Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should the NBA change the Hack-a-Shaq Rule?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the full 48 should carry a 2-shot + ball penalty.

25 14.29%
  • Yes, but not so severe and/or a shorter duartion of the game.

15 8.57%
  • No, leave it how it is.

68 38.86%
  • No, get rid of the rule altogether. If they can't shoot, deal with it.

67 38.29%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    Somehow I saw this weak defense coming. Thank you for taking the bait.

Yeah it's okay. So you're saying passing should be illegal? Let's lessen the shot clock then!

Yeah, by jacking up a plethora of contested 3's. Anyone could do that.

No, as I've been saying, it degrades the game because the game should be over. I'm talking about intentional fouls altogether. But no, the losing team has to foul for the next 5 minutes because they can't accept losing or score their way back into the game.

Funny how a purely subjective and emotional argument is so popular with other fans of the sport. This "strategy" you praise has been looked down upon for years. Intentional fouls should be banned. Like I said, it's not tag, it's basketball. You defend, you shoot the ball, sometimes you miss, sometimes you make shots. That's the game. Not fouling like a little ***** because you're losing.
    Your post does not contain 1 decent argument. Are you 12? I'm serious because if you are, I wont continue to make fun of you
    #Turtlepower

Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    If he's really concerned about slowing the game down take away some timeouts.

If you really want to improve the quality of the sport take away all those back to back games and 3 in 4 nights scheduling screw jobs completely.
    Or how about you take away touch fouls and "superstar calls"
    #Turtlepower

Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Leave it how it is or get rid of the rule, free throws are part of the game. As much as I know this would help the Lakers it's not worth having (another) title with an asterisk.

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders.
    Fok Jelle Naiers

They`re = contraction of they are
    There = used to describe location
    Their = pronoun used to describe belonging
    Should've = contraction of should have
    Should of = makes no sense at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Your post does not contain 1 decent argument. Are you 12? I'm serious because if you are, I wont continue to make fun of you
    Your moronic reasoning was in full effect tonight. Wizards fouled their way back into the game, and then Warriors fouled Beal before he could shoot a 3 that might've tied the score. Intentional fouls all around! Whew! Honorable sport! Oh, and Beal also purposely bricked a free throw! All the flaws of the NBA in one game!

vCash
    Your moronic reasoning was in full effect tonight. Wizards fouled their way back into the game, and then Warriors fouled Beal before he could shoot a 3 that might've tied the score. Intentional fouls all around! Whew! Honorable sport! Oh, and Beal also purposely bricked a free throw! All the flaws of the NBA in one game!
    I don't see how these are flaws.

vCash
    Go on, lets hear your crazy reasoning behind a player missing a free throw on purpose so that their team has a chance to winning the game is bad for basketball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Why is nobody mentioning him calling it "the special olympics of free throw shooting"? How is that acceptable in our age of political correctness? That's so ****ing offensive.
    I feel like a special olympian would be a better free throw shooter anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Or how about you take away touch fouls and "superstar calls"
    I hate the flopping rule. Why not just tell the refs to call what they see and like you're saying stop calling all the ticky tack fouls. How can the league justify calling a foul for one player and not another is completely unacceptable in my book.

"Eighteen Twenty-five _______"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asik's better View Post
    Go on, lets hear your crazy reasoning behind a player missing a free throw on purpose so that their team has a chance to winning the game is bad for basketball.
    It's crazy for players to abuse the rules.

vCash
    David Stern just wants to end anything to do with Gregg Popovich. It really is pathetic to the point Stern will go based on ratings. The Spurs have done everything right for the game of basketball. They're even more entertaining now and newb NBA fans still call them boring because they have no common sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny642 View Post
    Surprised a Laker fan would defend Stern with this
    What does me being a Laker fan have to do with anything? I don't like wasting my time being bored. I didnt like it when they did it to Shaq when he was on another team either. I would change the channel and probably not end up going back to the game. That is what concerns Stern. Bad T.V means less ratings. Less ratings means less money.

Maybe the fact that the Lakers have a player who falls into this catagory now causes you and others to want to leave this rule into place. I bet if the Lakers still had Bynum shooting above 70% most if you would think logically and want to do away with it.

You guys act like Stern is trying to help the Lakers. When in fact he has never tried to change the rule while Shaq or Dwight were on the team. He tried to change it after Shaq left and before Dwight got here. If he was trying to help the Lakers, he wouldnt have vetoed the CP3 trade. And he would have asked for this rule to be changed 13 years ago.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    As opposed to handicapping the game for poor defensive teams?
    The Spurs are one of the best defensive teams the league has ever seen and they used the hack-a-shaq. Its not about deficiencies in defence, its about exploiting the oppositions weakness.

The teams are using the tools available to them. There is no rule against that. Howard need to learn how to shoot free throws so that he's not a liability on the floor.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

vCash
    Instead of changing the rule, maybe Howard could learn to shoot FT's with at least a 60% clip. I mean 47.7% FT shooting...Terrible. I'll admit, it's an annoying tactic, but if you can't shoot FT's well enough to get hacked, then practice and get better! It's not like it's a skill that can't be learned, crafted, and improved. Otherwise your a liability to your team in the most important moments of the game. I don't fault opposing coaches for using all tools at their disposal to get a win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DODGERS&LAKERS View Post
    What does me being a Laker fan have to do with anything? I don't like wasting my time being bored. I didnt like it when they did it to Shaq when he was on another team either. I would change the channel and probably not end up going back to the game. That is what concerns Stern. Bad T.V means less ratings. Less ratings means less money.

Maybe the fact that the Lakers have a player who falls into this catagory now causes you and others to want to leave this rule into place. I bet if the Lakers still had Bynum shooting above 70% most if you would think logically and want to do away with it.

You guys act like Stern is trying to help the Lakers. When in fact he has never tried to change the rule while Shaq or Dwight were on the team. He tried to change it after Shaq left and before Dwight got here. If he was trying to help the Lakers, he wouldnt have vetoed the CP3 trade. And he would have asked for this rule to be changed 13 years ago.
    The Hack a whoever only really happens to the Lakers now, so why make the big push to get rid of it now?

It is good how it is now, if the person can;t shoot, they better learn
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DODGERS&LAKERS View Post
    So watching that is fun for you?
    I enjoy strategy.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast