Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Redemption Thread - Expose the Haters

This is a little shallow but IDC. The media clowned us this offseason so i am making this a thread for us to post links or copy/paste articles that were written in the offseason disrespecting the knicks.

I know Chad Ford gave Grades for offseason moves and im pretty sure he gave us a bad grade while giving the Celtics an A. I couldn't find a link as I am not an "espn insider" so if someone in the forum is an insider plz copy paste what he gave us for an offseason grade.

Here is what John Hollinger wrote about us:

I don't get what the Knicks did at all. They opened free agency spending like drunken sailors, using some creativity from their front office (in the form of non-guaranteed contracts to bit players) to create the salary ballast to execute three sign-and-trade deals. Unfortunately, they used it to sign a pair of geriatric vets to three-year deals. Jason Kidd and Marcus Camby will likely help them some this season, but this was classic New York shoot-money-out-the-firehouse stuff.

Please use this thread to expose all these "experts" in the media that made a mockery of us in the offseason.

I know you guys have some Bill Simmons articles or audio clips.

PLEASE PROVIDE NAMES WHEN POSTING. WE NEED TO HOLD THESE GUYS ACCOUNTABLE LOL
    Last edited by KnickerBockerAL; 12-07-2012 at 01:52 PM.

vCash
    ^^You know the deal, everyone said we got older and would be injury riddled thorughout the year.

Funny how the only people injured right now is our young core.

Also funnier that most media outlets only spoke of the average age of the team rather than what minutes were going to be distributed to who (Obviously our core guys have an average age of only around 28 and the vets only see around 20 mpg.)

They forgot to mention all these "grandpas" we got pretty much were injury free the majority of their careers aside from Camby and Kurt when they were YOUNG (late 90's.)

A lot of misnomers about this team, and not surprisingly, the only people who knew how good this team could truly be was us on PSD. I swear the fans on our board are some of the most educated I know- it reminds me so much of talking to dudes at games at MSG back in the 90's where most of the fans in the arena really knew their basketball.

All those guys---Stephen A Smith, Chuck Barkley, Hollinger, Chad Ford, Marc Stein, Sources Broussard, etc, can all suck it.

My beloved Knicks are finally back.....

vCash
    I thought this thread was gonna be about Stoic and Nando.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    me too...

There are alot of posters on here who claim to be fans yet always say we're going to lose.

vCash
    Can't have a Thread like this without a quote from our beloved Charles barkley!

They don’t rebound the ball well and they’re not a good defensive team,” Barkley said. “I really think that’s going to be their downfall. I don’t foresee them getting better, to be honest with you.”

“I think Joe Johnson is going to be huge in Brooklyn, because he’s more of a role player,” Barkley said. “The problem he had in Atlanta was they expected him to be the best player. The best player (in Brooklyn) is Deron Williams. So I really think that they’re the best team in New York.”
    "Teamwork makes the Dream work"

vCash
    Include brent barry... you can all suck our ***

Battle of the Tanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    Include brent barry... you can all suck our ***
    find the quotes and put em up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Can't have a Thread like this without a quote from our beloved Charles barkley!

They don’t rebound the ball well and they’re not a good defensive team,” Barkley said. “I really think that’s going to be their downfall. I don’t foresee them getting better, to be honest with you.”

“I think Joe Johnson is going to be huge in Brooklyn, because he’s more of a role player,” Barkley said. “The problem he had in Atlanta was they expected him to be the best player. The best player (in Brooklyn) is Deron Williams. So I really think that they’re the best team in New York.”
    nice! thanks for contributing.

vCash
    Lets get some more Links/Quotes!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    We can always post their posts which would be amusing. It will probably be an 80 page thread by the end of the day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    me too...

There are alot of posters on here who claim to be fans yet always say we're going to lose.
    And I'm getting tired of it.

vCash
    By Bradford Doolittle | Basketball Prospectus
    The Knicks are assembling an old, expensive team that looks good -- but not great -- on paper and that has nothing but downside in its future. Five years ago, the group that the Knicks have assembled would have been a contender. But players age, get injured and lose athleticism. It's a fact of life that New York never seems to learn.
    cool story bro

we shall see

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    me too...

Both of them are frauds!! Stoic needs to be banned because all he does is troll. I don't think Nando posted once in the game thread last night. That guy is a fraud! He's a Nets fan and needs to stay out of the Knicks forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    This... Woodsons system will run through Anthony, Felton's job will be to get the ball to Melo and stat IMO and occasionally drive and hit a couple of open three's. No way he scores more then 12-(13 max) PPG in Woodson's system. I would be surprised if he did especially with Kidd and Prigoni behind him.

I still think Felton should come off the bench with the second unit, Kidd fits in better with the first unit IMO
    Ray Ray is sitting at 17pts/7assts per game and only getting better

vCash
    http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1609805

Here's one with them making fun about the age of our players. They need to ask the Heat if its a laughing matter now!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast