Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

JP Arencibia / Rajai Davis?

Anyone think that the Mets should go for the players? I think Davis would be a great guy to have in the lineup and the OF. He has amazing speed and very solid defense. I think the Mets could definitely get him for almost nothing because there's simply no room for him in Toronto. They have a full outfield already.
    I also think NY should try for JP too. We struggle at the catching every year, and he'll provide some pop in the lineup (he bats around .230 though) but I think he has good potential to be a .250 hitter with close to 30 homers.
    Anyone have any opinions? The Mets aren't my fav team and I don't know too much about their farm systems and strategies, so don't be mean if this sounds stupid lol

vCash
    It depends what the asking price is To be honest. Rajai Davis would be more of a place holder and JPA has power but other then that is completely mediocre. They missed out on Revere who would have been PERFECT for them. However the Phillies gave up more then what I would be willing to give up from a Mets perspective.

Ehh Idk. JPA would be a good fit but not worth someone like Dickey.

Davis is more of a final piece kind of player and more of a fourth outfielder.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    It depends what the asking price is To be honest. Rajai Davis would be more of a place holder and JPA has power but other then that is completely mediocre. They missed out on Revere who would have been PERFECT for them. However the Phillies gave up more then what I would be willing to give up from a Mets perspective.

Ehh Idk. JPA would be a good fit but not worth someone like Dickey.

Davis is more of a final piece kind of player and more of a fourth outfielder.
    Good post.
    I think it would be good if the Mets got any of those guys, but as long as its not gonna cost them good prospects

vCash
    These are guys who will likely be available on waivers if you wait a year.

vCash
    Ill take them but not if the price is too high

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    No, Davis absolutely blows. JP is not much better.

vCash
    Toronto fans on their website talk about JPA as being mediocre as a catcher with power his only hitting attribute. They just reacquired Buck while awaiting D'Arnaud to arrive mid year. JPA is soon to be surplus goods but not worth Dickey...maybe a guy like Mejia may get him but Mejia could become a star while JPA may never be more than a second tier catcher. Think Ed Hearn for David Cone....goid deal for us but wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of that deal.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    IMP JP won't work here... Low batting average with a good amount of HRs in a hitters park, doesn't sound like something that will work for the mets.

vCash
    God knows what the fuss about Arencibia is.

vCash

JP Arencibia / Rajai Davis?

I don't either. I keep asking people to tell me what's so great about this guy, other than the fact that he plays catcher and has some power.

Sounds like a fairly mediocre hitter. Why chase this guy?
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    He's never going to be a good on-base guy, but his power is real and we could sorely use some. We need less punch-less hitters in our line-up. JP can actually drive in some runners unlike Thole.

vCash
    His power will be nullified at Citi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Not in the new Citi. He's got pull power, like Hairston.

vCash
    After his season in Las Vagas where he hit .301/.359/.626, his ML Equivalency suggested he would hit .240/.291/.474 in Toronto good for a .765 OPS instead of the .225/.279/.437 line he's hit over the past two seasons.

I'd like to bring him in because if he plays everyday, he can hit 25+ HR while playing solid average defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    I am on my phone but if you check hittrackeronline most if not all of his home runs would go out in Citi.

He has pure power just not much else to this point but he could still develop into a better hitter.

Ultimately it depends on the price in return.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-07-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast