Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    What you are arguing is

-Buster Posey played second string behind Benjie Molina as a rookie on a championship caliber team because

a) He didn't have enough AAA PA's

-And that TDA deserves to start as a rookie on a championship caliber team because

a) He has enough AAA PA's
    b) He has produced in AAA

I am debating that
    a)Posey had more AAA PA's before being called up then TDA does now
    b)Posey has outproduced TDA posting a 900 and 1000 OPS in Triple A

from that point it seems your arguement now has changed to Posey needing more seasoning in Triple A after 2009, which has nothing to do with your original statement on
    explaining why Buster Posey played second string behind Benjie Molina as a rookie on a championship caliber team. Nor would it even explain why you think Posey didn't deserve to start even after accumulating those extra Triple A PA's ahead of Molina while posting a 1000 OPS. I can see how you are confused now because I am too.
    Last edited by kanersen; 12-08-2012 at 12:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Would Mejia not help in the pen? High upside power arm.
    Mejia would not help our pen - our pen is stacked. Meija would be in Triple A - no help to our major league team.
    Last edited by kanersen; 12-08-2012 at 12:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kanersen View Post
    What you are arguing is

-Buster Posey played second string behind Benjie Molina as a rookie on a championship caliber team because

a) He didn't have enough AAA PA's

-And that TDA deserves to start as a rookie on a championship caliber team because

a) He has enough AAA PA's
    b) He has produced in AAA

I am debating that
    a)Posey had more AAA PA's before being called up then TDA does now
    b)Posey has outproduced TDA posting a 900 and 1000 OPS in Triple A

from that point it seems your arguement now has changed to Posey needing more seasoning in Triple A after 2009, which has nothing to do with your original statement on
    explaining why Buster Posey played second string behind Benjie Molina as a rookie on a championship caliber team. Nor would it even explain why you think Posey didn't deserve to start even after accumulating those extra Triple A PA's ahead of Molina while posting a 1000 OPS. I can see how you are confused now because I am too.
    Well your first statement of "Buster Posey playing 2nd string to Bengie Molina" is wrong as Posey had more games played at catcher and had more PA than Molina even though he started the season at the end of May.

I said that he didn't have enough AAA PA to warrant starting the season with the club, but after he proved himself in AAA early 2010, it was clear he was ready. They gained an extra year of control with that decision.

Posey is a more elite talent than D'Arnaud, so his numbers would obviously be better. Keeping him there in AAA just so he won't catch a contending team is pretty dumb.

vCash
    Dude wtf he had 17 PA's in San Fran in 2009...there was no starting..he was a late season call up and still played behind Molina. He also started the season as Molina's backup well into 2010 before he took over the reigns. You can extrapolate the situation all you want. No matter the paint job you do, it's not going to explain why John freaking Buck should be the Jays starting catcher if all they are going to get is a AAA C-type prospect arm.

vCash
    Dude wtf he had 17 PA's in San Fran in 2009...there was no starting..he was a late season call up and still played behind Molina. He also started the season as Molina's backup well into 2010 before he took over the reigns. You can extrapolate the situation all you want. No matter the paint job you do, it's not going to explain why John freaking Buck should be the Jays starting catcher if all they are going to get is a AAA C-type prospect arm.
    I don't even know what you are talking about or what point you are trying to make. Once Posey came up in late May 2010, he was starting much more often than Molina right off the bat period.

When he came up, he only had about 50 PA more than TDA does right now. With the offense you have right now, I'm sure you could get away with having Buck as your catcher for a few weeks to have D'Arnaud under control for an extra season down the road. Either that, or start with him right away out of ST. It's a win-win situation.

And Mejia is not a C-prospect arm for the record. You can keep JPA if you want, I really don't give a ****. He's not even good, he's just better than the garbage we have and has power. To keep him as a back-up doesn't make much sense when you could probably get more for him on the trade market.

vCash
    You're absolutely right. I do not know what I was thinking, this is Meijia we are talking about here. Not sure why I can't even remember his first name, I'm sure it's just as legendary as he is going to be. And damn right yes he is much much better then a C type prospect. Obviously John Sickels must have brainwiped by his awsomness when compiling his midseason top 120 prospect rankings with him not even being on there while other C type prospects are....obviously.

And what am I thinking comparing John Buck to Benjie Molina. Fat Benjie getting kicked to the curb and traded to make room for Posey as you said almost right away in the 2010 season...after 200 PA's and 50+ games as the starting catcher...but yes he got kicked to the curb almost right away to make room for Posey because 200 PA's and 60 games is almost nothing.

I give up arguing, obviously I am not making any sense at all, to you most of all, and what you are saying is absolutely correct. I will call up Alex Anthopoulous and tell him to get the paperwork ready. 2012 Toronto Bluejay First Name Meija = Championship Time.

vCash
    And I never said JPA was "good". What i'm saying is John Buck is really bad. If you want to trade Meija for Buck by all means.

vCash
    You're absolutely right. I do not know what I was thinking, this is Meijia we are talking about here. Not sure why I can't even remember his first name, I'm sure it's just as legendary as he is going to be. And damn right yes he is much much better then a C type prospect. Obviously John Sickels must have brainwiped by his awsomness when compiling his midseason top 120 prospect rankings with him not even being on there while other C type prospects are....obviously.

And what am I thinking comparing John Buck to Benjie Molina. Fat Benjie getting kicked to the curb and traded to make room for Posey as you said almost right away in the 2010 season...after 200 PA's and 50+ games as the starting catcher...but yes he got kicked to the curb almost right away to make room for Posey because 200 PA's and 60 games is almost nothing.

I give up arguing, obviously I am not making any sense at all, to you most of all, and what you are saying is absolutely correct. I will call up Alex Anthopoulous and tell him to get the paperwork ready. 2012 Toronto Bluejay First Name Meija = Championship Time.
    Mejia is not eligible to be a prospect anymore thus he was not on the list.

The one thing about your post that is correct is that you aren't making any sense. I have no idea what your objective is here in this argument. If I was a Jays fan, I'd want TDA up as soon as possible with JPA traded while his value is highest. Buck is an adequate back-up who can get 100 PA or so. He is not as bad as he showed last year imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vtmet View Post
    he's not named Thole, Nickeas, Johnson or Shoppach...pretty much the only criteria that a catcher worth less than $5 Mil a year needs to appear to be an improvement over the Mets stable of catchers...
    "Mets stable of catchers". I just busted a gut on that one. More like the Mets sewage of catchers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    They're in a dome...
    Only on bad weather days. lol

vCash
    Mejia would not help our pen - our pen is stacked. Meija would be in Triple A - no help to our major league team.
    Our pen is stacked? it was the worst in baseball last year.

vCash
    He's a Toronto fan...

vCash
    He's talking about Toronto's bull pen.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    He's a Toronto fan...
    Ok, that would make sense*, otherwise he just made the dumbest comment in baseball history.

*I have not had coffee yet.

vCash
    And I never said JPA was "good". What i'm saying is John Buck is really bad. If you want to trade Meija for Buck by all means.
    Mejia for Busk would bother me no less than Mejia for Arencibia.

Not saying Buck is good, but I still think he's better than Arencibia.

If the Jays somehow really believe Arencibia is their starting catcher, then if I'm Sandy I would inquire about Buck. With three catchers on their roster, the Jays will have to admit sooner or later that one of them is a backup. Until then, might as well start negotiations with Miguel Olivo.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast