Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Curry

vCash

Stephen Curry

Dec. 7 -- His name has been missing from the substantive conversations about the NBA's best point guards. Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry is a lights-out shooter. No one disputes that fact. He's one of the craftiest scorers in the league when healthy.

But a great point guard?

It's only now, with Curry focused on leading his surprising Warriors, that his name is being tossed around as one of the youngsters poised to break into the league's elite group of floor generals.

Curry has put together four straight 20-point, 10-assist performances for the 11-7 Warriors, who are battling for the top spot in the Pacific Division. The Warriors have won six of their past eight games and eight of their past 11, giving the state of California a third team (along with the Los Angeles Clippers and Los Angeles Lakers) that could be in the West's playoff mix come April.

The rewards for Curry could come sooner, however, as he'll get strong consideration for a reserve spot on the Western Conference All-Star team if he keeps on playing like he has. He's already kicked the door down and joined the Kia Race to the MVP Ladder this week at our No. 10 spot.

"This is the player everyone was excited about when he was at Davidson," one Eastern Conference executive said. "You knew he had the potential to be a dynamic scorer and a great shooter. The question was always going to be about his ability to adjust to being a full-time point guard and whether that would take away from his scoring ability. When he and Monta [Ellis] were there together and he was always hurt, it didn't look like he was going to get there. But he's doing both right now and doing them well."

As he did in a win over the Pistons Wednesday. Curry scored 22 points, nailing four of his six shots from distance, while dishing out 10 assists to just one turnover to go along with four steals and three rebounds.

Warriors coach Mark Jackson, who is third all-time in assists in the NBA, is aware that Curry is in the midst of taking that next step in the evolutionary process any of the potentially great point guards must take.

"I'm sure he's had a great stretch of performances before, but what I love about the way he's playing right now is that he's in total control out there on the floor," Jackson said of Curry. "When things get crazy, there's no need for me to call a timeout, because I feel confident and comfortable with his ability to run this team. He's playing at a whole other level probably than he's ever played."

The "other" level is where the NBA's true stars reside every night.

Welcome to the party, Stephen Curry.
    http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/2012-13/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Seems like Curry is finally coming into his own. Gonna be interesting to watch him battle Williams tonight.

If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.

vCash
    That and it's a good time for it too. All it takes is winning for our team to get some recognition around the league. This is our year!!!!

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    hopefully he just continues to get better and better and a leader at the point. his consistency imo is the Key to this teams success.

vCash
    Seems like Curry is finally coming into his own. Gonna be interesting to watch him battle Williams tonight.
    lol weren't people saying last week that Andrew Bogut is a better player than Curry??

Not even Lee is a better player in my eyes and D Lee is super nice

she says go for the championship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenstater View Post
    hopefully he just continues to get better and better and a leader at the point. his consistency imo is the Key to this teams success.
    I agree. As Curry goes....

And by him being consistent, its not just with his shot or for avoiding turnovers but it's his leadership and mostly his mentality thats going to bring us to the promised land.

First step is the playoffs.

Second step winning

Last step championship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    lol weren't people saying last week that Andrew Bogut is a better player than Curry??

Not even Lee is a better player in my eyes and D Lee is super nice
    When Bogut is healthy, and playing well, he's probably still more effective than Curry.

vCash
    I'm really liking how the warriors are progressing this season. Top 15 in almost all defensive categories, getting into the top 15 in offensive categories, top 5 team in the west. I think we are just missing bogut, but who knows when he will be back. If we can keep up this pace, or find a 7 footer who is more offensive just as a replacement until we get bogut back, we will remain top 5 in the west. I actually don't want bogut to come back until february when things actually matter. After all star break we will be in for a true fight. But as for the bogut is better than curry? I think that you can't compare 2 completely different positions/players... but bogut better than lee that would be interesting to see. each of them playing 30 minutes a game and comparing numbers offensively and defensively

vCash
    When Bogut is healthy, and playing well, he's probably still more effective than Curry.
    Better and effective are two totally different words.

It's like saying Joakim Noah is a better player than Derrick Rose when healthy. Just because he's more effective and gets his job done at a higher efficiency rate.

vCash
    so...are we still team glass ankles?

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    No were team 11-7, with a great young point guard.

vCash
    Hi asandhu
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robbnen#31 View Post
    Hi asandhu

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast