Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Should the NBA change the Hack-a-Shaq Rule?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the full 48 should carry a 2-shot + ball penalty.

    25 14.29%
  • Yes, but not so severe and/or a shorter duartion of the game.

    15 8.57%
  • No, leave it how it is.

    68 38.86%
  • No, get rid of the rule altogether. If they can't shoot, deal with it.

    67 38.29%
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 227
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Linden NJ
    Posts
    20,079
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    My opinion is that it's tactical and should not change. If anything, get rid of the rule. It forces a team to decide if they want to keep a particular player in the game despite his liability while the other team gives up fouls and foul shots to the other team. That's fair to me.
    This
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks


  2. #182
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Amarillo, Tx
    Posts
    2,528
    vCash
    1500
    While players should be able to shoot free throws, I don't like the hack a player strategy. It basically bails teams out of having to play defense. The fouled players need to man up and make the free throws, but the foulers need to man up and play defense.

    titties

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arco
    Posts
    4,761
    vCash
    1500
    Shaq is thinking, ****, why couldn't this exist when I was playing.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Linden NJ
    Posts
    20,079
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Auseranami View Post
    While players should be able to shoot free throws, I don't like the hack a player strategy. It basically bails teams out of having to play defense. The fouled players need to man up and make the free throws, but the foulers need to man up and play defense.
    They do put themselves in the penalty early and they do risk giving free points and free fouls
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks


  5. #185
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    8,691
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I don't buy it. When I would shoot with a mini-ball for instance, it just took a quick adjustment. I realize not all people can shoot a ball well, no matter what, but there is no excuse on not being able to make well over half your free throws.

    Dr. J had enormous hands. Shot 77% for his career.
    It's like you only pay attention to stats and sample sizes when they benefit your own argument. Just look at what Chronz has been saying.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,281
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenceman View Post
    It's like you only pay attention to stats and sample sizes when they benefit your own argument. Just look at what Chronz has been saying.
    The initial argument was about hand size. I know because I was the first to argue against it in this thread. Hawk simply was addressing the part of the argument which contends hand size correlates to shooting ability. Chronz went on to address other factors, but it started with hand size.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,787
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenceman View Post
    It's like you only pay attention to stats and sample sizes when they benefit your own argument. Just look at what Chronz has been saying.
    read my other posts. I addressed it...

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,787
    vCash
    1500
    by the way, I have heard the big hands argument for Rondo. Isn't he a PG?

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,522
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Auseranami View Post
    While players should be able to shoot free throws, I don't like the hack a player strategy. It basically bails teams out of having to play defense. The fouled players need to man up and make the free throws, but the foulers need to man up and play defense.
    a lot of times teams do play good defense, and they do force a bad shot but the offensive player has such an advantage he can jump into people, he can kick his leg out on a jump shot or in d wades case he can just lose his balance on a spin move- and the refs will put the guy on the line.

    If you are the defense you might as well take control of the situation, if the refs are gonna make a call that could cost you the game- you decide what the call is going to be.

    BTW- the opposing team has the option of taking the bad free throw shooters out of the game? How is this any different than when a team isolates a missmatch or just has a big guard kill a small guard in the post. Teams have to make adjustments- its part of all sports. If dwight isnt going to learn to shoot free throws, get him off the floor. LOL its not like the lakers were a horrible team before dwight got there- they can survive with pau, kobe, and company.
    A role model if I ever knew one

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    212
    vCash
    1500

    David Stern Wants to End Hack-a-Shaq (Tiago, D12, etc)

    Omg!!!!!😩 Stern at work again!

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,854
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Superstar calls and players *****ing to refs on every possession "shame the sport." Intentional fouling is a strategy.
    Yeah, a cowardly one. You can't win so you have to cheat. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's the rules, so it's not cheating, but wake up, it's cheating.
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    So, basically you're saying that if your team has the lead you want to make sure they can keep it.
    No I'm saying if the other team can't make shots or play defense/get a stop, they should rightfully lose. What ever happened to going on a run when you're losing as opposed to fouling your way back into the contest?

    Really don't understand why you can't fathom my simple argument.

    It shames the game. Luckily, teams that resort to fouling their way back into the game lose more often than they win.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    BROOKLYN
    Posts
    1,865
    vCash
    1500
    IS he working for the lakers ?
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    Westbrook is like a younger version of A.I. mixed w/ 23 yr. old Kobe.
    WELCOME TO PSD


  13. #193
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,281
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    Yeah, a cowardly one. You can't win so you have to cheat. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's the rules, so it's not cheating, but wake up, it's cheating.
    If it's the rules then it is not cheating as cheating is "to violate rules or regulations."


    No I'm saying if the other team can't make shots or play defense/get a stop, they should rightfully lose. What ever happened to going on a run when you're losing as opposed to fouling your way back into the contest?
    But it's okay for a team to pass the ball around the perimeter for 20 seconds to run down the clock? It's a strategic move that says, "we can score more points against your defense than this player can score at the line unguarded." Feel however you want about that, but the only reason it "degrades" the game is because it works i.e. if guys made free throws there would be no hacking.

    Really don't understand why you can't fathom my simple argument.

    It shames the game. Luckily, teams that resort to fouling their way back into the game lose more often than they win.
    Your argument is purely subjective and emotional. Not really sure what you expect me to debate about that

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,510
    vCash
    1500
    Stern just retire already

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bi-Winning. I win here and I win there.
    Posts
    6,990
    vCash
    1500
    I can't see how anyone would like this rule? Have you ever payed hundreds of dollars to watch someone practice free throws? If they did this in Phoenix the fans would get their money back. I hated when I was at a Laker game and they did this to Shaq. The Lakers would still win the game but I felt cheated out of my money. Basketball is supposed to be entertainment right? What is entertaining about hack a ......player?

    As far as teams doing it, there is nothing wrong with it. Its like an intentional walk in baseball. They are taking a risk in doing it. They stop the clock and almost give the other team points in hopes they miss both. That almost never happens so even the worse free throw shooters hit one of two

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •