Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who should the Raps start at PF and Centre?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jonas & Bargs

    3 10.34%
  • Johnson & Bargs

    3 10.34%
  • Johnson & Davis

    3 10.34%
  • Jonas & Davis

    20 68.97%
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 354
  1. #301
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,271
    vCash
    1500
    Was at a party, just saw the scoreboard

    Oh this team...

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jsumadchat View Post
    again, im not necessarily defending him, i just think its not all on him. IF i had to put a blame on anyone it would be jose and andrea. i was nauseated by them amount of threes allowed tonight because of THEIR poor rotations and getting blown by.
    Were just going to go in circles with this argument because the same things your putting the blame on all go back to the head coach.

    The head coach is supposed to diagnose the weaknesses and fix em, which is his biggest fault.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,887
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Well your proving my point even more tell Ink this.

    He added Garbajosa, Rasho and some nice glue guys. We won the division but fans aren't expected to be exited?? What an asinine statement.
    No one said not to be excited. You can be excited and realistic at the same time. I was excited for the new team to play, even though I didn't think they'd be that great. They were unproven, they hadn't played a game, and there were big question marks. Same with all the other speculation about how GREAT the next team is going to be. We don't have to go up and down like yo yo's.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,197
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    Derozan called Hollinger a clown for setting the over/under at 33 wins . Now who looks like the damn clown?
    Lol I completely forgot about that. So much for using him as motivation.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pandora
    Posts
    15,190
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jsumadchat View Post
    i'd honestly say his impact on the team has been indifferent. they are young guys trying to learn the game, a new system for a lot of them, and they are mostly totally inexperienced. in particular, he understands he needs to have andrea on the floor in order to:

    A, boost his value
    B, 'space the floor'
    C, have someone out there that can drain a shot

    negatively, my biggest gripe with him has been the rotations. i would love to see more of jonas trying to play through his foul troubles and getting a better shot at staying in the flow of the game. i would also love to see the ball move THROUGH jonas much more and sacrifice some offence by pairing him with amir or ed.

    in terms of having an actual effect on the game, i think very few coaches do. i dont think theres anymore he can do than to talk to his guys. if they dont get it and are incapable of following direction, is it really his fault?
    I absolutely disagree with that last paragraph. Most coaches are the rason for the team's success and lack of success. Pop, Phil Jack, Thibs, Mike Woodson, Doug collins etc. all integrate a specific system. What is the system here? Pound the Rock? What the hell does that even mean?

    The core of this team is young. Even mitchell had a system. He had a swagger to him. Play tough or gtfo. Casey is too lackadaisical in his system. I don't know what to expect. I feel that with a young roster there needs to be a completely authoritarian coach that tells everyone exactly where they need to be and place everyone in a position of strength. Half the time, there's like 10 seconds and the offense is in disarray and someone has to force a shot. You can't have freeflow on a young team. Pick and roll is not a go-to play. It's a hurry up offensive set hwoever it seems to be the main ploy for our offense cause it's what the players are running cause thats what they know and also because there's no set play that coach is calling. This also cause a lack of space because players don't know where they have to be positioned in each play. I feel like Casey's system is chaos.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,642
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jsumadchat;246[B
    33464]again, im not necessarily defending him, i just think its not all on him. IF i had to put a blame on anyone it would be jose and andrea. i was nauseated by the amount of threes allowed tonight because of THEIR poor rotations and getting blown by[/B].
    that sounds about right

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    perth australia
    Posts
    9,628
    vCash
    1500
    i thought hollinger gave him a horrible scouting report than derozan took offense to that?

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pandora
    Posts
    15,190
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Overrating which prospects??
    Every respected writer or media person proclaims the Jays as a top 5 system. It's not like I'm talking ****, I'm just stating facts. We have tons of youth not only in the system but on our team.

    Thats exactly it, Leafs are a goalie away from actually being a playoff type team. It's just hard getting a good goalie in hockey which is the big problem.

    Agreed with the 5 year part, or even some sorta improvements in the 5 years but when you think about it we've gotten worse in 5 years with BC than improved each year lol.

    Did he really
    I'm not gonna argue about the Jays here but i will say that don't count your chickens before they hatch.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,982
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Were just going to go in circles with this argument because the same things your putting the blame on all go back to the head coach.

    The head coach is supposed to diagnose the weaknesses and fix em, which is his biggest fault.
    but its a lesser of two evils. would you rather have lucas backing up lowry, or jose? same with andrea. at what point does casey draw the line with his offensive ability and defensive liability. MAYBE, he thinks its better to play them because he knows of what they CAN do offensively, and he knows he isnt the best coach in that regard. but then again, that leads back to his highly regarded defensive schemes getting shitted on by these two. now it brings you to BC. why does he keep these guys? maybe because no one else wants them, who knows? a lot of the personnel on this team dont appear to fit what casey wants to do, yet appear to be 'colangelo guys'.

    2015 is OURS!
    #WeTheNorth

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    perth australia
    Posts
    9,628
    vCash
    1500
    so

    lowry derozan ross ed davis bargnani this was probably the best most successful lineup i have watched this season.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pandora
    Posts
    15,190
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Well, when there's almost literally NO ONE at SF, a SG with suspect fundamentals and whose spot seemed tenuous with the drafting of another SG in Ross, and an absolutely green C in the starting rotation, it shouldn't be a big surprise that the team was not ranked very highly. Add in everyone's favourite whipping boy at PF and that just leaves a PG who has been injured a lot and isn't that much of a facilitator.
    The biggest problem I feel was the lack of a system. Lowry looked like the perfect fit but he also greatly benefited from a system such as the one implemented by Rick Adelman back in Houston. The parts don't really fit here. Everyone on this team is a volume shooter. There's no real efficiency here and then there isn't enough variation in the bigs. Val, Ed, Amir and Bargs have a very similar body style. They're all skinny and mobile. No one takes up space or is particular lengthy. The wings i don't even want to start with. We have no consistent 3 point shooters. We were a top 4 point shooting team a few years ago and omg look at the dropoff. All of our specialty players have the exact same specialty. The roster is very muddled.

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,982
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CB29 View Post
    I absolutely disagree with that last paragraph. Most coaches are the rason for the team's success and lack of success. Pop, Phil Jack, Thibs, Mike Woodson, Doug collins etc. all integrate a specific system. What is the system here? Pound the Rock? What the hell does that even mean?

    The core of this team is young. Even mitchell had a system. He had a swagger to him. Play tough or gtfo. Casey is too lackadaisical in his system. I don't know what to expect. I feel that with a young roster there needs to be a completely authoritarian coach that tells everyone exactly where they need to be and place everyone in a position of strength. Half the time, there's like 10 seconds and the offense is in disarray and someone has to force a shot. You can't have freeflow on a young team. Pick and roll is not a go-to play. It's a hurry up offensive set hwoever it seems to be the main ploy for our offense cause it's what the players are running cause thats what they know and also because there's no set play that coach is calling. This also cause a lack of space because players don't know where they have to be positioned in each play. I feel like Casey's system is chaos.

    this is the weird part.... you totally disagreed with what i said there, but i DO understand what you said here. however, there ARE only a handful of coaches that have that effect OUTSIDE of the coaches you listed.

    i agree, and i disagree with the authoritarian coach part. i feel like that can be an absolute double edged sword if played incorrectly. my only example off the top would be the OKC thunder. look at em now, with brooks who has integrated a nice little system over there. but look at em on the come up. carlesimo was that authoritarian type coach and look at the start they got off to one year and he got canned. he absolutely lost his team down there and i think casey is really trying to blur the line between the two.

    i'll give him this.... he is definitely in tough.

    2015 is OURS!
    #WeTheNorth

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    No one said not to be excited. You can be excited and realistic at the same time. I was excited for the new team to play, even though I didn't think they'd be that great. They were unproven, they hadn't played a game, and there were big question marks. Same with all the other speculation about how GREAT the next team is going to be. We don't have to go up and down like yo yo's.
    We were realistic, we thought we'd make the playoffs and our team won the division for us, how much more realistic were we supposed to be??

    I agree this years team, there was a lot of hype but once again people only hoped for a 6-8 playoff seed, it's not like we expected to take down the Heat just to make playoffs.

    But this was when we thought Casey would improve on what he did last year not take a step back as a coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by CB29 View Post
    I'm not gonna argue about the Jays here but i will say that don't count your chickens before they hatch.
    I know what your saying, but its not blind optimism there actually is legitimate reasons for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsumadchat View Post
    but its a lesser of two evils. would you rather have lucas backing up lowry, or jose? same with andrea. at what point does casey draw the line with his offensive ability and defensive liability. MAYBE, he thinks its better to play them because he knows of what they CAN do offensively, and he knows he isnt the best coach in that regard. but then again, that leads back to his highly regarded defensive schemes getting shitted on by these two. now it brings you to BC. why does he keep these guys? maybe because no one else wants them, who knows? a lot of the personnel on this team dont appear to fit what casey wants to do, yet appear to be 'colangelo guys'.
    When Lowry was hurt Lucas was the backup no?? We only need a backup PG for like 10-15 minutes a game because Lowry can play the rest.

    We already have 2 possible guys to start over Bargnani in Amir and Ed. Bargnani can go he's only bringing us down.

    Well maybe their value isn't high, remember BC almost traded Calderon for Chandler and we know what happened then. It has to be the market isn't high for Calderon and teams probably aren't willing to pay up for him.

    Bargnani I have no idea why he hasn't let him go, maybe doesn't want to see him succeed elsewhere and get ripped a new one by fans here??


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pandora
    Posts
    15,190
    vCash
    1500
    The pick that we're giving OKC is top 3 protected right? Or is it only top 2?

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,093
    vCash
    1500
    Burke is even worse than BC, at least BC didn't give up 2 1st rounders and a 2nd pick.

    The Leafs are 5 years back and Burke needs to get the **** out. I stopped watching the leafs after that trade and converted to watching the Raps.

    With the way this season is going I'm gonna convert again to... Curling? Lol
    LEAFS, CHELSEA FC, RAPTORS, BLUE JAYS, COWBOYS

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •