Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    How the bleep am I a 'hater' of the Knicks?

You don't know me son.

I'm here almost every night son.

Find me a post where I'm trash talking the Knicks? There aren't any.

Meanwhile where is Nando? Gone. You don't see him around. Why? Because he's a Knick hater.

Come on son! /edlover
    I recommend you just stay away from this thread.
    Do yourself the favor and just let it go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    I recommend you just stay away from this forum.
    Do yourself the favor and just GTFO.
    fixed.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Dued eym stilll waisted from last knight
    Fixed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    Fixed.
    ahahaha!!

Dude in all honestly I wasn't even drunk, had about 4 beers during the game, I was just amped as hell.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    ahahaha!!

Dude in all honestly I wasn't even drunk, had about 4 beers during the game, I was just amped as hell.
    Come on bro. Step your drinking game up.
    It's not a party without Drunk D-Leethal and KnicksorBust.

But I don't blame you. That was the one night I'd want my brain cells to stay intact to preserve the memory of Hurricane Knicks at Miami.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    Include brent barry... you can all suck our ***
    LMAO I thought I was the only one Brent Barry is up there with Charles. John Berry is good Brent is just a hater.

vCash
    Someone find that video of Lebron and Wade laughing at the Knicks when Charles interviewed them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knickerbockerny View Post
    Someone find that video of Lebron and Wade laughing at the Knicks when Charles interviewed them.
    http://telly.com/BISV0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    Man no mercy on the Heat, every time the Knicks play them, they should strive to embarrass them!!!

vCash
    This is one of my favorites and we have a thread from it by funkybudda who was so happy Vessey wrote it lol.........do double dagger............bang!

My question peter, and you should be fired for this garbage, but will you apologize as you state Dolan would never admit his mistakes???????????

I'd love to thread this so someone shows it to him lol..............such a piece of work.

Don’t count on Knicks improvement - Peter Vecsey NY Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    The Knicks are now 1-8 as playoff pushovers since the acquisition of Carmelo Anthony was proclaimed the best trade in franchise history by several skewed media masterminds, who apparently never heard of Dave DeBusschere, Earl Monroe, Bernard King or, for that matter, Jerry Lucas, Latrell Sprewell and Marcus Camby.

Having skidded down the Candyland chute twice in succession and landed in a heap of soiled expectations, Anthony slashed his usually vivid, upbeat imagination and predicted the Knicks would be one of the East’s top four teams next season.

In other words, if you awoke as a Knicks fan yesterday morning, this morning or any morning in the immediate future, there doesn’t seem to be all that much to get excited about. That may scrupulously bother a chunk of over-paying patsies, but it certainly doesn’t dissuade enough from unwaveringly filling Madison Square Garden season after sorry season.

Disenchanted or impractical, the questions posed by one and all are plain and simple: How do the Knicks get appreciably better? Or, at the minimum, how do they improve enough to gain home-court advantage and avoid almost certain first-round eradication?

Depose Commandant James Dolan!

That’s the only definitive way. Any other means, other than teams in front of them (Boston, Orlando, Atlanta?) fading into futility, will be pure luck. Help is not on the way.

Here are the frosty facts:
    The Knicks currently-corroded roster already is capsized...for the next three seasons. I repeat; they’re over the existing $58 million threshold for the next three seasons and that’s with just seven, four and four active players signed.
    What’s more, Mike Woodson’s isolation offense (forcefully endorsed by Dolan, no doubt) revolves around a high-maintenance hurler who’s getting as much preferential treatment from management off the court, I’m told, as he is from his coach on it.

There’s no denying when Anthony is on his game, he’s really on it! And when he’s on it, he even plays hard on defense. But how can he say with a straight face he’s trying his best when he had 11 assists and 14 turnovers for the five-game series?

Anthony is a wing player with a handle who sees the floor when he wants to, when he gets the urge. He gets doubled every time he touches the ball. Doesn’t his conscience nag him to pass more often? Last I looked, and every previous time, there were two Heat players crowding him. I’m guessing someone had to be open.

Yes, Anthony said “Nighty-Night” with back-to-back 30-plus point performances, including a 31-shot salute (one assist) in Game 5. I guarantee you he left the arena thinking: “Hey, I did my part.”

It’s just not in his make-up to sacrifice for the good of the team. I wrote that after Dolan commandeered control of trade negotiations with Denver from team president Donnie Walsh and gave away his franchise’s literal future. I’m re-writing it today. And I’m sure I’ll write it once or twice in upcoming seasons....unless the Knicks trade Anthony.

Don’t count on the contemplation of such any time soon. It takes years for Dolan to admit (see Isiah Thomas) his mortal mistakes. If and when, surely there will be a billionaire salivating for what Anthony has to offer. Mark Cuban, for instance, especially if he comes up dry in his quest to sign Deron Williams and obtain Dwight Howard.

In the meantime, how will the Knicks overcome Melo’s egocentricity? Securing a pinup player he’d happily share shots with? That might work, though I’m hard-pressed to think of anyone other than Kobe Bryant.

Another feasible option is to get a point guard Melo wouldn’t find objectionable. Someone to take over his ball handling responsibilities, which would mean he’d only touch it in choice scoring position and diminish the team’s shot disparity to an acceptable ecological level.

Steve Nash makes perfect sense, if the Knicks could afford him, which they can’t. Furthermore, he’s as much about banking big money as he is about making great passes; can’t envision him settling for the $1.2 million veteran’s minimum.

The Knicks have one $5 million mid-level exception to spend and that’s unflinchingly slotted for Jeremy Lin. That’s why J.R. Smith has played his last game for New York. Dollars and sense dictates he’ll opt out of his $2.5 million 2012-13 salary. Regardless of his unsavory shot selection, Mini-Melo is bound to get more than double that figure elsewhere.
    As for Lin, he transformed the Garden back into a happening place, turned around the Knicks’ gloomy attitude, provoked far too much worldwide exuberance and increased Dolan’s decimals. Neither Nash nor anybody else is about to appropriate that relatively paltry payday.

(FYI: Any under-the-cap team can tender Lin an offer sheet for whatever loot that’s available. The Knicks are allowed to match up to the NBA average, roughly $5 million the first year, and retain his services. If a team gives him more than $5 million per year, the Knicks match the first year at $5 million and then pay whatever the second year (and beyond) calls for according to the offer sheet. Meaning there’s no way they lose Lin.)

Trade Amar’e Stoudemire? We’ve already been through that. Only a team looking to dump an equal amount of toxic waste on the Knicks is going to assume his uninsurable $64 million, three-year obligation.

If there was a real coaching option, I’d be tempted to run Woodson out of town, but there isn’t. Hence, he’ll get to coach Anthony the way Dolan diagrammed it and progress will be glacial.

peter.vecsey@nypost.com

Link: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...#ixzz1uZWpVLL2

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    LOL my response back then to that article:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...99&postcount=2

vCash
    then I read this and almost choked on my coffee laughing so hard:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...7&postcount=19

vCash

vCash
    what an interesting thread, some posters may want to shy away lol

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...3&postcount=51

vCash
    I don't partake in Twitter but it would be great if a bunch of PSDers excepted these quotes and sent Tweets back to all these people demanding they admit thei stupidity or something like that. Actually the more formulaic and uniform the statement and the more people who send it. The more impact it will have.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast