Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should the NBA change the Hack-a-Shaq Rule?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the full 48 should carry a 2-shot + ball penalty.

25 14.29%
  • Yes, but not so severe and/or a shorter duartion of the game.

15 8.57%
  • No, leave it how it is.

68 38.86%
  • No, get rid of the rule altogether. If they can't shoot, deal with it.

67 38.29%
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    My opinion is that it's tactical and should not change. If anything, get rid of the rule. It forces a team to decide if they want to keep a particular player in the game despite his liability while the other team gives up fouls and foul shots to the other team. That's fair to me.
    This
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    While players should be able to shoot free throws, I don't like the hack a player strategy. It basically bails teams out of having to play defense. The fouled players need to man up and make the free throws, but the foulers need to man up and play defense.

titties

vCash
    Shaq is thinking, ****, why couldn't this exist when I was playing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Auseranami View Post
    While players should be able to shoot free throws, I don't like the hack a player strategy. It basically bails teams out of having to play defense. The fouled players need to man up and make the free throws, but the foulers need to man up and play defense.
    They do put themselves in the penalty early and they do risk giving free points and free fouls
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I don't buy it. When I would shoot with a mini-ball for instance, it just took a quick adjustment. I realize not all people can shoot a ball well, no matter what, but there is no excuse on not being able to make well over half your free throws.

Dr. J had enormous hands. Shot 77% for his career.
    It's like you only pay attention to stats and sample sizes when they benefit your own argument. Just look at what Chronz has been saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenceman View Post
    It's like you only pay attention to stats and sample sizes when they benefit your own argument. Just look at what Chronz has been saying.
    The initial argument was about hand size. I know because I was the first to argue against it in this thread. Hawk simply was addressing the part of the argument which contends hand size correlates to shooting ability. Chronz went on to address other factors, but it started with hand size.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenceman View Post
    read my other posts. I addressed it...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    by the way, I have heard the big hands argument for Rondo. Isn't he a PG?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Auseranami View Post
    a lot of times teams do play good defense, and they do force a bad shot but the offensive player has such an advantage he can jump into people, he can kick his leg out on a jump shot or in d wades case he can just lose his balance on a spin move- and the refs will put the guy on the line.

If you are the defense you might as well take control of the situation, if the refs are gonna make a call that could cost you the game- you decide what the call is going to be.

BTW- the opposing team has the option of taking the bad free throw shooters out of the game? How is this any different than when a team isolates a missmatch or just has a big guard kill a small guard in the post. Teams have to make adjustments- its part of all sports. If dwight isnt going to learn to shoot free throws, get him off the floor. LOL its not like the lakers were a horrible team before dwight got there- they can survive with pau, kobe, and company.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash

David Stern Wants to End Hack-a-Shaq (Tiago, D12, etc)

Omg!!!!!😩 Stern at work again!

vCash
    Superstar calls and players *****ing to refs on every possession "shame the sport." Intentional fouling is a strategy.
    Yeah, a cowardly one. You can't win so you have to cheat. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's the rules, so it's not cheating, but wake up, it's cheating.
    So, basically you're saying that if your team has the lead you want to make sure they can keep it.
    No I'm saying if the other team can't make shots or play defense/get a stop, they should rightfully lose. What ever happened to going on a run when you're losing as opposed to fouling your way back into the contest?

Really don't understand why you can't fathom my simple argument.

It shames the game. Luckily, teams that resort to fouling their way back into the game lose more often than they win.

vCash
    IS he working for the lakers ?
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    Westbrook is like a younger version of A.I. mixed w/ 23 yr. old Kobe.
    WELCOME TO PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    Yeah, a cowardly one. You can't win so you have to cheat. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's the rules, so it's not cheating, but wake up, it's cheating.
    If it's the rules then it is not cheating as cheating is "to violate rules or regulations."

No I'm saying if the other team can't make shots or play defense/get a stop, they should rightfully lose. What ever happened to going on a run when you're losing as opposed to fouling your way back into the contest?
    But it's okay for a team to pass the ball around the perimeter for 20 seconds to run down the clock? It's a strategic move that says, "we can score more points against your defense than this player can score at the line unguarded." Feel however you want about that, but the only reason it "degrades" the game is because it works i.e. if guys made free throws there would be no hacking.

Really don't understand why you can't fathom my simple argument.

It shames the game. Luckily, teams that resort to fouling their way back into the game lose more often than they win.
    Your argument is purely subjective and emotional. Not really sure what you expect me to debate about that

vCash
    Stern just retire already

vCash
    I can't see how anyone would like this rule? Have you ever payed hundreds of dollars to watch someone practice free throws? If they did this in Phoenix the fans would get their money back. I hated when I was at a Laker game and they did this to Shaq. The Lakers would still win the game but I felt cheated out of my money. Basketball is supposed to be entertainment right? What is entertaining about hack a ......player?

As far as teams doing it, there is nothing wrong with it. Its like an intentional walk in baseball. They are taking a risk in doing it. They stop the clock and almost give the other team points in hopes they miss both. That almost never happens so even the worse free throw shooters hit one of two

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast