Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    TUESDAY, 12:37pm: Swisher is now meeting with Indians executives, Jordan Bastian of MLB.com reports (on Twitter). The outfielder is scheduled to leave Cleveland this afternoon.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#kpOhQ1gafoEVfZzX.99

Seems to be meeting with everyone in the FO of the organization.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Article from 92.3 The Fan on Indians Attempt to sign Swisher. Really went all out, including a video message from Thad Matta of OSU telling him to "come home". Short article is here:

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2012/1...ue-outfielder/

He also left Cleveland without signing... on to next city. Aparently really really likes Francona, so still some hope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruzor12 View Post
    Article from 92.3 The Fan on Indians Attempt to sign Swisher. Really went all out, including a video message from Thad Matta of OSU telling him to "come home". Short article is here:

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2012/1...ue-outfielder/

He also left Cleveland without signing... on to next city. Aparently really really likes Francona, so still some hope.
    He left without signing... translation: he is not signing for the Tribe.

vCash
    straight cash homey!

vCash
    Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that Nick Swisher will not visit with the Mariners this week.
    The Mariners have long been listed as a potential landing spot for Swisher, but he apparently won't be stopping in Seattle during his free agent tour. Heyman says the M's don't appear willing to part with the No. 12 pick in next year's draft, which they would lose if they signed Swisher. That would indicate they might not be serious players for Michael Bourn, either.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

Seems like it might come down to Texas and Cleveland IMO. Will be interesting to see if Texas is willing to give up the draft compensation that it will take to sign him as Daniels loves his prospects and I think he is still tying to get Upton at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

Seems like it might come down to Texas and Cleveland IMO. Will be interesting to see if Texas is willing to give up the draft compensation that it will take to sign him as Daniels loves his prospects and I think he is still tying to get Upton at this point.
    Texas was also meeting with Cody Ross. Would they want both Swisher and Ross?

Free agent outfielder Cody Ross visited the Rangers yesterday, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports (on Twitter). Ross had dinner with team officials, including manager Ron Washington and GM Jon Daniels. Yesterday was a busy recruiting day for the Rangers, who also met with free agent catcher A.J. Pierzynski.

The Phillies, Braves, Mariners, Red Sox, Yankees, Mets and Orioles have all been linked to Ross so far this offseason. However, the Red Sox don’t appear to have room in their outfield for Ross at this point. Earlier in the offseason it was reported that the SFX client has an asking price of $25MM over three years.

Ross, who turns 32 on Sunday, posted a .267/.326/.481 batting line in 528 plate appearances for the Red Sox this past season. He contributed 22 home runs and 34 doubles while earning $3MM. Ross has considerable experience playing all three outfield positions, though he appeared in just seven games as a center fielder in 2012. He ranked 22nd on MLBTR’s list of top 50 free agents.

vCash
    Swisher cancelled his trip to San Francisco as well apperantly. Only teams I have been able to find that he is still going to visit is Boston and Texas. Boston might just be doing their diligence if they lose Ross and still find a trade partner for Ellsbury as it sounds that they are trying to do. No the Indians don't want Ellsbury either so I'll kill that right now. I think it comes down to Texas and Cleveland still.

vCash
    Nick Swisher Rumors: Wednesday
    By Ben Nicholson-Smith [December 19, 2012 at 1:01pm CST]
    Nick Swisher visited the Indians yesterday, as the team attempted to convince the free agent outfielder to sign in Cleveland. Swisher left to visit another interested team without accepting the Indians' offer. Here’s the latest on Swisher, MLBTR's number six free agent...

Swisher would like to play for the Dodgers, but he is nowhere near the Dodgers' radar, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports. The sides had one conversation weeks ago, according to Heyman. The Indians are believed to be willing to offer the switch-hitter a four-year deal worth $13MM or so per season, Heyman adds.
    The Dodgers aren’t expected to trade Andre Ethier to make room for Swisher in their outfield, Heyman writes. One person connected to the Dodgers said it's almost 100% certain that Ethier will open the season as L.A.'s right fielder, barring an injury.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...hUBHFr4vJVG.99

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    He left without signing... translation: he is not signing for the Tribe.
    Not true. His plan all along was to make a visit to all of the teams that were possible suitors. He was never going to leave Cleveland with a contract.

That being said, if the Rangers want to outbid us for him they can and will. If we want Swisher we just need to hope the Rangers sign Edwin Jackson and/or Cody Ross and spend themselves right out of the Swisher sweepstakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTuzSea View Post
    And then if the Indians don't sign them you'll be calling the front office cheap.
    noooo why would i do that? Front office always spending money to make this team better so i would never call them cheap, lmao!

I just don't think Nick is all that good. he'll hit around .255 25 homers 80 RBis' and cost 16mill which will stop us from signing someone else down the road that could really help us.

Thats the problem here, we sign swisher then thats it for the next 3-5 years for sure. FO will be like ''we spent money on swish now we are done.'' long track record to back that up.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    thats true thats alot of money why throw money away when you claim you dont have any? that would hurt more than help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    noooo why would i do that? Front office always spending money to make this team better so i would never call them cheap, lmao!

I just don't think Nick is all that good. he'll hit around .255 25 homers 80 RBis' and cost 16mill which will stop us from signing someone else down the road that could really help us.

Thats the problem here, we sign swisher then thats it for the next 3-5 years for sure. FO will be like ''we spent money on swish now we are done.'' long track record to back that up.
    Apperantly they have a standing offer of 13 mill a year right now for four years. I would do that in a heartbeat for Swisher and his consistancy and him filling multiple needs in the lineup and in the field. Have heard that the Tribe are not going to go over 15 mill for him though and that is why they lost out on Jackson is because they would not go over 12 mill for him as they wanted to keep their offer available for Swisher. So they offered Swisher 13 and Jackson 12. That could possibly mean that they are playing with 25 mill right now on FA's they like. Doesn't mean they will end up spending that much but they possibly could if its guys they like which apperantly they did in Swisher and EdJax.

I understand with the fear of if they sign Swisher then they are not going to spend any money after that but it also can bring up the point where if they do sign Swisher and and don't compete then they still have a consistant ballplayer that they can throw out there 145 games avg. a year that fills needs why being able to trade away thier other assests like Cabrera, Perez, Masty, Pestano possibly and build up their farm system for say 3 years down the road where Swisher would be a great veteran to have when most the youngsters are up and hopefully the current youngsters are in their prime. And I don't see how anyone can complain after last year with this teams hitting saying that bringing in a guy that plays 145 games consistantly each year with an average of .256/.367/.467 and 28 HR's and 90 RBI's is a bad thing.

I just don't see what would be bad about signing this guy. I agree though if its going to cost 16 million a year for him then they should not do that and I don't believe they would. He also has a hot wife. Yeah I went there.
    Last edited by ottograham14; 12-21-2012 at 09:41 AM.

vCash
    Indians will have to overpay for swish. I'm sure someone will offer more then 13 mill for him. Be shocked if he came here for that.

Baseball is so screwed up lol. swish worth 10mill? heck no. I never seen so many avg players in this leauge make so much money, def the pitchers.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Nick Swisher - OF - Yankees

ESPN's Jim Bowden reports that Nick Swisher is strongly considering signing with the Indians.
    Swisher's preference is to sign in Los Angeles or New York, but the Yankees have all but ruled out bringing him back and there doesn't appear to be any interest from the Dodgers. According to WTAM's Nick Camino, the Indians have a four-year, $52 million standing offer for Swisher, though it's not clear whether that's enough to get a deal done. In addition to Cleveland, the Rangers and Mariners have also been linked as landing spots.
    rotoworld

“I can’t wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and we’re standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and we’re all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him he’s world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.”
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Cody Ross signing with Arizona means that they are also now in the market to trade one of their surplus of outfielders.

They are rumored to be most willing to trade Jason Kubel. Kubel, coming off of a .253, 30 HR, 90 RBI season, is signed through 2013 with a mutual option for 2014 (only $1 million...so if he does ANYTHING in 2013, he won't pick up his portion of that option). His downsides are that he is on the wrong side of 30 AND bats left-handed which wouldn't help our left-handed heavy line-up.

The D'Backs also have Justin Upton who is signed through 2015...at $10 million, $14 million, and $14.5 million each season. Upton is younger than Kubel by 5 years AND bats right handed. Upton is a versatile OF that can hit for power, swipe a base, make spectacular plays in the OF, and also hit for a solid average.

Statistically...Kubel and Upton provide different strengths and weaknesses...Kubel provides more power and RBI potential...but he also swings and misses more while Upton provides more speed and contact...while not providing the run production that you would expect from a corner OF making the money that he is slotted to make.

I would love to sign Swisher and not have to give up any of the limited talent that we have in the minors...but if he chooses to go elsewhere, I would be willing to offer up something of pretty significant value (not named Francisco Lindor) to entice Arizona to send Upton our way or something lower in the minors (or an older AAA type with limited upside...perhaps a #4-5 starter type on a bad team) to get Kubel (as he only has one year left on his deal).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast