Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Nick Swisher is expected to visit with the Indians at Progressive Field on Tuesday or Wednesday.
    It's one of what's expected to be numerous free agent visits this week for the outfielder. Swisher has played things slowly this offseason, but he could come off the board soon now that Josh Hamilton has signed. The Mariners and Rangers are also reportedly interested in him.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

If he leaves Cleveland with no contract then I don't see them signing him. At least he is giving them a chance in person though to pitch what they are trying to do. We'll see how good of a closer Shap and Ants are in these next few days. My guess is that it will take a BJ Upton deal of around 5 years at 75 mill to get him to sign or possibly 4 years at 60 mill. Ridiculous.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    The Indians are making a push to sign free agent outfielder Nick Swisher, ESPN.com's Buster Olney reports (on Twitter). The Indians were in "aggressive pursuit" of Swisher last week after trading right fielder Shin-Soo Choo to Cincinnati in a three-team deal. Earlier in the month the Indians had reportedly been hoping to sign Swisher for four years and $48-50MM.

As of last week, multiple teams continued pursuing Swisher and he didn't appear to be close to deciding on a new team. The Red Sox, Phillies, Mariners, Rangers, and Orioles have also been linked to the switch-hitting MVP Sports Group client this winter.

Swisher ranked sixth on MLBTR's top 50 free agent list. He obtained a qualifying offer from the Yankees, which means he's linked to draft pick compensation.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#BAvCd9gYz69gtQJh.99

Same thing different day. Thanks for the great update Olney.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#BAvCd9gYz69gtQJh.99

Same thing different day. Thanks for the great update Olney.
    I still don't see Swisher signing here. And with Hamilton signing in LA. I even see it less likely. They will need to overpay - something they don't typically do.

vCash
    Wine him and dine him Shapiro!

vCash
    if were somehow able to trick him into signing with us we'll have a nice little lineup..

LF-Brantley
    2B-Kipnis
    SS-Asdrubal
    RF-Swisher
    C-Santana
    1B-Reynolds
    3B-Chisenhall
    DH-FA/Canzler... wouldn't mind a cheap signing of someone like Carlos Lee
    CF-Stubbs

The start of something great to come in Carolina, bring on the haters!

vCash
    I heard they were going to Denny's to take advantage of their $3, $4, $5 menu...that should convince him that CLE is the place to be...lol

Seriously though...in order to get him to sign here, especially with Texas losing out on Hamilton, we are going to have to significantly overpay. I will be surprised if they do that...but it would at least be a nice sign that they are willing to do something in an effort to get someone of relevance to sign here!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    I heard they were going to Denny's to take advantage of their $3, $4, $5 menu...
    Its 2$, 4$, 6$ just saying...
    Last edited by prodigy; 12-18-2012 at 09:46 AM.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Are we going to win the world series if we sign Swisher? nope, so to be honest I wanna see Tim Fedroff get a chance. This guy has been a .300 hitter with about a .380 OBP over his minor leauge career.

Don't understand why we should sign a 32 year old who's gonna want redick about of money.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Are we going to win the world series if we sign Swisher? nope, so to be honest I wanna see Tim Fedroff get a chance. This guy has been a .300 hitter with about a .380 OBP over his minor leauge career.

Don't understand why we should sign a 32 year old who's gonna want redick about of money.
    And then if the Indians don't sign them you'll be calling the front office cheap.

vCash
    There is a differance between stupid and cheap to spend money on one guy to please the fans is one thing to sign a couple to try to win is different.

vCash
    According to Buster Olney's daily blog

• Cleveland and Seattle are two of the last teams that appear to have significant money to spend, and the Indians are courting both Nick Swisher and Edwin Jackson.
    We might be more of a player in the Swisher sweepstakes than we thought... Assuming he will recieve an offer from Tribe today. Only question is for how much, how long, and will he accept. Might want to visit a few other teams first, which might hurt us if we were his first visit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandspride View Post
    There is a differance between stupid and cheap to spend money on one guy to please the fans is one thing to sign a couple to try to win is different.
    I'm pretty sure they are not going to give Swisher 15 mill a year to not try winning and that most likely will be what it cost to get him. He is currently the best overall hitter on the market, fills multiple needs with the Tribe, veteran leadership, RF, switch hitting bat more along a right handed bat and a top to middle of the lineup bat. This doesn't seem to be a move trying to please fans but instead trying to get a very consistant baseball player to come to this team, and it helps that he consistantly plays over 140 games a season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruzor12 View Post
    According to Buster Olney's daily blog

We might be more of a player in the Swisher sweepstakes than we thought... Assuming he will recieve an offer from Tribe today. Only question is for how much, how long, and will he accept. Might want to visit a few other teams first, which might hurt us if we were his first visit.
    I think if he leaves today without a contract signed then he will not be with the Tribe next year. He knows that and from everything we hear that Cleveland is trying to be the most aggresive with him so if he came here first and leaves then he will probably use the Tribes offer as leverage to other teams like Texas and Seattle and if they match or up the offer then he is with them IMO. Still nice to see them trying to make moves and get guys that are consistant ball players but I am still kind of confused where this team wants to go with if they are trying to compete now or if they want to go into rebuild mode. I guess it really depends on the next couple days where if they cant get a Swisher or Jackson they might realize its time to blow it up and get ACab, Masty, etc out for prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I think if he leaves today without a contract signed then he will not be with the Tribe next year. He knows that and from everything we hear that Cleveland is trying to be the most aggresive with him so if he came here first and leaves then he will probably use the Tribes offer as leverage to other teams like Texas and Seattle and if they match or up the offer then he is with them IMO. Still nice to see them trying to make moves and get guys that are consistant ball players but I am still kind of confused where this team wants to go with if they are trying to compete now or if they want to go into rebuild mode. I guess it really depends on the next couple days where if they cant get a Swisher or Jackson they might realize its time to blow it up and get ACab, Masty, etc out for prospects.
    I agree. I really hope we can persuade him to coming to Cleveland (As crazy as that sounds). He would be an excellent addition, and while you stated that it wouldn't be to please the fans, it would do so anyways. I believe signing Swisher decides whether we are rebuilding or competeing. Hopefully its the later. Does he have any ties to Ohio or Cleveland? Or are we just one of the teams inquiring about him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruzor12 View Post
    I agree. I really hope we can persuade him to coming to Cleveland (As crazy as that sounds). He would be an excellent addition, and while you stated that it wouldn't be to please the fans, it would do so anyways. I believe signing Swisher decides whether we are rebuilding or competeing. Hopefully its the later. Does he have any ties to Ohio or Cleveland? Or are we just one of the teams inquiring about him
    Grew up in Parkersburg, WV and went to OSU. Yeah I would say he has some ties to the Ohio area.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast