Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

comparing sanchez and dempster over last 3 years (stats)

Red Sox Stats ‏@redsoxstats
    Anibal Sanchez and Ryan Dempster's numbers over the last three seasons: http://i.imgur.com/s28kW.jpg

vCash
    other then age, not much difference

vCash
    Yeah, because of the extremely weak FA class, whoever signs Sanchez is overpaying big time. I think Dempster will be decent here. As long as his ERA is 3.80-4.15 and he's eating innings, I'll be alright with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Yeah, because of the extremely weak FA class, whoever signs Sanchez is overpaying big time. I think Dempster will be decent here. As long as his ERA is 3.80-4.15 and he's eating innings, I'll be alright with him.
    Really dont understand the hate on him. Last year was the first time in the past 5 years he hasnt hit 200 IP. If he can come close to 200 innings and a 4.00 ERA then waht more can you ask from a middle of the rotation pitcher???? If we can get him on a 2 year deal then I think thats a pretty good signing considering the alternatives.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    Really dont understand the hate on him. Last year was the first time in the past 5 years he hasnt hit 200 IP. If he can come close to 200 innings and a 4.00 ERA then waht more can you ask from a middle of the rotation pitcher???? If we can get him on a 2 year deal then I think thats a pretty good signing considering the alternatives.
    Just remember, that all things being equal a NL pitcher with a 4.00 ERA, gets a 4.20 in the AL. If you go back about 4 years it was more like .4.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    No hate here, im happy with the news as long as we keep it to two years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Just remember, that all things being equal a NL pitcher with a 4.00 ERA, gets a 4.20 in the AL. If you go back about 4 years it was more like .4.
    Even at 4.20 and 170+ innings I'll take it if its for 2 years.

vCash
    Even at 4.20 and 170+ innings I'll take it if its for 2 years.
    Yeah. That's basically a Lackey sort of year.

Somebody said something about Lackey earlier. LAA might actually be interested in him. Ells and Lackey as well. I'd pick clean their farm system for those 3 guys no problem whatever.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash

Somebody said something about Lackey earlier. LAA might actually be interested in him. Ells and Lackey as well. I'd pick clean their farm system for those 3 guys no problem whatever.
    Absolutely. Anytime we can rid ourselves of a problem pitcher and a high priced free agent who doesn't want to be here for a boatload of prospects its a good day.

vCash

Are you saying Ells to LAA? No way is that realistic. They dont have the money to even attempt to extend him and their system is depleted as is because of Greinke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Are you saying Ells to LAA? No way is that realistic. They dont have the money to even attempt to extend him and their system is depleted as is because of Greinke.
    It was basically a joke - but.

But Lackey would fit well over there with ZG and Haren gone. His AAV isn't bad.

They could use a catcher with a bat (Salty is cheap)

Ells? Morales has one more year of control, I'd deal him, move Albert to 1B full time (had games at DH and 3B), Hamilton to DH right away. Ells in LF, with Trout in CF and Wells in RF. It's possible. I'd be happy to eat some of Ells dough for higher range specs. Then LAA turns around and gets a pick when someone signs Ells away next year. Not likely but not crazy either.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-13-2012 at 06:33 PM.

vCash
    Sanchez deal is rumored to be in the 5/75 range, 15m AAV. I told you he wasn't getting 21m and he's not "cashing in". I would have taken that deal for Sanchez. Just wanted to get that off my chest...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    Sanchez deal is rumored to be in the 5/75 range, 15m AAV. I told you he wasn't getting 21m and he's not "cashing in". I would have taken that deal for Sanchez. Just wanted to get that off my chest...
    I'm glad for you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    5 years for $80M. While $16M per is reasonable based off his last 3 years, this is for 5 years. He'll be 34.5 at the end of the 5 years. He's a small guy at 5' 11" and 205 lbs. Look up how many IP's guys his size average throwing since 1988 in their 30's, it's not pretty.

For 5 years it's basically the same deal as Lackey (5/82.5) and Beckett (4/68) got last time around - but both have done more historically beforehand the contracts than Sanchez. Lackey was seen as borderline 1B/2A pitcher, and Lackey a 1A/1B. Sanchez has done nothing to be seen as more then a 2B at best and more likely a 3A or 3.

He's got 190 something innings pitched his last 3 years with meh ERA+ of:

117, 106, 105 - with adjusted ERA's of: 3.58, 4.00, 4.19. Nice trend. Impressive is an adjective that does not come to mind. Neither is value.

It's too much money at those years.

You probably should have waited on that snark...

vCash
    Bags u need a life man. WE HAVE MONEY!!! dont u get that!!! we can pay him 40 a year for 6 years and itd be worth it. WHY? because we have a pitcher who can pitch in the AL and can dominate. END of story. Go look up some WAR stats cause thats gonna do a lot for everyone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast