Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    yea i saw that. just to take on $5M dollars? Dang why wasn't Toronto in on that? we could use the pick(s).

well, Memphis is under the tax threshold with this move (or pretty close to it)
    We couldn't be. Cavaliers are significantly under the cap enough that they can take on the variance in salary. Our cap situation is much more restrictive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaoudS View Post
    The Cavs just did a trade with the Griz netting them short term deals and a first round pick, which is top 5 protected in 2015.
    not a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder. But I like the deal for the cavs. I always liked Speights.

vCash
    Doug Smith is saying that Pau rumours could re-surface:

It’s astonishing what’s gone on there, simply astonishing, and if Gasol’s not moved by the trade deadline, I’d be stunned.

And you know what that means?

More Toronto rumours, I’m sure.

Now, would you do Andrea Bargnani and, say, Alan Anderson, Linas Kleiza (who the Raptors are likely to amnesty next summer) and John Lucas III or something like that for him?
    Link: http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...tarting-lineup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post

I think Gasol would make the team better. And since I am currently in a "Tank for Wiggins" sort of mood, it would be counter productive to that. So I likely would pass on that.
    Raptors count-up to 36 wins: 34 - 48 || #TankForWiggins
    http://blogasvalanciunas.tumblr.com
    Hey Cashman, fire Girardi and then yourself!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    LOL. get the hell outta here!
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I don't want any old and past their prime players it just reminds me of the last time with the dream that turned into a nightmare . Young good players on the upswing or picks . Maybe if BC can get enough old worn out slow players he can accelerate the rebuild so much that we will be rebuilding again next year .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    LOL. get the hell outta here!
    I like how that trade actually helps the Lakers a lot according to the trade machine's statistical analysis

vCash
    I like how that trade actually helps the Lakers a lot according to the trade machine's statistical analysis
    well what's your analysis of that deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    well what's your analysis of that deal?
    I think we are getting the better end of the deal talent wise. I just don't know if i like how much financial commitments we would be looking at. probably would get us into the playoffs. I would do it. I just don't think the Lakers would.

vCash
    I think we are getting the better end of the deal talent wise. I just don't know if i like how much financial commitments we would be looking at. probably would get us into the playoffs. I would do it. I just don't think the Lakers would.
    not this year it ain't. maybe next year.

vCash

I agree, but with the frustration of laker fans, the fact that our players going to LA are more dantoni types.... And the news today that lakers don't want long term money/acknowledge the fact they can't keep their payroll where it is currently. I just tweaked the Doug smith listed deal to swap Jose for Nash which LA fans are not happy with... And added Clark to the deal to play some three for us. It's not horrible. Pau is a good post player. Months ago.... I would have been laughed at for a deal that included Nash and Gasol.

vCash
    Oh, and the fact that Nash said he would go to LA if Gasol was there. Nash is close to being chased out of town and was close to coming here.

vCash

The Raps don't really lose anything in that deal so its not a huge deal in that regard. I'd usually say I was worried about the Raps getting better without much chance to go anywhere but they are in that situation anyways. Gasol would be a decent player to work with JV, Jonas seems to have some similar attributes to Gasol and could learn from him. Gasol might also help make the motion offense look like a real motion offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    if they really really wanted to blow it up

i think its actually a pretty fair trade but i know lakers would not pull the trigger

Page 60 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast