Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1083
  1. #1006
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,326
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    He's not versatile enough to guard every position on the perimeter, only PG's. Besides being a good defender he can't do anything eles besides hit the open 3. He's only a good defender of PG's despite being foul prone and gets absolutely abused when guarding SG's. The dilemma with him is that he is a SG stuck in a PG's body. He can't orchestrate an offence and he can't guard SG's. People on this forum hated the two PG lineup and that is essentially what bringing in Bradley would be solidifying considering that we don't really have any players that can consistently run an offence and create for others outside of our PG position.

    Bradley's defensive stats: http://www.82games.com/1213/12BOS2.HTM look at his net production by position.
    it's sort of tough to ignore the fact that 5 of the Celtics top 6 units (according to the same link you posted) included Bradley and Rondo on the floor at the same time. maybe Rondo is the one guarding the opposing 2? i don't know. just something i noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  2. #1007
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Pharcyde of the Moon
    Posts
    10,659
    vCash
    4500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    it's sort of tough to ignore the fact that 5 of the Celtics top 6 units (according to the same link you posted) included Bradley and Rondo on the floor at the same time. maybe Rondo is the one guarding the opposing 2? i don't know. just something i noticed.
    Those stats can be a little confusing. The top 5 man units are the 5 man units that Bradley has played with most often. Not necessarily the best units. They are ordered by most minutes played.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

  3. #1008
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,326
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Those stats can be a little confusing. The top 5 man units are the 5 man units that Bradley has played with most often. Not necessarily the best units. They are ordered by most minutes played.
    haha i suppose i should have noticed that every single one of them included Bradley instead of thinking damn this guy is vital lol
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  4. #1009
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Pharcyde of the Moon
    Posts
    10,659
    vCash
    4500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    haha i suppose i should have noticed that every single one of them included Bradley instead of thinking damn this guy is vital lol
    I made the same mistake before as well, lol. Here are the top 5-man units that the Celtics use, Bradley is on the 6th most used unit.

    http://www.82games.com/1213/1213BOS2.HTM
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

  5. #1010
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    T Dot O Dot
    Posts
    16,917
    vCash
    1500
    If we're not getting back Bradley and a 1st from the Celtics then we shouldn't be open to discussion.

    People are actually interested in Jeff Green? He's a slightly better LF offensively with a worse contract. No thanks.

  6. #1011
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,372
    vCash
    1500
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aplfdqt

    Any feedback on this trade? Although I'm not sure LA would want to move Pau if they keep winning.

    Tweaks to it? Likes? Dislikes?

    Toronto Gets:
    Bradley
    Gasol

    Boston Gets:
    Lowry

    LA Gets:
    Bargnani
    Kleiza
    Lee

  7. #1012
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    50
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by magikmc View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aplfdqt

    Any feedback on this trade? Although I'm not sure LA would want to move Pau if they keep winning.

    Tweaks to it? Likes? Dislikes?

    Toronto Gets:
    Bradley
    Gasol

    Boston Gets:
    Lowry

    LA Gets:
    Bargnani
    Kleiza
    Lee
    How about swapping out the Lakers with the Timberwolves and instead of Gasol its for Derrek williams??, it seems like the t wolves could use a Bargs especially with k love coming off injury also the raps would get a possible starting 3/4 out of the deal and of course boston gets their pg. Thoughts. im not sure the t wolves would want kleiza though, they would likely have to get a 1st rounder from someone.

  8. #1013
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,657
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post

    He's not versatile enough to guard every position on the perimeter, only PG's. Besides being a good defender he can't do anything eles besides hit the open 3. He's only a good defender of PG's despite being foul prone and gets absolutely abused when guarding SG's. The dilemma with him is that he is a SG stuck in a PG's body. He can't orchestrate an offence and he can't guard SG's. People on this forum hated the two PG lineup and that is essentially what bringing in Bradley would be solidifying considering that we don't really have any players that can consistently run an offence and create for others outside of our PG position.
    .
    Bullsh**. He held SG's to a 7.6 PER last season. He's absolutely an elite perimeter defender. For comparison Shumpert allowed opposing SGs 16.3 PER last season.

  9. #1014
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Pharcyde of the Moon
    Posts
    10,659
    vCash
    4500
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Bullsh**. He held SG's to a 7.6 PER last season. He's absolutely an elite perimeter defender. For comparison Shumpert allowed opposing SGs 16.3 PER last season.
    So far this season he has regressed...irregardless he's still a scrub and his team has been playing sub-par basketball whenever he is on the court.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

  10. #1015
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,657
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    So far this season he has regressed...
    Most likely because he was freaken awesome last season and he has only played in 13 games (hello SSS) working his way back from injury. Context is important.

    irregardless he's still a scrub and his team has been playing sub-par basketball whenever he is on the court.
    Statistically they play worse with Rondo on the court too, is he scrub?

    He's also only 22, and looks like could easily be Tony Allen 2.0. Im not sure why you would just make stuff up and say "he gets abused by SGs". If you dont like a player that's fine, but dont spew inaccurate garbage.

  11. #1016
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,657
    vCash
    1500
    From Grantland...

    Toronto Raptors

    I'm burying the lead a bit, but this might be the most realistic and intriguing trade partner for Boston. Two deals jump out:

    1. Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon for Pierce and Bass

    Boston can barely squeeze this deal under the hard cap. The lure for Toronto is dumping Bargnani's salary, getting someone who would immediately step in as their best wing player, and finding a cheaper jump-shooting big in whom they've expressed some past interest.

    Boston gets a point guard who can hold the fort for the rest of the season, and a big man who might fit with Rondo. Remember that bit about how Boston lacks a Tyson Chandler–style hard roller among its bigs? It also lacks a power forward who can stretch the floor out to the 3-point line — a type of player who could blend nicely with Rondo's inside-out skills. One reason Terry has attempted so few shots via the pick-and-roll this season is that he doesn't have Nowitzki as a partner; opponents fear Nowitzki's jumper so deeply, they have their big men stay attached to him on pick-and-rolls, opening a lane for Dallas guards.

    Boston fans who cringe at Bargnani's no-defense, no-rebounding game — and his $11.1 million average annual salary through 2014-15 — have to understand this: There isn't much of a market for the Bass-Terry-Lee collection of long-term midsize contracts, and a team in Toronto's situation has no urgent need for an aging veteran wing to block DeMar DeRozan and Terrence Ross. Bargnani's contract cramps the books, but the impact could be neutral if Bass goes out the door and Garnett retires before the 2014-15 season.

    Another potential deal:

    2. Kyle Lowry, Bargnani, and cap filler (likely Aaron Gray, who is tall) for Pierce and Bass

    The same general reasons apply here, though the Raptors might be reluctant to deal Lowry with Calderon's contract expiring. There is a divide between the front office and the coaching staff on the Lowry/Calderon issue, but the front office prefers Lowry, and the front office signs off on trades.

    Again: Boston is free to pitch a straight deal of Bass (or Lee, or Terry) along with a first-round pick for Lowry, but Toronto has little reason to do this, unless Boston's pick looks like a certain lottery pick by February 21. And even then, it would likely be toward the end of the lottery. Toronto has two bigs playing well in Ed Davis and Amir Johnson, and young wings who need time.
    The only reason I like the idea of Pierce is to flip him, ideally this offseason (we could help gain value for the pick we gave up for Lowry if Pierce helps the team to a better record this season).

    Pierce would be a big time trade asset as an expiring next year.

  12. #1017
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Pharcyde of the Moon
    Posts
    10,659
    vCash
    4500
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Most likely because he was freaken awesome last season and he has only played in 13 games (hello SSS) working his way back from injury. Context is important.
    Sounds like an excuse to me because he's been an effective PG stopper coming back from injury. Injuries are part of the game.


    Statistically they play worse with Rondo on the court too, is he scrub?
    They play even worse with Bradley on the court than with Rondo. & obviously Rondo isn't a scrub because he accumulates stats at a higher rate than Bradley.

    He's also only 22, and looks like could easily be Tony Allen 2.0. Im not sure why you would just make stuff up and say "he gets abused by SGs". If you dont like a player that's fine, but dont spew inaccurate garbage.
    The stats for this season show he's been getting abused by SG's. How am I making that up? Tony Allen has a couple inches and 30lbs on him. Bradley is an undersized SG defensive specialist. I don't see what is so special about him besides his ability to lockdown PG's.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

  13. #1018
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Steel City
    Posts
    4,792
    vCash
    1500
    Earlier this season, there were rumors the Celtics were interested in Rudy Gay, but what they have to offer (Pierce) never appealed to the Grizzlies, and the talks never advanced past rudimentary discussions. Instead, they might go after a starting-caliber point guard like Kyle Lowry. ESPN’s Marc Stein tweeted that it’s more likely Boston will pursue Lowry than Gay. The Toronto guard has one of the best contracts in basketball, making around $12 million over this season and the next. He’d also fit in nicely with Boston’s bulldog mentality.
    I think something will happen with this

  14. #1019
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,372
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    From Grantland...



    The only reason I like the idea of Pierce is to flip him, ideally this offseason (we could help gain value for the pick we gave up for Lowry if Pierce helps the team to a better record this season).

    Pierce would be a big time trade asset as an expiring next year.
    I'm fine with getting Pierce, I just didn't see it as very likely because it leaves Boston in the middle of no where. They aren't really rebuilding, and they aren't going to be competing without pierce.

    The only issue for me on the Raptors side is the fact that we have no backup PG. I don't want Lucas and one of Cald/Klow as my only PGS.

    I think the Lowry deal is more likely. It doesn't make sense to me for Boston to take on Calderon. Lowry is cheaper and will be able to play at the beginning of next season when Rondo is still rehabbing.

  15. #1020
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,657
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Sounds like an excuse to me because he's been an effective PG stopper coming back from injury. Injuries are part of the game.




    They play even worse with Bradley on the court than with Rondo. & obviously Rondo isn't a scrub because he accumulates stats at a higher rate than Bradley.



    The stats for this season show he's been getting abused by SG's. How am I making that up? Tony Allen has a couple inches and 30lbs on him. Bradley is an undersized SG defensive specialist. I don't see what is so special about him besides his ability to lockdown PG's.
    I'll go by the much larger sample size (64 gms vs 13) of when he was healthy as a better indicator of his defense, but to each his own. A 22 yr old lock down defender who can hit the 3 at a good clip is more than a "scrub" imo.

Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •