37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Los Angeles Lakers

20 54.05%
  • Oklahoma City Thunder

17 45.95%
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    Nash doesnt command a double team anymore...... And his D is just awful.... Dwight Howard is gonna be coming off his man to stop all the PG's that blow by Nash like he was nailed to the floor.
    Nash is pretty much the same player he's been. His numbers last season were not that different from his mvp seasons, they're lower, but not by that much and some of it you can chalk up to phoenix not having the same quality of players. Nash is still be the best shooting and shot making pg in the league and probably the best or second best passer. Still an excellent decision maker and can still get to the basket when he wants. His defense sucks, pretty much the same as its sucked his whole career. But he is a decent team defender, which often gets overlooked and is really important.

vCash
    No matter which way you want to put it, This team is going to get alot better once Nash is installed into the lineup. Along with a healthy Pau, in which he hasn't been all year. If even a limited amount of things Nash will bring, The one thing he will bring is order, more chemistry and flow then they have out there right now.
    Laker Girls:
    Rashida Jones= Fired
    #Chobot= 1-2

vCash
    LAL had two losses in OKC in the last three years that changed their franchise. Will Friday be the third? ... http://t.co/i8C8Fesa
    The Lakers lost to the Thunder in Game 4 of the first round in 2010 in blowout fashion to tie the series 2-2 (read my column about it here: http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5134327....) and went on to go 14-5 the rest of the playoffs and win the championship.

The Lakers lost to the Thunder in Game 5 of the second round in 2012 (read my column about it here: http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ke-big-changes...), ending their season and serving as the first domino to fall that eventually led to the acquisitions of Steve Nash and Dwight Howard.

The Lakers' loss Friday is just a regular season game, but it was a hard-fought game by a team that's looked too lackadaisical all season long. Could this loss be looked back at as the one that was the start of L.A. finally turning its 2012-13 season in the right direction?
    Dwight Howard was bullish on the Lakers' improvement through the 1/4 season mark despite a 9-11 record ... http://t.co/iqdAs8zq
    "It’s 82 games," Howard said after the Lakers' 114-108 loss to the Oklahoma City on Friday. "This team has just gotten together. It’s not like we’re going to go out and get together and start winning right away. The only team that I’ve seen do that was Boston a couple years ago.

"We’re learning how to play together. We’re getting better. This is not on anybody’s timetable but ours. We have to be patient and understand it’s a process. Like I said, we grew tonight despite the loss.

"We did a lot of great things in the second half I wish we had been doing the past couple of games. So, it’s going to take time. We’re going to stay together. We have a close-knit team and we’re not going to let anything from the outside break us."

Thunder coach Scott Brooks, of all people, strongly echoed Howard's confidence in L.A.'s chances.

"We all know that the Lakers are one of the best teams," Brooks said. "They don't have the record right now but they will. They're going to get some guys healthy and they're going to get some rhythm but they have the best center in basketball and they have one of the best players ever. Steve Nash will come back and Coach D'Antoni will continue to get that team better."
    -Dave McMenamin

Dun dun dun!
    <3

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    Nash doesnt command a double team anymore...... And his D is just awful.... Dwight Howard is gonna be coming off his man to stop all the PG's that blow by Nash like he was nailed to the floor.
    Here is a regular season game from last season. Suns vs Minnesota. You can see Nash's poor D, how he looks on offense, etc. Each person should judge for themselves where Nash was at.

Side Note: I noticed one play in the OKC game where just a very small thing would have resulted in a wide open look instead of the defense having time to close out.

Kobe had the ball and got dubbled near the right elbow of the 3-point line. He had a team mate wide open at the top of the key. Kobe pivoted all the way around a threw a decent right handed pass to the player. It was not quite fast enough though and the OKC player had time to get back before the shot.

What Nash would have done in the exact same situation is he would have done a behind the back bounce pass to the player. And it would have been right to the shooter so he would have been in his shooting motion for a clean 3-pt look. He does it all the time...and I can't remember one time where it wasn't a perfect pass.

Edit: Forgot the youtube link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f5qZh2C_Sg
    Last edited by Pluvious; 12-08-2012 at 03:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavacano View Post
    -Dave McMenamin

Dun dun dun!
    I like that Dwight is talking about improvements and seeing them in the OKC game. There was some but I have seen other improvements in the past too that are not always maintained. But the last 2 games have been encouraging. Chemistry may be improving.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavacano View Post
    -Dave McMenamin

Dun dun dun!
    interesting quotes. That 5 min stretch in the 2nd quarter killed them. Can't let that happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    I like that Dwight is talking about improvements and seeing them in the OKC game. There was some but I have seen other improvements in the past too that are not always maintained. But the last 2 games have been encouraging. Chemistry may be improving.
    The past 3 games, cause we were dominant against houston and gave it away in the final minutes. With a little bit of luck and if refs didnt hate the lakers we could have gone 3-0 on this trip.

vCash
    Just watched the game... and I gotta say I would LOVE to see Westbrook blow his knee out... or at the very least, have somebody give him a hard clothesline that puts him out for a few games. Can't stand that mother****er. And it has little to do with how much he scored on us, and a lot to do with how he loves to show up his opponents.

vCash
    Losing always stinks, but I don't think all loses are the same. I've got no problem with the losses we've had to the Spurs (by a couple points), the Griz (by a couple points), and a couple of other top-flight teams. Last night's loss to OKC wasn't enjoyable, but it was probably predictable. That it really boiled down to a blow-out second quarter -- and specifically the last three minutes of that quarter -- is also a bit heartening. It's not as if OKC ran LA off the floor for a full game, and I think that matters.

The best part of last night's game was that we can see the dynamic between Kobe and Howard growing, and that's the most important relationship on the team. Until those two guys are working in sync, and understand what they each need to give and how they can help each other, everybody else on the team is going to struggle with their role.

If there's any silver lining to the season so far, I think it's that Steve Nash's absence has forced Kobe to come to terms with reality. Kobe is still great, but he can't manage the game. He NEEDS a good point guard (or, with the triangle, a system) in order to be at his best. Having Nash sit and watch what the team needs for a month, and having Kobe struggle to provide it, is going to settle a whole lot of questions between those players before they even get asked.

I honestly don't see Kobe complaining about touches or ball possession when Nash is on the floor because I think Nash is going to get Kobe a ton of open looks. And a ton of looks for Howard. And once those three know what they're doing, it will be pretty easy for Pau and the team to figure out how to best use his skillz.

vCash
    Edit: Forgot the youtube link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f5qZh2C_Sg

Forgot to add this to my post above. Just a regular season game of Nash's. A lot of people speculating on what Nash was or was not last year.

vCash
    Ebanks' length bothers Durant that is for sure. Meta can bother Russell along with Kobe. Howard, Hill,Ebanks,Kobe,and Meeks is a line up to try with a variation of Hill out and Meta in pestling the 4th. Meeks can guard their sg while Kobe or Meta contain Russell.

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566