Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Woody For Coach Of The Year!

I personally think Spolstera is the favorite to win it. But Woody def has a case. It would be awesome if he gets it. What are your thoughts on this?

vCash
    Something tells me that he won't win it....but he is def deserving that's for sure...

I think he is very underrated as an in-game strategist....but he can show his merit in this year's playoffs....

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

vCash
    definitely honorable mention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FYL_McVeezy View Post
    Something tells me that he won't win it....but he is def deserving that's for sure...

I think he is very underrated as an in-game strategist....but he can show his merit in this year's playoffs....
    Your post was spot on. He was learning as he went on this season which is a credit to him. I believe he may be one of the better coaches in the league coming out of timeouts and halftime adjustments.

vCash
    With all the injuries including some to Melo, he's coached this team to a division title and a second seed. I think that says a lot about him. I think Copeland has won him over with his play lately and is going hard for Woody on the court. The veteran make up of this team has been invaluable.

vCash
    I think he should be a serious candidate at least. I dont think Spolestra should win it though, I think the team's success is more due to the brilliance of Lebron James as opposed to coaching.

I think Greg Popvich should win it.

But Executive of the Year, should go to Glen Grunwald. THATS FOR SURE! JR Smith, Jason Kidd, Raymond Felton, Steve Novak, Kenyon Martin, Rasheed Wallace, Pablo Prigioni, even Ronnie Brewer (first quarter of the season). HUGE PIECES!

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    Championship!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickerBockerAL View Post
    I personally think Spolstera is the favorite to win it. But Woody def has a case. It would be awesome if he gets it. What are your thoughts on this?
    Spo the fav? He should be the last person to win it. As long as the Big 3 is in town Spo wont win it. Woody should have a strong case with the Knicks locking up the second seed.
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

vCash
    let me look for the link to the "woodson will be the downfall of this club" thread
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    definitely a lot of candidates this year.

Look at Thibs (who's their star?)
    Look at Rivers (no Rondo, no KG, old *** roster)
    Look at McHale (personally I think he should win it, that roster has 1 yr. NBA starting experience)
    Look at Spolstra (28 in a row)
    Look at Woodson (more injuries than any coach, but he does have one of the best players in the league, #2 seed w/ all that)
    Look at PJ??? (I mean they are #4 after tanking)
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    There was a stretch of the season where woody was super stubburn and making a lot of bad choices.

But he has changed. He is flexible and that is one of his biggest strengths. I would say there isn't anything he is masterclass at, but he makes the team solid all around, offense, defense, hes astute in everything. I'd say his best quality is player relations and forming good relationships with guys and getting the best out of everyone. I mean look at this friggin roster. Oldest team in NBA history, and hes making old rookies, and vets play the best they really can. Hes made JR Smith completely turn around, because honestly its probably because hes the only coach who ever treated him like a man that he could work with and help change and not an lost cause idiot like Im sure some others have.

The only player I wish he would handle a little better is shumpert. But theres still a lot of time for him especially coming off a major injury Im not gonna grasp for straws.

vCash
    Considering all the injuries weve had this year woodson still coached the knicks to a 2nd seed and a division title. No other team had to deal with as many injuries throughout the entire year like us. Woody is definately my COTY. if he doesnt win it he should at least be runner up.

CARMELOOOOOOO ANTHONYYYYYY!!!

vCash
    I think ppl under estimate how tough it is as a coach to manage a team coming off a championship. Spolstera has had to keep the Heat motivated and playing hard every night when the players all know the regular season is just a dress rehearsal for them. Look how the Heat started the season. They had a lot of bad losses to start (us, Wizards and Milwaukee blew them out). So i dont think its fair to just say "Oh Lebron is the reason for Miami's record breaking success, not spolstera"

I think Spolstera deserves a lot of credit. Just trying to be fair in my analysis of the COY race.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew View Post
    Spo the fav? He should be the last person to win it. As long as the Big 3 is in town Spo wont win it. Woody should have a strong case with the Knicks locking up the second seed.
    I agree with you. However, if you win 27 games in a row, you win coach of the year. Big 3 or not. That's just the way it goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    There was a stretch of the season where woody was super stubburn and making a lot of bad choices.

But he has changed. He is flexible and that is one of his biggest strengths. I would say there isn't anything he is masterclass at, but he makes the team solid all around, offense, defense, hes astute in everything. I'd say his best quality is player relations and forming good relationships with guys and getting the best out of everyone. I mean look at this friggin roster. Oldest team in NBA history, and hes making old rookies, and vets play the best they really can. Hes made JR Smith completely turn around, because honestly its probably because hes the only coach who ever treated him like a man that he could work with and help change and not an lost cause idiot like Im sure some others have.

The only player I wish he would handle a little better is shumpert. But theres still a lot of time for him especially coming off a major injury Im not gonna grasp for straws.
    Not sure when he was super stubborn, maybe when he continued to play JR off the bench (now he's 6th man of the year)?

Maybe when he placed draconian minute restrictions on Amare (well we know how that went)?

Maybe when he played Melo despite Melo being injured (well come to find out Melo didn't want the much need procedure, so the stubborn one was Melo)?

Wow, I'm not sure how to handle a player like Shump, coming off of major injury and who depends so much on his athleticism. I'll tell you he's handling it better than they are in Chicago.

I'm glad you recognize him for relationships, because that is a huge part of NBA coaching. X&O's mean a lot, but there is more to getting the best out of your players than just that. For example, look at Cope. I think he was managed perfectly, and when you read the article on the thread about him you can see that.

Managing ball players is probably a lot like managing fighters, and I think Woody deserves an A for that.

My man Ike got a bad rap

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast