Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Nick Swisher Rumors

Jim Bowden of ESPN.com hears that the Indians would like to give Nick Swisher a four-year deal worth $48-50 million, but the market will likely require giving him $60 million.
    It's a pretty fair asking price from Swisher's camp after Shane Victorino got $39 million and B.J. Upton got $75.25 million. ESPN's Buster Olney reported earlier Friday that the Indians are "in the best position" to sign Swisher, but it sounds like they may have to up their offer a bit. The Mariners are lurking in the background.
    Rotoworld.com

vCash
    LOL, August you haven't got to this one yet? You're slacking.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Nick Swisher - OF - Yankees

ESPN's Jim Bowden reports that the Indians are "continuing their aggressive pursuit" of Nick Swisher.
    The Tribe have already signed Mark Reynolds, but they still have some money to spend and are targeting Swisher to replace Shin-Soo Choo in right field. The former Yankee is reportedly drawing interest from six clubs and seems likely to land a four-year deal in the $50-60 million range. He batted .272/.364/.473 with 24 home runs and 93 RBI in 148 games this past season for the Yankees.
    rotoworld.com

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Josh Hamilton going to the Angels will kill us in our pursuit of Nick Swisher... This is why he was waiting to see what Hamilton did... He's gonna get overpaid so much now with the same people who were already looking for outfield help still looking for outfield help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinLafferty View Post
    Josh Hamilton going to the Angels will kill us in our pursuit of Nick Swisher... This is why he was waiting to see what Hamilton did... He's gonna get overpaid so much now with the same people who were already looking for outfield help still looking for outfield help.
    Yeah squash the Swisher to Cleveland rumors now. He will probably get 4 years at 65-70 mill now which Cleveland should not do. I would imagine he either goest to Seattle, Texas, Baltimore or Philly. 5 years for Hamilton is ridiculous for a guy with his injury history and just history in general especially in a LA market now. Baseball continues to get worse and worse by the years. Pujols and Hamilton will cost more than the Marlins and Astros complete team salaries next year.

Kendry Morales should be available though now or Bourjos even though I think the only thing LA would take in return for one of them would be Pestano as that is too much for CP.
    Last edited by ottograham14; 12-13-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinLafferty View Post
    Yup, think you can pretty much cross Swisher off the Indians wishlist

vCash
    What about trumbo from LA? Not sure what kind of package it would take but he is not a very good 3b guy. He would be perfect in right field or as the dh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalow80 View Post
    What about trumbo from LA? Not sure what kind of package it would take but he is not a very good 3b guy. He would be perfect in right field or as the dh
    Angels already said they are not moving him. Apperantly will look for SP'ing from a deal centered around Bourjos or Morales.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    id give em ubaldo for morales lol.. but id push CP on em. really dont wanna trade pestano. but morales and bourjos for masty id also do..

RF-Bourjos
    CF-Brantley
    SS-Asdrubal
    C-Santana
    DH-Morales
    1B-Reynolds
    2B-Kipnis
    3B-Chisenhall
    LF-Stubbs

got 3 30+ sb guys in bourjos, kipnis, stubbs.. got 2-3 25+hr guys in morales, reynolds and santana.

The start of something great to come in Carolina, bring on the haters!

vCash
    Nick Swisher - OF - Yankees

Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News reports that Nick Swisher will visit multiple teams in person next week.
    Swisher has been patient this offseason, but the market is finally starting to fall into place now that Josh Hamilton has signed with the Angels. The Indians have reportedly expressed the most interest of late, but the Mariners and Rangers could both potentially be in play now that Hamilton is off the board. There's even a chance the Red Sox could be in the mix if Mike Napoli's deal falls apart.
    rotoworld

If the Rangers get involved bye bye Cleveland

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthers4life View Post
    id give em ubaldo for morales lol.. but id push CP on em. really dont wanna trade pestano. but morales and bourjos for masty id also do..

RF-Bourjos
    CF-Brantley
    SS-Asdrubal
    C-Santana
    DH-Morales
    1B-Reynolds
    2B-Kipnis
    3B-Chisenhall
    LF-Stubbs

got 3 30+ sb guys in bourjos, kipnis, stubbs.. got 2-3 25+hr guys in morales, reynolds and santana.
    I think Kipnis is all but a guarantee to bat in the 2 hole.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Never really thought he was going to sign in Cleveland anyways. This is why the Indians should sell everyone for top prospects then continue to suck for 5-10 years. This plan for a quick rebuild isn't realistic. I like the Bauer trade but its not enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I think Kipnis is all but a guarantee to bat in the 2 hole.
    i get that, i just feel brantley would be a great 2 hole guy behind a good leadoff guy because of his ability to work the count and put the bat on the ball

The start of something great to come in Carolina, bring on the haters!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthers4life View Post

RF-Bourjos
    CF-Brantley
    SS-Asdrubal
    C-Santana
    DH-Morales
    1B-Reynolds
    2B-Kipnis
    3B-Chisenhall
    LF-Stubbs

Do you really think we are going toget Morales and Bourjos for Jimenez. YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS. AND I AM AN INDIANS FAN.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 0007joek View Post
    Do you really think we are going toget Morales and Bourjos for Jimenez. YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS. AND I AM AN INDIANS FAN.
    Keep in mind this is the same guy who predicted we'd sign Dan Haren, Mike Napoli, Shaun Marcum, Melky Cabrera AND Brandon McCarthy at the start of the offseason

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast