Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Tennessee Finally Finds Their Man

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...-as-next-coach

Personally, I think Butch Jones is a pretty solid hire, but their fans aren't very happy by and large. At least the embarrassment is over, though.

vCash
    He's a good hire; but he won't last if the fans there expect results with the schedule they have. I'm going to be interested to see how well Cincy can fill that job. It seems like it would be a tough sell with the Big East falling apart.

vCash
    I would love to see Cincy hire Pete Lembo. More interestingly, where does Colorado go from here? Seems like they're committed to reestablishing their football tradition, but who's left on the market that can help them do that?

vCash
    Did everyone see Fox's CFB twitter account **** it up and say Butch Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    I didn't, but that would be pretty easy to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    They didn't misspell the word. They actually thought it was him

RT @CFBONFOX: There's a new head ball coach in #Tennessee and it's former #UNC, #Miami, and #Browns HC, Butch Davis. #Vols

vCash
    They didn't misspell the word. They actually thought it was him
    Ok, that's bad there.

vCash

Personally, I think Butch Jones is a pretty solid hire, but their fans aren't very happy by and large. At least the embarrassment is over, though.
    Well, some of the fans are delusional. Probably the same ones that thought they were getting Gruden.

vCash
    I done it in a thread the other day. Somebody was talking about Butch Davis to FIU and I said not a chance when he is talking to Colorado and Tennessee.

I would love to see Cincy hire Pete Lembo. More interestingly, where does Colorado go from here? Seems like they're committed to reestablishing their football tradition, but who's left on the market that can help them do that?
    There are still some names out there but don't know if they would jump for Colorado.

Pete Lembo - Ball State (94-45 college record)
    June Jones - SMU (104-75 college record)
    Gary Andersen - Utah State (24-25 college record)
    Mike MacIntyre - San Jose State (16-21 college record)

Pete Lembo has a pretty consistent record of getting up and keeping up smaller programs could be worth a shot.

June Jones has had success at Hawaii and SMU turning them into solid programs. The only things here are his age (early 60s?) and that he makes $2-2.5 million a year at SMU.

Utah State has improved each of the last 3 seasons under Gary Andersen.

I think that Mike MacIntyre would be my target. He has been at San Jose State for 3 seasons and they went 1-12 the first year, 5-7 the second year and 10-2 this year. That is a pretty quick and substantial turnaround in just 3 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    He's a good hire; but he won't last if the fans there expect results with the schedule they have. I'm going to be interested to see how well Cincy can fill that job. It seems like it would be a tough sell with the Big East falling apart.
    A big portion of these Tennessee fans are completely delusional. You should hear how bad they have been bashing this hire on the radio. Saying that they don't care about him winning MAC and Big East titles because it has nothing to do winning in the SEC. I guess they expecting Nick Saban to leave Alabama or some ****....

If you can win championships in multiple conferences then you know something about building a football team. Hell they hired Derek Dooley last time and he had a losing record and only one winning season coming into the program.

The next 3 years for Tennessee are gonna be brutal. In 2014 they play set to play 6 teams that are currently ranked in the top 15. It is gonna be extremely difficult for them to win anymore than 6-7 games these next 3 years and that should be the goal to get this team back to being a bowl team and then proceed from there up the ladder. But that isn't gonna be enough for these fans that are gonna expect Butch Jones to have this year winning 9-10 games right off the bat.

If you are Cincinnati I think that you need to tell any prospective coaches that you are actively trying to get into either the Big 10 or ACC even if that isn't the case.

Yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Well, some of the fans are delusional. Probably the same ones that thought they were getting Gruden.
    No lie. The local paper here done an article the week after they fired Dooley stating that the top 5 targets for their coaching search should be Jon Gruden, Brian Kelly, Les Miles, Chris Petersen and Bob Stoops.... Like they had any chance in hell of hiring any of those guys.

vCash
    Not a bad hire. Sucks, I know they had their sights a lot higher to begin with. Jones was someone I was interested with for UK's job, though he was never my first choice. Should do alright down there, ties to the northern SEC states for recruiting.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    There are still some names out there but don't know if they would jump for Colorado.

Pete Lembo - Ball State (94-45 college record)
    June Jones - SMU (104-75 college record)
    Gary Andersen - Utah State (24-25 college record)
    Mike MacIntyre - San Jose State (16-21 college record)

Pete Lembo has a pretty consistent record of getting up and keeping up smaller programs could be worth a shot.

June Jones has had success at Hawaii and SMU turning them into solid programs. The only things here are his age (early 60s?) and that he makes $2-2.5 million a year at SMU.

Utah State has improved each of the last 3 seasons under Gary Andersen.

I think that Mike MacIntyre would be my target. He has been at San Jose State for 3 seasons and they went 1-12 the first year, 5-7 the second year and 10-2 this year. That is a pretty quick and substantial turnaround in just 3 seasons.

If you are Cincinnati I think that you need to tell any prospective coaches that you are actively trying to get into either the Big 10 or ACC even if that isn't the case.
    I would love to see June Jones at Colorado. He's always been a favorite of mine. That man can put together a damn offense, that's for sure. He's a great QB talent evaluator too. I think he could have success in the PAC-10/12/14/16/18/100, and he brings an exciting brand of football that could energize that fan base that badly needs energizing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Not a bad hire. Sucks, I know they had their sights a lot higher to begin with. Jones was someone I was interested with for UK's job, though he was never my first choice. Should do alright down there, ties to the northern SEC states for recruiting.
    He was the first person that Kentucky went after for their opening.

vCash
    I would love to see June Jones at Colorado. He's always been a favorite of mine. That man can put together a damn offense, that's for sure. He's a great QB talent evaluator too. I think he could have success in the PAC-10/12/14/16/18/100, and he brings an exciting brand of football that could energize that fan base that badly needs energizing.
    thats an intriguing idea. I could get behind that if I were a Colorado guy. He's used to recruiting Pac-12 areas from his time at Hawaii as well. Would be a jump in conference from C-USA to Pac 12

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    thats an intriguing idea. I could get behind that if I were a Colorado guy. He's used to recruiting Pac-12 areas from his time at Hawaii as well. Would be a jump in conference from C-USA to Pac 12
    SMU is Big East now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast