Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1083
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    no **** the Raps will take that deal. Lakers won't. If I was the Lakers GM, i wouldn't want Bargs and Klieza, would you?

Gasol is still worth more playing off of the bench than what the Raps are offerin.

It's a matter of gasol being unhappy being forced to give Howard distance in the post in dantoni's system. Mike wants perimeter shooters which Bargs and Klieza fit. Also it gives them some depth and financial relief from tax.

vCash
    I've never been one of those stat guys, because I actually play and watch basketball but Rudy Gay's PER is only 14.4 lol I think that's pretty bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    It's a matter of gasol being unhappy being forced to give Howard distance in the post in dantoni's system. Mike wants perimeter shooters which Bargs and Klieza fit. Also it gives them some depth and financial relief from tax.
    hey if they are winning and can find space for Howard and Gasol, I think they will keep him regardless. you don't simply give in to one of the best all round big men in the NBA for a big who shies away from rebounds. this is the Lakers we are talking about. money doesn't matter as long as stars are there.

I'm sure if/once they figure it out, Gasol will be happy. winning cures most ailments lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    hey if they are winning and can find space for Howard and Gasol, I think they will keep him regardless. you don't simply give in to one of the best all round big men in the NBA for a big who shies away from rebounds. this is the Lakers we are talking about. money doesn't matter as long as stars are there.

I'm sure if/once they figure it out, Gasol will be happy. winning cures most ailments lol
    I agree that if they start winning they won't be moving him. However, they haven't been. They were on a brutal losing streak. As mentioned above, Pau seems a bit out of place, even though he's still putting in work. I also think they are lacking depth. When the old-timers need a break, they get destroyed. A 3 way deal where they get Bargnani and some depth would be enticing I think.

vCash
    Sounds like Josh Smith is expected to be traded. I don't understand why Atlanta would do this? They have a ton of cap-room and should be able to resign him. What do you think Atlanta would want? And do you think we could resign smith?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magikmc View Post
    I agree that if they start winning they won't be moving him. However, they haven't been. They were on a brutal losing streak. As mentioned above, Pau seems a bit out of place, even though he's still putting in work. I also think they are lacking depth. When the old-timers need a break, they get destroyed. A 3 way deal where they get Bargnani and some depth would be enticing I think.
    no, its not. not enticing at all. Bargnani SUCKS.

Heck, people on this team doesn't even want Bargnani back let alone trading him away from nothing or even amnestying him

vCash
    wow now a pick involved!! idk bout this one

Woj-
    The final hurdle for the salary dump of Memphis Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay to the Toronto Raptors hinges on finding a third team to absorb the expiring contract of Raptors guard Jose Calderon, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Grizzlies have inquired with multiple teams over the past several days, searching for a willing partner to facilitate a three-team deal, sources said. Despite organizational proclamations to the contrary, new Memphis ownership and management is determined to unload Gay and the $37 million owed him as soon as possible, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. Calderon has a $10.5 million expiring contract.

“With so many quality point guards, they’re struggling to find a spot for Calderon,” one league general manager told Yahoo! Sports. Preferably, the Grizzlies want a less expensive small forward to plug into the lineup for Gay, sources said. Memphis has been relentless in shopping Gay over the past several weeks. In a proposed deal, Memphis would likely receive another young Raptors player and a future draft pick, sources said. The Grizzlies have unsuccessfully tried to pry Raptors rookie Terrence Ross as part of the deal, sources said. Toronto has deemed Ross untouchable in these talks.

Recently, the Grizzlies’ front office dumped three contracts and a first-round pick – including Mareese Speights, Wayne Ellington and Josh Shelby – onto the Cleveland Cavaliers to get under the luxury-tax threshold.

At 29-15, the Grizzlies are currently the fourth seed in the Western Conference playoff race. Beyond Gay, the Grizzlies have nearly $65 million in contracts locked into forward Zach Randolph and center Marc Gasol through the 2014-15 season. They are determined to lessen luxury-tax implications of holding onto three significant contracts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spreadeagle View Post
    wow now a pick involved!! idk bout this one

Woj-
    well its either Terrence Ross or the first round draft pick right? and Ed Davis is probably the young piece that they are getting (along with Calderon in the trade talks)

the funniest thing is that noone wants to give up an asset for Calderon. They all believe
    1. they have a better point guard
    2. they don't want to give up a young developing SF to Memphis for Caldy (since decent SFs are hard to come by nowadays in the NBA)

vCash
    Because I'm bored...

Calderon and Davis for Gay and Wroten Jr.

Bargnani, Kleiza, Ross, Lucas for Gasol, Sacre, Duhon

Lowry/Duhon
    DeRozan/Anderson
    Gay/Fields
    Gasol/Acy
    Amir/Valanciunas

If Colangelo really wants to build around Gay, Lowry and DeRozan, he may has well take it a step further...

vCash
    ^ as unlikely as it is, it's pretty exciting that we have the assets to possibly create a team as good as that one right there. i'm saying this without dissecting too closely the players involved and how they might play together as a group, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Because I'm bored...

Calderon and Davis for Gay and Wroten Jr.

Bargnani, Kleiza, Ross, Lucas for Gasol, Sacre, Duhon

Lowry/Duhon
    DeRozan/Anderson
    Gay/Fields
    Gasol/Acy
    Amir/Valanciunas

If Colangelo really wants to build around Gay, Lowry and DeRozan, he may has well take it a step further...
    I am not sure why the lakers would make that deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    ^ as unlikely as it is, it's pretty exciting that we have the assets to possibly create a team as good as that one right there. i'm saying this without dissecting too closely the players involved and how they might play together as a group, but still.
    My logic is simple. If BC is willing to drop his young assets and expiring contracts to get a guy like Gay, you'd have to be willing to take it a step further. If the deal is in fact something surrounding Calderon/Davis (and probably a 2nd rounder as well as a guy like Acy?) he may as well dangle Ross with Bargnani to see what else is out there. There is then big money committed at SG/SF with DeRozan and Gay. He isn't going to be able to sign any big free agents if we are in this cap situation, so we may as well try and trade for some bigger names. If you are going to try and win now, then try and win now. No sense doing things "half way."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    I am not sure why the lakers would make that deal.
    As long as they are winning I'm sure they aren't in a rush to do anything. But Gasol has stated he is unhappy coming off the bench long-term. D'Antoni has long found use for "stretch bigs" in his system and could see value to Bargnani's offense in a front court beside Howard. Terrence Ross is also an excellent young asset that gives them depth and future potential at the wing. Kleiza is a depth piece. They also shed Duhon's larger salary for a cheaper 3rd string PG in Lucas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    My logic is simple. If BC is willing to drop his young assets and expiring contracts to get a guy like Gay, you'd have to be willing to take it a step further. If the deal is in fact something surrounding Calderon/Davis (and probably a 2nd rounder as well as a guy like Acy?) he may as well dangle Ross with Bargnani to see what else is out there. There is then big money committed at SG/SF with DeRozan and Gay. He isn't going to be able to sign any big free agents if we are in this cap situation, so we may as well try and trade for some bigger names. If you are going to try and win now, then try and win now. No sense doing things "half way."
    It's not the time yet to flip all of our young guys. If the youth is gone then the team better be a contending team because there is nowhere to go but down in that case.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    It's not the time yet to flip all of our young guys. If the youth is gone then the team better be a contending team because there is nowhere to go but down in that case.
    If that is the opinion, then I'm not upset with the direction of developing the youth. I just don't think you can go ahead and trade lottery picks for Lowry and expiring contracts along with blossoming young PF's like Ed Davis for very expensive borderline all stars and then hope that the youth pans out to surround them. If you are going to start trading your youth for higher priced commodities that aren't controllable for very long, you need to be committed to building around them within the short window you are creating for yourself.