weird part.... you totally disagreed with what i said there, but i DO understand what you said here. however, there ARE only a handful of coaches that have that effect OUTSIDE of the coaches you listed.

    i agree, and i disagree with the authoritarian coach part. i feel like that can be an absolute double edged sword if played incorrectly. my only example off the top would be the OKC thunder. look at em now, with brooks who has integrated a nice little system over there. but look at em on the come up. carlesimo was that authoritarian type coach and look at the start they got off to one year and he got canned. he absolutely lost his team down there and i think casey is really trying to blur the line between the two.

    i'll give him this.... he is definitely in tough.
    Well i mean authoritarian in the sense that you have to hold your players to a high standard and implement and enforce a system. Carleisimo clearly had issues with that since he endured the whole sprewell incident too so i think that was more so the coach being the problem than the players.

  2. #317
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    36,936
    vCash
    1255
    Quote Originally Posted by CB29 View Post
    The pick that we're giving OKC is top 3 protected right? Or is it only top 2?

    top 3


  3. #318
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pandora
    Posts
    15,190
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    We were realistic, we thought we'd make the playoffs and our team won the division for us, how much more realistic were we supposed to be??

    I agree this years team, there was a lot of hype but once again people only hoped for a 6-8 playoff seed, it's not like we expected to take down the Heat just to make playoffs.

    But this was when we thought Casey would improve on what he did last year not take a step back as a coach.


    I know what your saying, but its not blind optimism there actually is legitimate reasons for it.


    When Lowry was hurt Lucas was the backup no?? We only need a backup PG for like 10-15 minutes a game because Lowry can play the rest.

    We already have 2 possible guys to start over Bargnani in Amir and Ed. Bargnani can go he's only bringing us down.

    Well maybe their value isn't high, remember BC almost traded Calderon for Chandler and we know what happened then. It has to be the market isn't high for Calderon and teams probably aren't willing to pay up for him.

    Bargnani I have no idea why he hasn't let him go, maybe doesn't want to see him succeed elsewhere and get ripped a new one by fans here??
    The thing with bargnani is that he'd be an excellent addition to a team where he isn't a focal point which he is here. I think Bargnani in the right situation is a borderline all star. He'd be downright scary playing for Pop in SA.

  4. #319
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,470
    vCash
    1500
    That top 3 part is crucial.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  5. #320
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pandora
    Posts
    15,190
    vCash
    1500
    Well the way this season is going, we're likely to keep that pick then. Though we're only 6 games out of a playoff spot.

  6. #321
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pandora
    Posts
    15,190
    vCash
    1500
    anyways, i'm gonna head to bed. This game and conversation has weighed heavily on me and i need a good nights sleep to overcome the pain lol.

    Later guys.

  7. #322
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CB29 View Post
    Well the way this season is going, we're likely to keep that pick then. Though we're only 6 games out of a playoff spot.
    That's the problem with this team, guys like Kleiza, Alan Anderson and Ben Uzoh are going to start helping us win games later in the season like they did last year just watch.

    Happens every year some guys we expect to have good years and have big roles play like crap in the beginning then when were out of the race they start helping us win games.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  8. #323
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    toronto....REX
    Posts
    4,997
    vCash
    1500
    With all the coaches we have had that came in and eventually got fired the two things that were consistent no one really seems to mention this much is all those teams had Calderon and Andrea. This is why BC should be fired if he doesn't want to get rid of these guys.

  9. #324
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    perth australia
    Posts
    9,616
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    That's the problem with this team, guys like Kleiza, Alan Anderson and Ben Uzoh are going to start helping us win games later in the season like they did last year just watch.

    Happens every year some guys we expect to have good years and have big roles play like crap in the beginning then when were out of the race they start helping us win games.
    well this is the depressing truth

  10. #325
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    toronto....REX
    Posts
    4,997
    vCash
    1500
    Don't worry guys Fields will save us.

  11. #326
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,265
    vCash
    1500
    I think we are in the worst position right now of all the young teams in the league. Our main players are locked in for a few years, nothing appears to be working. Yes we have Jonas and Ross, but that could be said with any of the young teams. They all have a couple of promising young players (ex: Detroit- Monroe, Drummond, NO-Anthony Davis, Austin Rivers, high draft pick this year etc....

    The only difference is we have been losing for years and nothing appears to be working, Our main guys are simply not enough to make this a winning team, which should also tell you that perhaps they shouldn't be the go to guys (nothing against Derozan because he has worked his butt off and played pretty well this year) but still.

    The way things are going the only thing we can pray for is that we end up getting a top third pick. If we get the fourth lol i swear i'm going to go crazy

  12. #327
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    36,936
    vCash
    1255
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzo400 View Post
    I think we are in the worst position right now of all the young teams in the league. Our main players are locked in for a few years, nothing appears to be working. Yes we have Jonas and Ross, but that could be said with any of the young teams. They all have a couple of promising young players (ex: Detroit- Monroe, Drummond, NO-Anthony Davis, Austin Rivers, high draft pick this year etc....

    The only difference is we have been losing for years and nothing appears to be working, Our main guys are simply not enough to make this a winning team, which should also tell you that perhaps they shouldn't be the go to guys (nothing against Derozan because he has worked his butt off and played pretty well this year) but still.

    The way things are going the only thing we can pray for is that we end up getting a top third pick. If we get the fourth lol i swear i'm going to go crazy
    yea nothing tends to pan out for us. none of the coaches are capable, none of the players improve significantly, none of the gm's are able to bring enough talent in via trade or FA, and if they do bring players in, they just don't seem to fit or make the team better. It's like we're trapped on an island and can't escape. I don't even know wtf to do...so ****in disappointing.


  13. #328
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Invalid
    Posts
    1,377
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CB29 View Post
    Well the way this season is going, we're likely to keep that pick then. Though we're only 6 games out of a playoff spot.
    I bet we'll get 1-3 in the lottery and we would get David Sterned and come out with the fourth, just because were the Raptors
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

  14. #329
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    5,031
    vCash
    2633
    Last night's game =

  15. #330
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,897
    vCash
    1500
    this organization needs a makeover from top to bottom, and badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •