Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

How better would we be

How many games better would we be, if we would not have piled up all our injuries, Lee, Carter, Church, and Costa all out for the season, and Ratliff, Murray, Scandrick, Spencer and witten missing games and playing through injuries. I know all teams suffers injuries through the season, but it seems like somebody goes down everygame for us. So if most of these players were healthy how many games would we be better? And do you give jason garrett a pass with all the injuries?

I also find it strange our defense was carrying us earlier in the season, now they are faltering and our offense is picking up the slack. We have yet to play a complete game beside the 1st week of the season.

vCash
    Guys, injuries are part of the game. We should have capable replacements. With that being said, coaching let us down a few times in games we should have won against Baltimore, Washington, NY Giants. Plays were called because of one reason, we were missing Mr. Murray and Jones is incapable. If we had a healthy Murray. Just him alone we would be 9-3 by my counts and first in our division.

But like I said to start off, injuries are part of every season. This should be a lesson to JJ and he should ensure he drafts and signs quality for depth. Cause this year could have been different with one player, instead of fighting for our playoff lives.

vCash
    hmmm if JJ would had got on here and listened to me he would have draft vontaze
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    We don't need Vontaze. We have, instead, two ILB's who are more talented and more sane. Both are team leaders who can lead the defense. Vontaze would have been a nice sub, but he's still a trouble maker. Additionally, we probably wouldn't seen Carter emerge.

On the other hand, we probably wouldn't have signed Connor, and would be slightly better cap-wise from that.

But seriously. If there is one thing we don't need for the next decade, its starting ILB's.

vCash
    Also, just to remind everyone, Dez was quite honestly at fault for a few of our losses earlier in the season.

We will be better next year. If our team played close to healthy all year, with consistency, we would be fantastic. Talent isn't the issue. The issue is having all cylinders running at at least 70% potential at all times. With how our young guys are growing and emerging, I fully expect us to be quite good next year.

Tell me this defense will be bad:
    Church-Sensi
    Claiborne-Carr-Scandrick
    Ware-Lee-Carter-Spencer
    Coleman-Spears-Ratliff-Brent-Lissemore-Hatcher-Wilber

vCash
    A little better but not a lot... O line in most games would still suck! Romo would still throw Ints and our Safeties still cant cover!

Injuries are part of the game, you have to adjust to them. We just are not good enough and need to make some changes starting with Coach and QB!!!

Unfortunately, I dont think we will make any major moves...

Same Culture, Same Results!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayin'zona View Post
    Also, just to remind everyone, Dez was quite honestly at fault for a few of our losses earlier in the season.

We will be better next year. If our team played close to healthy all year, with consistency, we would be fantastic. Talent isn't the issue. The issue is having all cylinders running at at least 70% potential at all times. With how our young guys are growing and emerging, I fully expect us to be quite good next year.

Tell me this defense will be bad:
    Church-Sensi
    Claiborne-Carr-Scandrick
    Ware-Lee-Carter-Spencer
    Coleman-Spears-Ratliff-Brent-Lissemore-Hatcher-Wilber
    Ok I'll oblige. Church is nothing more than an average player. You wont see him make a ton of mistakes, but you're not going to see him helping create turnovers either, which is what the Cowboys so desperately need. At cornerback, behind those mentioned, we have absolutely no depth. At LB, we're among the best in the game. What remains to be seen is whether or not they can stay on the field. Both Lee and Carter are already having problems staying healthy. While they could both eventually project into pro bowl caliber players, it remains to be seen if we have 2 injury prone players. On DL, we're awful. Coleman and Spears are junk. Neither should have been brought back this year, and wouldn't have if we had any other choice. Ratliff's body has taken a beaten over the years of taking on the double teams and his stats have reflected that. This year, he cannot stay on the field. Out of the remaining of Brent, Lissemore, Hatcher and Wilber, I only see Hatcher as a starting caliber player. Even though Ratliff hasn't on the field much, you could tell how much better our DL performed without Brent at NT and Ratliff in. Lissemore has been owned this year by O-linemen. Wilber got his shot last week, and Bryce Brown threw up what 170 yards or so rushing?

So I'm unimpressed. Without Ryan as our D-Coordinator, I think we're one of the worst defenses in the league. We cannot pressure the. We rank 22nd in the league in sacks with. Demarcus Ware has 10 of those leaving 14 for the rest of the team combined...PATHETIC. Our defense cannot create turnovers. We rank last in the league in interceptions, even though we just threw 50 million at Carr and drafted a top 5 DB. We're 13th in the league in fumble recoveries. If you're counting all that up on our turnover ratio, we're 27th in the league on turnover ratio of give/takeaways.

This team has done a completely pathetic job of drafting and player development and that is the sole reason Dallas is nothing more than an average to below average team in this league. How many drafts have we had where we only scored 1 player that was decent out of a draft...or even had a draft where we basically have nobody? Look at the players we took in classes 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009. Right now, these should be the players that form the core of our team. Out of those 4 drafts, we have 2 people that are actually considered starters. That is Doug Free and Orlando Scandrick...neither of which are world-beaters by any stretch of the imagination. If that doesn't speak volumes as to why this team remains in the dumps, I dont know what does. And though it looks like we've shown some improvement over the past few years, only scoring 2 or so people per draft will not cut it either. If Dallas is going to become a legitimate contender, we have to be better at building through the draft. Until that changes, dont expect this team to be compete with the current big boys.

vCash
    Maybe two more wins better...

vCash
    How better would we be if Jerry Jones weren't GM
    New York Yankees
    Dallas Cowboys
    UCONN Huskies Football
    UCONN Huskies MBB
    UCONN Huskies WBB
    Philadelphia 76ers
    New York Knickerbockers