Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phillip Adams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by weeman323 View Post
    We still need to draft CB and develop them. Maybe in the later round.
    agree we need to add some depth and someone that we can develop.

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    Bartell is gone and so is Spencer!!! But not Huff!

vCash
    Huff got scorched over and over again last night... he is not a cornerback, not really a safety either ... and therefor a cap casualty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Huff got scorched over and over again last night... he is not a cornerback, not really a safety either ... and therefor a cap casualty
    we dont have a cap hit either if we get rid of him. Im pretty sure he's gone regardless of solid play. He never lived up to his contract. Average player easily replaced with another Wheeler type signing. We will fill the team with some stopgaps like wheeler until we draft good players.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    That's funny! I thought I saw Bartell getting scorched over and over again. They seemed to stay away from Huff.

vCash
    I really like Huff's attitude and hustle. Unfortunately though, with all of the money we just gave Branch I believe our best bet would be to spend the money else where. I just don't see the $8 mil per year being feasible with our cap situation being what it is. Waaaay too many holes to fill. Thank you for your service and you will always be a Raider IMO.

vCash
    Huff blows

And he's not a CB, even Reggie agrees.

vCash
    Alright Huff may not be worth the $8 million. But we are short on capable CBs as well as many other positions so we might as well get by with what we have. Now we may have found another Chris Johnson in this Phillip Adams. This guy was regarded as a sleeper in the 2010 draft, something that Johnson was never seen as.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Adams had a good game, but that doesn't make him the next Champ Bailey. I look forward to see him in the future, but he's by no means a "keeper" at this point.

Another point? Reggie faced criticism when he cut Pat Lee and kept Phillip Adams. Well... Reggie got this one right. Get used to that phrase - I have a feeling we'll hear it more and more often.

Is anyone else starting to notice a trend about "McKenzie" players?
    Who the hell are you to say he is not a keeper? Were you ever a head coach or a scouting leader in the NFL? Did you ever work for an NFL team? I didn't think so.

Phillip Adams showed he has heart and he has the ability to make plays. That definitely translate into a quality NFL player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Well said! Wheeler and Burris... Hmmm trend indeed. Seems like there's a method to his madness.

Dont forget Streeter...another McKenzie find!

vCash
    Adams played very well last night, but let's look at the remainder of the season before hoping he has a roster spot next year. I believe the only guy thus far that has earned a spot back next year is Wheeler. This guy has overachieved and is a great leader for a hopefully up and coming defense.

His pick, to me was an ESPN Top 10, but we need more out of him and yes, we still need to focus on the secondary in the draft or in a FA. We have too many holes. I am also not quick to cast off Huff either. The guy comes to play and RM said he wants players who want to be here and I believe Huff has shown just that.

vCash
    I didn't even know he was on the team to be honest. I was thinking to myself " who the hell is Adams ? " .. He did come out of nowhere and stepped up big time to atleast try hard for the defense. He did seem to play with some heart.

I don't know much about him but I do want to see what more he can do.
    Darth Raider Meets The Legendary Al Davis !!!

To All My Oakland Raider Nation Brothers Remember .. Never Argue With An Idiot , First They Start The Fight. Then Bring You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Their Experience!

Oakland Raiders Fan For Life ~ GangsteRaider

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaFly View Post
    Who the hell are you to say he is not a keeper? Were you ever a head coach or a scouting leader in the NFL? Did you ever work for an NFL team? I didn't think so.

Phillip Adams showed he has heart and he has the ability to make plays. That definitely translate into a quality NFL player.
    I'm not ready to anoint Adams after two games.

I'm impressed by what he's done, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

...and that's what I wrote in my first post, which you apparently didn't read very carefully.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrown76 View Post
    Dont forget Streeter...another McKenzie find!
    I've got it as : Wheeler, Burris, Streater, Adams, Goodson, Stewart, in one cap-riddled off-season with no draft picks.

They're not super-stars, but they might be among the players who stick around. IMO, we're starting to see a legitimate foundation for the success of the 2013 team.

BTW - I'm not sold on Brisel being a scrub. Is he giving up pressure up the middle? Not usually. Furthermore, the run blocking has been sufficient, Oakland just chooses to employ runners who don't run to open space.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I've got it as : Wheeler, Burris, Streater, Adams, Goodson, Stewart, in one cap-riddled off-season with no draft picks.

They're not super-stars, but they might be among the players who stick around. IMO, we're starting to see a legitimate foundation for the success of the 2013 team.

BTW - I'm not sold on Brisel being a scrub. Is he giving up pressure up the middle? Not usually. Furthermore, the run blocking has been sufficient, Oakland just chooses to employ runners who don't run to open space.
    ^^^^ This!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast