Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

This years ceiling

Hey guys i have been reading your post for a while and thought i would finally start posting.

What do you think the ceiling for the team is during the current season. I say we stay competitive throughout the year, get a lower seed for the playoffs and get bogut back making us a very scary team come playoffs, i can see us making a run but falling short in the western conference finals to a team with more experience. What do u guys think?

vCash
    First of all welcome. I think we'll end up with the 5th seed, and make it to the second round in the playoffs. Either way it will be a great season as far as experience goes for our young guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    Sixth or Seventh seed, maybe second round.

vCash
    before i say anything,

you're not invited to the dinner

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    ^^^^

That having been said, welcome. Post using the prompt in the sign up thread!

Here we go:

The Warriors are on an incredible hot streak right now. However you look at it, it is impressive.

Will the run end? Probably. We have a brutal schedule coming up so we'll have to be ready.

Our ceiling is not just making the playoffs, it's advancing in the playoffs. Will we get to the playoffs? Good question.

In the NBA, there is a such thing as dry spells, streaky shooting, losing streaks, good teams losing to the worst (see Charlotte last season), team chemistry. Agree?

My thing is, I believe we can make the playoffs and go semi deep. But the task at hand is getting to the playoffs first, which should be the #1 priority.

As of right now, we are NOT in the playoffs. Anybody who screams that we are, or that we will go, should take a word of caution.

Nothing is guaranteed in the NBA. The playoffs are certainly obtainable now, but they are not guaranteed. Saying that we are a lock at this point is too premature.

The Warriors are not guaranteed the playoffs until they clinch.
    Last edited by MackShock; 12-13-2012 at 01:14 AM.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock:24708977
    before i say anything,

you're not invited to the dinner

The funny thing is i know what ur talking about seeing as how i read over the game day thread. But thats fine!

And on a side note, watching espn right now and they are actually talking about the dubs!

vCash
    haha i was just rookie hazing, dont worry. youll be receiving your pink backpack soon

and they are only talking about them because they beat the defending champs.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    espn is bias as hell....for example....pretend youre watching sportscenter highlights while reading..

"Red Sox , Yankees, Bottom of the 1st, yada yada yada, Top 2, yada yada yada, 4th inning....., 6th inning...., 9th inning..Yankees close it

"Giants, Diamondbacks...top of the 9th, Posey gets a hit and RBi to send the go ahead run home...romo closes it out"...

is that bias or what lol

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I absolutely agree about the playoffs not being a lock. Im not ready to crown anyone yet. But i think the absolute ceiling for this year is western conference finals.

Man it feels good just to be talking warriors and playoffs, and not joking about it!

vCash
    True..and it's good to have you here. you should talk more often.

I must warn you though, I see lots of people doing what you did (create thread, stated youve been reading for a while but never posted, and how youre excited to talk Dubs)

and one week later you're gone.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock:24709144
    True..and it's good to have you here. you should talk more often.

I must warn you though, I see lots of people doing what you did (create thread, stated youve been reading for a while but never posted, and how youre excited to talk Dubs)

and one week later you're gone.
    I plan on sticking around, im getting older and dont have a lot of people to talk sports with. And my wife sure doesnt enjoy it lol

vCash
    Guys, the season is early, let's not jinx this yet. Maybe it's the baseball fan in me, but I don't want to talk about playoffs until it's a done deal. For now, let's just keep winning games.

vCash
    Well im only 22 lol. But after getting married i dont hang with a lot of the old buddies anymore

vCash
    if your wife loved the warriors, its jackpot!

bring her to a few games shell b jockin

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnydanger1:24709223
    Guys, the season is early, let's not jinx this yet. Maybe it's the baseball fan in me, but I don't want to talk about playoffs until it's a done deal. For now, let's just keep winning games.
    Oh but its so fun!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast