Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I am on my phone but if you hittrackeronline most if not all of his home runs would go out in Citi.

He has pure power just not much else to this point but he could still develop into a better hitter.

Ultimately depends on the price.
    Yup you are right.

I read he could be had for prospects instead of Niese/Dickey. I'd deal a guy like Mejia or something.

All of his HR would go out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Yup you are right.

I read he could be had for prospects instead of Niese/Dickey. I'd deal a guy like Mejia or something.

Not necessarily. Every stadium effects the ball differently. Also who has come here and reproduced their power?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I am on my phone but if you check hittrackeronline most if not all of his home runs would go out in Citi.

He has pure power just not much else to this point but he could still develop into a better hitter.

Ultimately it depends on the price in return.

'Could' that's the problem, Niese and RA already 'do'.

I wouldn't give up Meija for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Not necessarily. Every stadium effects the ball differently. Also who has come here and reproduced their power?
    Toronto is up north, there is no added bonus to the ball carrying.

Scott Hairston? A similar hitter.

vCash
    Toronto is up north, there is no added bonus to the ball carrying.

Scott Hairston? A similar hitter.
    They're in a dome...

vCash
    They're in a dome...
    OK. But it's not like Rodgers Centre is a bandbox or anything.

JP has been a better hitter on the road. He fits our team nicely, he hits LHP well and he has power. He can start most of the games while Thole gets a few to spare him vs. RHP or when Dickey pitches.

vCash
    Yup you are right.

Not sure where you read he could be had for prospects but it's pretty inaccurate. Toronto is contending - they are not going to start Buck at catcher as JPA is far superior and TDA is not ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kanersen View Post
    Not sure where you read he could be had for prospects but it's pretty inaccurate. Toronto is contending - they are not going to start Buck at catcher as JPA is far superior and TDA is not ready.
    How is TDA not ready?

vCash
    'Could' that's the problem, Niese and RA already 'do'.

I wouldn't give up Meija for him.
    Well I would give up a lower level pitching spec or two for him.

RA Dickey or Niese is certainly not an option unless included with other quality specs in return.

vCash
    They're in a dome...
    Its technically a retractable roof.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-07-2012 at 05:37 PM.

vCash
    He isn't even as good as Buck. That's why they want to trade him, he's their 3rd best catcher.

Buck is the better overall hitter, with a career .308 wOBA vs. a career .305 wOBA. Both guys are really only a little better than Thole, who has a career .295 wOBA.

Defensively, they are all between 25%-27% in caught stealing rates, and Buck does the best overall job at controlling the running game, allowing the fewest steals per inning of the three (0.52 per 9 innings). Arencibia is very close to Thole, having allowed 0.67 steals per 9 innings to Thole's 0.64. And Arencibia is far and away the worst receiver of the three when it comes to passed balls and wild pitches, at 0.51 per 9 compared to 0.42 for Thole and 0.41 for Buck.

If fangraphs WAR, Arencibia comes out the worst of the three, at 0.83 WAR per 100 games, to 0.91 for Thole, and 1.08 for Buck.

The only reason to prefer Arencibia to Buck is that he's younger. Buck is easily the better overall catcher (and would actually be an upgrade over Thole).

vCash
    Baseball reference likes Arencibia's defense more. Also Buck is declined.

vCash
    JPA sucks... bad! Dude just can't hit. It's not like we're talking about Adam Dunn here, where he might hit .220 but with 40 HR's and 100 RBI's. If that were the case, then I'd definitely want JPA.... but we're talkin about a guy who continues to hit around .220 and at Citi would probably be more of a 15-20 HR guy. I don't wanna trade Dickey for a .220 hitter who might hit 20 HR's.

If we trade Dickey to TOR and JPA is coming back, we better be getting something like Gose and Syndergard too.....

I can see something like Dickey+mid-low level prospect for JPA, Gose, and Syndergard. I think this is reasonable considering the moves TOR has already made. They are in a win-now mode and Dickey fits the bill for them and could help put them over the top.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 12-07-2012 at 06:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    JPA sucks... bad! Dude just can't hit. It's not like we're talking about Adam Dunn here, where he might hit .220 but with 40 HR's and 100 RBI's. If that were the case, then I'd definitely want JPA.... but we're talkin about a guy who continues to hit around .220 and at Citi would probably be more of a 15-20 HR guy. I don't wanna trade Dickey for a .220 hitter who might hit 20 HR's.

If we trade Dickey to TOR and JPA is coming back, we better be getting something like Gose and Syndergard too.....

I can see something like Dickey+mid-low level prospect for JPA, Gose, and Syndergard. I think this is reasonable considering the moves TOR has already made. They are in a win-now mode and Dickey fits the bill for them and could help put them over the top.
    If you give JP 550-600 PA, he can hit 25-30 HR. He hit 23 last year in 486 PA, and 18 this year in 372 PA. None of his HR are cheap as he has natural pull power like Hairston so he'd hit the same in Citi.

I'd sign up for JP, Gose, and Syndergaard easily. Gives us two everyday players with good qualities and some bad ones, and a high-upside pitcher for the future.

vCash
    Baseball reference likes Arencibia's defense more. Also Buck is declined.
    Yeah true, B-R would have Arencibia the best of the three. But even there look at by how much. Even if I use B-R, and only look at the last 3 years, JPA comes to 0.91 WAR per 100 games, to 0.63 per Buck, to 0.34 for Thole.

So what is he getting you, an extra half win over Thole? You guys are seriously going to give up Mejia for an extra half win? I don't think B-R is right there, but even if they were, he's not worth all that much.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast