• Increases The Importance Of The WWE Title

8 24.24%
  • Decreases The Importance Of The WWE Title

13 39.39%
  • Neither - stays the same

12 36.36%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    The belt is only important when the WWE treats it that way. For most of Punks run it wasn't seen as the main event on Raw or the PPV's.

All the titles including TNA's titles are props and have been for a long time.

They don't run story lines for the belts. They are usually the after thought in every storyline or in most cases are involved in throw away matches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    So just because they are legends they should get a match just because they asked? What about Flair/Hogan/Sting/Booker/Foley/Hart all asked for championship matches would you give ti to them too? I couldn't disagree more. If Im in the back it basically tells me " Your good enough to be int he lockeroom but your not good enough to fight for the belt over a part-time or one match guy".....
    if your able to compete, in shape to compete, willing to show up for enough events and your one of the greatest of all time yes i believe that

he beat cena at WM to so beating cena should equal worthy enough for a title shot

plus his promo work i include into deserving for a title run as i do for regular full time employers....like ziggler he already has the case but i think his backstage segment with cena/aj the one in the locker room was zigglers best promo to date and that could propell him to a title run if he keeps his promo work to somewhere around that level for an extended period of time

First Sim League Title!

vCash
    For me it does nothing but for the company it boost it. The title gets more publicity and people that don't watch will and people who are pissed rock won it most on here will want it off him. Either way it makes the title more noticeable and adds Bauer to the wwe

vCash

WWE: If the Rock Wins the WWE Title at The Royal Rumble...

Decrease. He beats punk, and it just looks like the guys of 2012 can not cut it with the guys from the 90s. How can you sell your product as being the best in 2012 when you're making them job to guys that aren't wrestlers anymore? It tells the fans that 1999 was better. It's dumb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Decrease. He beats punk, and it just looks like the guys of 2012 can not cut it with the guys from the 90s. How can you sell your product as being the best in 2012 when you're making them job to guys that aren't wrestlers anymore? It tells the fans that 1999 was better. It's dumb.
    The fans already know 99 was better and the cena fans are to young and stupid to know the message being sent

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    I don't like the idea of Rock winning the belt. I don't even like the fact he is getting a title shot. I would have been ok with him being in the Rumble and actually winning and earning the shot at Mania.

Hopefully Punk goes over Rock. If Rock wins I doubt he will even defend it until Mania and we won't see him on very many Raws.

vCash
    It depends if he's willing to defend it twice before WM. The rule is you have to defend every 30 days. If he doesn't do that it does decrease the "value" IMO. Kind of like how the WHC being 1st on the show every WM makes it almost irrelevant. If Rock wins the belt and defends the belt it increases the value IMO. So my answer is depends LOL.

vCash
    i don't think it'd decrease the meaning of the belt but it'd make the current superstars look like scrubs if the Rock can win the title and walk away for several weeks and not have to defend it at EC. makes him look 'holier than thou'.
    Last edited by Sadds The Gr8; 12-08-2012 at 02:17 AM.

vCash
    I don't wanna see Rock win the Royal Rumble because we have no idea what his movie schedule is like and if he's not going to be on RAW every week as Champion why have him even win the match?

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    i don't think it'd decrease the meaning of the belt but it'd make the current superstars look like scrubs if the Rock can win the title and walk away for several weeks and not have to defend it at EC. makes him look 'holier than thou'.
    That is my main problem (outside of not knowing Rock's schedule) with the way the wwe went about this. Rock (and Undertaker to some degree) is like a third power within wwe. He just showed up one night, proclaimed he had a title shot at the RR, and left.

Why not find some way for him to earn it or have him be involved in a storyline. Originally, AJ was suppose to have appointed Rock as a challenger for the wwe title at the RR as a way of getting back at Punk, but wwe got lazy and nixed the idea.

That being said, its impossible for Rock to devalue the title. The entire product is devalued right now (both before and after the 3 hour format) in th ratings. Rock (and the other WM part timers) can only help that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    I have no problem with him winning it, if, and only if he comes back to wrestle every week. I mean they let Ryback have title shots without earning them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    That is my main problem (outside of not knowing Rock's schedule) with the way the wwe went about this. Rock (and Undertaker to some degree) is like a third power within wwe. He just showed up one night, proclaimed he had a title shot at the RR, and left.

Why not find some way for him to earn it or have him be involved in a storyline. Originally, AJ was suppose to have appointed Rock as a challenger for the wwe title at the RR as a way of getting back at Punk, but wwe got lazy and nixed the idea.

That being said, its impossible for Rock to devalue the title. The entire product is devalued right now (both before and after the 3 hour format) in th ratings. Rock (and the other WM part timers) can only help that.
    Which is why I thought it was a better idea for Rock to say he is going to enter the Rumble and earn a title shot at mania. He could have won the Rumble and faced Punk at mania for the title. I'm sure part of the reasoning is they wanted two singles matches out of Rock, but I would rather see him in the actual Rumble and face Punk later then face Punk first and then maybe Cena again.

vCash
    I'd rather see him in the Rumble too. I think they should've done that and kept him as a surprise entrant.

vCash
    I actually think if the Rock beats Punk for the title, then it shows me how pathetic the WWE roster currently is. You have a guy leading your company that will more than likely, not appear live on Raw most of the time; will not wrestle at house shows or PPV's until WrestleMania, etc.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I actually think if the Rock beats Punk for the title, then it shows me how pathetic the WWE roster currently is. You have a guy leading your company that will more than likely, not appear live on Raw most of the time; will not wrestle at house shows or PPV's until WrestleMania, etc.
    I certainly wouldn't rule it out. It could go either way really. It is a very tough match to predict because I could see a scenario for both. I don't think Rock should win, but I can see WWE going that route.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast