Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Raul Ibanez to the Mariners...things are starting to fall into place. Hopefully Swisher makes up his mind soon and HOPEFULLY he finds that the Tribe is the right place for him!

vCash
    Swisher apparently prefers to play with the Dodgers, Angels or Yankees but none of them have the room or the money to give to Swisher right now. It honestly might come down to the fact the Indians are his only serious suitor. Also from what I understand the Indians put on quite a visit for him, including a video from Thad Matta (OSU basketball coach) telling him to come home. Obviously you shouldn't get ahead of yourself but there is reason to believe he could be an Indian next season.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Mark Feinsand is reporting tribe signed swisher. 4 year 56 mil with 5th year vesting option of 14 million. making the contract worth $70 mil. wow. that's a lot of money for a player on this team. i think they overpaid. not sure he is worth that kind of dough. for that kind of money, i'm surprised they couldn't resign choo. those were the figures i figured he would be. very interesting.

just in case you were wondering what swisher's career #s were:
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...wishni01.shtml

vCash
    i think if your gonna give that kind of money to someone you have to know what your getting.. with swisher you know. he's been the model of consistancey his entire career. the only thing i wish is if your gonna give swisher 5yr 70mil, why not go after bj upton whos young since he got 5yr 75mil? none the less i like the move adding swisher to the lineup. doubt anyone agrees but we could compete for the central if a starter or 2 bounces back to decent..

2B-Jason Kipnis
    SS-Asdrubal Cabrera
    RF-Nick Swisher
    C-Carlos Santana
    LF-Michael Brantley
    1B-Mark Reynolds
    DH-???
    3B-Lonnie Chisenhall
    CF-Drew Stubbs

i like that lineup especially if we add a carlos lee type on the cheap to DH

The start of something great to come in Carolina, bring on the haters!

vCash
    I like this off season for the Tribe. Basically the same team going into next season only with upgrading Choo with Swisher and Cotchman with Reynolds while adding Drew Stubbs, Trevor Bauer and some solid bullpen arms. Depending on who they bring in to DH, the Tribe should have a much better offense in 2013. Like what was said above, if Ubaldo or Masterson can level out and have a good season this team should be right in the thick of things for the division title.

I'm not sure what his price tag will be but I think Delmon Young would be a nice fill in at DH. He's decent in the field as well.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Nice pick up! Didn't see this going through but it looks like no other teams would match the offer. Overall I'm impressed with the Tribes off-season. The line up is much better than last season.

vCash
    Welcome to Cleveland Nick!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthers4life View Post
    i think if your gonna give that kind of money to someone you have to know what your getting.. with swisher you know. he's been the model of consistancey his entire career. the only thing i wish is if your gonna give swisher 5yr 70mil, why not go after bj upton whos young since he got 5yr 75mil? none the less i like the move adding swisher to the lineup. doubt anyone agrees but we could compete for the central if a starter or 2 bounces back to decent..

2B-Jason Kipnis
    SS-Asdrubal Cabrera
    RF-Nick Swisher
    C-Carlos Santana
    LF-Michael Brantley
    1B-Mark Reynolds
    DH-???
    3B-Lonnie Chisenhall
    CF-Drew Stubbs

i like that lineup especially if we add a carlos lee type on the cheap to DH
    That line-up is MUCH better than last year...would be nice to have a true leadoff hitter, though. I think that Kipnis is geared towards being a 2 hitter with a combo of speed and power...needs to hit for higher average, though.

Would love to see Stubbs hit .270+ and have him at leadoff...just makes the line-up more potent in my opinion.

CF Stubbs RH
    2B Kipnis LH
    SS Cabrera SH
    RF Swisher SH
    C Santana SH
    LF Brantley LF
    1B Reynolds RH
    3B Chisenhall LH
    DH...wouldn't be opposed to bringing Hafner back for low $$$ (low risk...high reward) now that we have more versatility in the batting order in terms of balance between RH and LH hitters. Would still like to see someone with a lot less injury history than Hafner...but if he wanted to stay and was cleared medically, wouldn't be terrible. OR...even James Thome to return to being a true DH (sounds crazy, I know). Carlos Lee wouldn't be bad...but he only hit 9 HR last year, but he did still drive in 77 runs. The DH position could also be a spot that is addressed via trade (extra OF/1B type player that would allow to rest players with a DH day)...as there aren't too many viable options available via free agency.

I may actually BUY tickets this year as opposed to waiting for free tickets as I have for the past couple years!

vCash
    Players Nick Swisher has outproduced offensively over last 3 seasons:

Nick Swisher (.367 wOBA/129 wRC+)

R. Zimmerman (.364/128)
    D. Wright (.363/130)
    Granderson (.362/126)
    Choo (.362/131)
    Teixeira (.360/123)
    Gordon (.359/125)
    J. Upton (.359/120)
    Bruce (.355/120)

He's good defensively too, grading out as a + defender with good range.

He has had a higher WAR over the last 2 seasons (7.7) than BJ Upton (7.5), Adam Jones (7.5), Corey Hart (7.0), Hunter Pence (6.5), Andre Ethier (6.3)

We just picked up a very solid player. Very happy Tribe fan here
    Last edited by iAugust; 12-23-2012 at 01:14 PM.

vCash
    Just think of the prospects the Indians can get if they trade Swisher! No wonder Antonetti and Shapiro wanted him so badly. My bet is he will be gone before this season's deadline.

vCash
    WOW...some people just can't be pleased! Disappoints me with a name like "FeartheRoo", as I am also a Zip...what more do you want the front office to do? They have been VERY aggressive this offseason, and I will be the first to commend them for that as this is the first offseason that I have felt that way. Kudos to the Dolans for supplying Tribe fans with a very nice Christmas present AND....as a result, will PROBABLY sell a lot more tickets this year!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheRoo View Post
    Just think of the prospects the Indians can get if they trade Swisher! No wonder Antonetti and Shapiro wanted him so badly. My bet is he will be gone before this season's deadline.
    It would not surprise me in the least if we weren't in contention if they traded him to LAA, LAD, or NYY if they had a need for him by then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    WOW...some people just can't be pleased! Disappoints me with a name like "FeartheRoo", as I am also a Zip...what more do you want the front office to do? They have been VERY aggressive this offseason, and I will be the first to commend them for that as this is the first offseason that I have felt that way. Kudos to the Dolans for supplying Tribe fans with a very nice Christmas present AND....as a result, will PROBABLY sell a lot more tickets this year!
    I would say he was joking. I do think with things going the right way for us we can contend next year. We shall see how it goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    I was really only joking, mainly because we see our best players get traded away every year. While I like the move they still need to make some more moves to solidify this team. We still need starting pitchers and a DH. I still think we have a ways to go before we can be considered contenders.

Go Zips!

vCash
    perhaps...but looking at his previous posts, he is even more negative than me!

Find someone to fill the DH spot and this lineup is leaps and bounds better than anything that we have seen since 2007. Find a middle of the rotation starter (and get a little consistency from Masterson and Jimenez) and we are looking at a team with a great chance to contend for the postseason for the next few years.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast